New Topic Respond to this Topic
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 16:31:23 Reply

I mostly regret eating something that makes me feel weird like eating a whole pint of ice cream or something, you know just getting not enough nutrients and then giving your body some weird shit to digest is always going to feel worse

Hoodie
Hoodie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 18:20:33 Reply

At 3/6/18 03:40 PM, Zymbot wrote:
At 3/6/18 03:37 PM, Hoodie wrote: mint ice cream
Give it to me. I like mint ice cream.

its probably spoiled by now

Big-Boss
Big-Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Writer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 22:33:00 Reply

At 3/6/18 07:07 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

I just can't handle the combination of soft jelly-like consistency/total lack of taste.

That's pretty much it.

A lot of people here in Minnesota like it. I've never tried it and probably never will. It looks repulsive.

At 3/6/18 08:20 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: Burger King 4x Cheese Whopper. I thought the meat to cheese ratio was gonna be good. Was wrong.
Buying standard Whopper next time.

I've never had that, but I've had the Bacon King before w/o mayo.

It was just too much cheese and beef. I probably felt the same way you did about that 4x cheese Whopper. It really needed some veggies on it. It was a burger so savory and rich that it would make you feel sick. If you ever order it, balance it out with some lettuce, tomatoes and pickles or something.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

Sig by Homicidee.

BBS Signature
Zymbot
Zymbot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 01:49:37 Reply

At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2017/10/31/fda-issues-warning-about-black-licorice-for-halloween/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

Sweet! Another reason not to eat it.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 06:28:36 Reply

At 3/6/18 10:33 PM, Big-Boss wrote: A lot of people here in Minnesota like it. I've never tried it and probably never will. It looks repulsive.

Didn't expect this could ever spread that far! :O Yeah best be wary. It looks like it tastes.

At 3/6/18 01:32 PM, Bones wrote: I thought most nordic food was just...bleh

Most nordic food is great though. Potato pancakes, semlor, all our other fishy, preferably fried, traditional meals that actually taste something...

Big-Boss
Big-Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Writer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 06:42:03 Reply

At 3/7/18 06:28 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/18 10:33 PM, Big-Boss wrote: A lot of people here in Minnesota like it. I've never tried it and probably never will. It looks repulsive.
Didn't expect this could ever spread that far! :O Yeah best be wary. It looks like it tastes.

You do know that a lot of Scandinavian people live in Minnesota, right? Haha.

Not that much of a surprise.

Sig by Homicidee.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 08:18:42 Reply

At 3/7/18 06:42 AM, Big-Boss wrote: You do know that a lot of Scandinavian people live in Minnesota, right? Haha.

I know a lot of us immigrated to the US back in the thirties, but not Minnesota in particular no! Interesting.

You don't happen to be of Scandinavian descent too by any chance...?

esko-man
esko-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 12:26:26 Reply

I went to a bar in the city for some kind of mural event. There was a food truck outside but it was run by hippies. They basically had all overpriced, tiny portions of things like something weird on some kind of weird bread, or some kind of Mediterranean mixture of greens, but I bought the cold spaghetti noodles with peanuts. Money down the drain...

BBS Signature
Big-Boss
Big-Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Writer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 23:04:35 Reply

At 3/7/18 08:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/7/18 06:42 AM, Big-Boss wrote: You do know that a lot of Scandinavian people live in Minnesota, right? Haha.

I know a lot of us immigrated to the US back in the thirties, but not Minnesota in particular no! Interesting.

You don't happen to be of Scandinavian descent too by any chance...?

No, not that I know of, at least, haha.

That's probably why I don't want to try it. :p

At 3/7/18 12:26 PM, esko-man wrote: I went to a bar in the city for some kind of mural event. There was a food truck outside but it was run by hippies. They basically had all overpriced, tiny portions of things like something weird on some kind of weird bread, or some kind of Mediterranean mixture of greens, but I bought the cold spaghetti noodles with peanuts. Money down the drain...

Sounds more like some weird hipster food truck than hippies, but all right, haha.

That does sound unappetizing, though.

Sig by Homicidee.

BBS Signature
troPSDNUORGWEN
troPSDNUORGWEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 23:19:56 Reply

I’m not too sure if grapefruit juice would count as a food, but it’s all I can really think of right now.

Just because I had a bad past here doesn’t mean that I am forever bad. A man can change.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer

At 3/7/18 11:04 PM, Big-Boss wrote: No, not that I know of, at least, haha.

That's probably why I don't want to try it. :p

Well you never know, I am from here, after all, there are fractions of us who resist also. :P

I think there's probably some natural logic or instinct within us that prevents us from eating anything that either looks or tastes this... inedible. XD Even if Scandinavians otherwise do somehow seem to override that built in defense-mechanism en masse...

LordSecet
LordSecet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-08 10:38:43 Reply

Old Croc Sharp Cheddar cheese. It had this horribly nasty citrusy aftertaste to it that made me gag after I took the first bite.

RightTime
RightTime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Writer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-15 19:24:52 Reply

I once bought some Wor Shu duck at a Chinese restaurant I hadn't tried before. I don't know what they did to the duck, but it was all fat and overcooked. The vegetables alongside it were cold and the rice was gelatinous and not in a good way. The whole thing was downright inedible and it was the worst duck I've ever had. I'd almost feel better about the meal if someone had told me it wasn't duck, since messing up duck that bad should be a crime.

Join the Pepe the Frog Fan Club and Check out my Free Stuff List
Post in Corrupt a Wish. My old threads here. Sig image by Jackho

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-15 20:08:13 Reply

I bought this dehydrated fish from the Asian market, it basically looked like pork rinds but it was dried fish meat.
I cooked it and it was revolting.