00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Food That You Bought And Hated

983 Views | 21 Replies

Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 06:26:14

I got the idea for this thread after I got some Newman's Own Queso Dip. It's the NASTIEST queso dip I've ever had, let alone the nastiest thing I've had in a long time.

You know that taste you get in your mouth after you throw up? That's kind of what it tastes like. I don't understand how it's still being sold anywhere. Plus, it's extremely gelatinous. Nasty.

I wish I had read reviews about it before I decided to get it, but it was just a random purchase because I randomly thought, 'queso dip sounds good'.

Seriously, don't ever buy this brand of queso dip.

What food products have you folks purchased that you absolutely hated?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 07:07:19

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

I just can't handle the combination of soft jelly-like consistency/total lack of taste.

That's pretty much it.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 09:11:16

At 3/6/18 07:17 AM, Sause wrote: hatred you say? @funkbrs

funkBRS and food, though! Should be interesting. Sounds like a real love/hate relationship...

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 09:16:09

At 3/6/18 09:11 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/18 07:17 AM, Sause wrote: hatred you say? @funkbrs
funkBRS and food, though! Should be interesting. Sounds like a real love/hate relationship...

There is only one cheese dip, and it is Pancho's.

Traitors get what they deserve.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 11:22:01

Caramel apple yogurt by Chobani.

Blegh

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 11:36:21

At 3/6/18 09:16 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: There is only one cheese dip, and it is Pancho's.

Traitors get what they deserve.

But I don't even think they sell that here! :/

If it really is as good as you say though, hmmmm, import business potential...

BBS Signature

At 3/6/18 10:57 AM, Zymbot wrote: One time I purchased tuna canned in vegetable oil instead of water by mistake.

Decided to try it.

???!

I've been avoiding tuna canned in water since the first and only time I ever tried it, tempted by the cheapness. It doesn't preserve the taste at all! How is it possible taste can differ so greatly. O_O

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 12:40:09

At 3/6/18 12:23 PM, esko-man wrote: I bought some off-brand Keurig cups from Walmart, not labeled as Great Value, but something in the same Walmart family of brands.

Speaking of Walmart..

One time I bought their chocolate shells and they tasted pretty toxic.

I guess a lot of the specialty chocolates there have a bitter taste.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:32:43

At 3/6/18 07:07 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

I just can't handle the combination of soft jelly-like consistency/total lack of taste.

That's pretty much it.

I thought most nordic food was just...bleh

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:45:20

At 3/6/18 01:36 PM, esko-man wrote: Chocolate is pretty bitter without sugar, which is the more expensive ingredient, so cheap chocolate is usually more bitter, not all that different from dark chocolate.

I'm almost entirely certain they did have sugar (what doesn't?) but they tasted like soap or some other chemical.

Not all chocolate is made from natural ingredients you know.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

candy cane soda.
cranberrysause(notjelly)
squid salad.
(oriental)chinese cracker mix.
rotten sushi(salmon)
somewhat kiwano melon.
cinnonmon roll soda.

Let the Past Be The Past The Present Is Currently Important Because Dwelling On The Future Will Lead To Failure.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:57:02

At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.

I never really cared for black candy (racist!) but my BF likes it for some reason.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 15:16:41

At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.

I love licorice what you talken about!

Let the Past Be The Past The Present Is Currently Important Because Dwelling On The Future Will Lead To Failure.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 16:31:23

I mostly regret eating something that makes me feel weird like eating a whole pint of ice cream or something, you know just getting not enough nutrients and then giving your body some weird shit to digest is always going to feel worse

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 22:33:00

At 3/6/18 07:07 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

That's pretty much it.

A lot of people here in Minnesota like it. I've never tried it and probably never will. It looks repulsive.

At 3/6/18 08:20 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: Burger King 4x Cheese Whopper. I thought the meat to cheese ratio was gonna be good. Was wrong.
Buying standard Whopper next time.

I've never had that, but I've had the Bacon King before w/o mayo.

It was just too much cheese and beef. I probably felt the same way you did about that 4x cheese Whopper. It really needed some veggies on it. It was a burger so savory and rich that it would make you feel sick. If you ever order it, balance it out with some lettuce, tomatoes and pickles or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 06:28:36

At 3/6/18 10:33 PM, Big-Boss wrote: A lot of people here in Minnesota like it. I've never tried it and probably never will. It looks repulsive.

Didn't expect this could ever spread that far! :O Yeah best be wary. It looks like it tastes.

At 3/6/18 01:32 PM, Bones wrote: I thought most nordic food was just...bleh

Most nordic food is great though. Potato pancakes, semlor, all our other fishy, preferably fried, traditional meals that actually taste something...

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 06:42:03

At 3/7/18 06:28 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/18 10:33 PM, Big-Boss wrote: A lot of people here in Minnesota like it. I've never tried it and probably never will. It looks repulsive.
Didn't expect this could ever spread that far! :O Yeah best be wary. It looks like it tastes.

You do know that a lot of Scandinavian people live in Minnesota, right? Haha.

Not that much of a surprise.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 08:18:42

At 3/7/18 06:42 AM, Big-Boss wrote: You do know that a lot of Scandinavian people live in Minnesota, right? Haha.

I know a lot of us immigrated to the US back in the thirties, but not Minnesota in particular no! Interesting.

You don't happen to be of Scandinavian descent too by any chance...?

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 23:04:35

At 3/7/18 08:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/7/18 06:42 AM, Big-Boss wrote: You do know that a lot of Scandinavian people live in Minnesota, right? Haha.

I know a lot of us immigrated to the US back in the thirties, but not Minnesota in particular no! Interesting.

You don't happen to be of Scandinavian descent too by any chance...?

No, not that I know of, at least, haha.

That's probably why I don't want to try it. :p

At 3/7/18 12:26 PM, esko-man wrote: I went to a bar in the city for some kind of mural event. There was a food truck outside but it was run by hippies. They basically had all overpriced, tiny portions of things like something weird on some kind of weird bread, or some kind of Mediterranean mixture of greens, but I bought the cold spaghetti noodles with peanuts. Money down the drain...

Sounds more like some weird hipster food truck than hippies, but all right, haha.

That does sound unappetizing, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-07 23:19:56

I’m not too sure if grapefruit juice would count as a food, but it’s all I can really think of right now.

Just because I had a bad past here doesn’t mean that I am forever bad. A man can change.

At 3/7/18 11:04 PM, Big-Boss wrote: No, not that I know of, at least, haha.

That's probably why I don't want to try it. :p

Well you never know, I am from here, after all, there are fractions of us who resist also. :P

I think there's probably some natural logic or instinct within us that prevents us from eating anything that either looks or tastes this... inedible. XD Even if Scandinavians otherwise do somehow seem to override that built in defense-mechanism en masse...

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-08 10:38:43

Old Croc Sharp Cheddar cheese. It had this horribly nasty citrusy aftertaste to it that made me gag after I took the first bite.