00:00
00:00

Food That You Bought And Hated

545 Views | 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 06:26:14


I got the idea for this thread after I got some Newman's Own Queso Dip. It's the NASTIEST queso dip I've ever had, let alone the nastiest thing I've had in a long time.

You know that taste you get in your mouth after you throw up? That's kind of what it tastes like. I don't understand how it's still being sold anywhere. Plus, it's extremely gelatinous. Nasty.

I wish I had read reviews about it before I decided to get it, but it was just a random purchase because I randomly thought, 'queso dip sounds good'.

Seriously, don't ever buy this brand of queso dip.

What food products have you folks purchased that you absolutely hated?


It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 07:07:19


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

I just can't handle the combination of soft jelly-like consistency/total lack of taste.

That's pretty much it.

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 08:20:52


Burger King 4x Cheese Whopper. I thought the meat to cheese ratio was gonna be good. Was wrong.
Buying standard Whopper next time.

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 09:11:16


At 3/6/18 07:17 AM, Sause wrote: hatred you say? @funkbrs

funkBRS and food, though! Should be interesting. Sounds like a real love/hate relationship...

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 09:16:09


At 3/6/18 09:11 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/18 07:17 AM, Sause wrote: hatred you say? @funkbrs
funkBRS and food, though! Should be interesting. Sounds like a real love/hate relationship...

There is only one cheese dip, and it is Pancho's.

Traitors get what they deserve.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.

HATE.

Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 09:34:56


ARBY'S bleh ugh ew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vxQqdFOeoM

THIS IS TRUE!


~~ JOIN the Late Night Lounge ~---------------------------------The man who hates me----------------------------------~ JOIN The TV Show Fanatics Club ~~

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 10:57:43


One time I purchased tuna canned in vegetable oil instead of water by mistake.

Decided to try it.

Food That You Bought And Hated

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 11:22:01


Caramel apple yogurt by Chobani.

Blegh

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 11:36:21


At 3/6/18 09:16 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: There is only one cheese dip, and it is Pancho's.

Traitors get what they deserve.

But I don't even think they sell that here! :/

If it really is as good as you say though, hmmmm, import business potential...


At 3/6/18 10:57 AM, Zymbot wrote: One time I purchased tuna canned in vegetable oil instead of water by mistake.

Decided to try it.

???!

I've been avoiding tuna canned in water since the first and only time I ever tried it, tempted by the cheapness. It doesn't preserve the taste at all! How is it possible taste can differ so greatly. O_O

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 12:23:33


I bought some off-brand Keurig cups from Walmart, not labeled as Great Value, but something in the same Walmart family of brands. It was supposed to be caramel mocha or something so it was supposed to have a sweetness to it, but it was gross. It had that aspartame artificial sweetener taste of diet soda. Though it's never my first choice, I can handle it in soda, but it was disgusting in this coffee.


...

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 12:40:09


At 3/6/18 12:23 PM, esko-man wrote: I bought some off-brand Keurig cups from Walmart, not labeled as Great Value, but something in the same Walmart family of brands.

Speaking of Walmart..

One time I bought their chocolate shells and they tasted pretty toxic.

I guess a lot of the specialty chocolates there have a bitter taste.

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:31:39


gluten free _______
50% of either being hot garbage or edible


You can lead a horse to water, but that horse is a actually a donkey and he wont listen to a word you say because he is rebellious

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:32:43


At 3/6/18 07:07 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

I just can't handle the combination of soft jelly-like consistency/total lack of taste.

That's pretty much it.

I thought most nordic food was just...bleh


BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:34:32


One time I bought canned chicken and dumplings, and didn't like it at all.

Was nothing like the chicken and dumplings my grandma used to make from scratch.

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:36:07


At 3/6/18 12:40 PM, Painbringer wrote:
Speaking of Walmart..

One time I bought their chocolate shells and they tasted pretty toxic.

I guess a lot of the specialty chocolates there have a bitter taste.

Chocolate is pretty bitter without sugar, which is the more expensive ingredient, so cheap chocolate is usually more bitter, not all that different from dark chocolate.


...

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:38:39


As a kid, there was nothing like finding a hard chunk of something in your hotdog to turn you off of the things. I didn't touch them for years, but I got over it, and I'm happy to have them occasionally.


...

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:45:20


At 3/6/18 01:36 PM, esko-man wrote: Chocolate is pretty bitter without sugar, which is the more expensive ingredient, so cheap chocolate is usually more bitter, not all that different from dark chocolate.

I'm almost entirely certain they did have sugar (what doesn't?) but they tasted like soap or some other chemical.

Not all chocolate is made from natural ingredients you know.


candy cane soda.
cranberrysause(notjelly)
squid salad.
(oriental)chinese cracker mix.
rotten sushi(salmon)
somewhat kiwano melon.
cinnonmon roll soda.


Let the Past Be The Past The Present Is Currently Important Because Dwelling On The Future Will Lead To Failure.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:50:28


I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.

Food That You Bought And Hated

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:57:02


At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.

I never really cared for black candy (racist!) but my BF likes it for some reason.

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 14:08:58


At 3/6/18 01:57 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.
I never really cared for black candy (racist!) but my BF likes it for some reason.

I don't like black jelly beans either.

They should be segregated from the good ones.

Food That You Bought And Hated

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 14:17:01


At 3/6/18 01:45 PM, Painbringer wrote:
I'm almost entirely certain they did have sugar (what doesn't?) but they tasted like soap or some other chemical.

Not all chocolate is made from natural ingredients you know.

I'm sure it did, but the question would be, how much? Sure there are artificial chocolate flavorings but you can't label and sell them as chocolate. It was probably a pretty low-grade product all the way around, but I'm assuming it didn't have much sugar if you were tasting bitter instead of sweet.


...

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 14:19:52


At 3/6/18 02:08 PM, Zymbot wrote:
At 3/6/18 01:57 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.
I never really cared for black candy (racist!) but my BF likes it for some reason.
I don't like black jelly beans either.

They should be segregated from the good ones.

That's more like it. Keep them in separate, but equal, ghettos at the very end of the candy aisle.

Food That You Bought And Hated

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 15:16:41


At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.

I love licorice what you talken about!


Let the Past Be The Past The Present Is Currently Important Because Dwelling On The Future Will Lead To Failure.

BBS Signature

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 15:20:01


At 3/6/18 03:16 PM, Noveltybest wrote:
At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.
I love licorice what you talken about!

So do I, I just hate black licorice.

It taste like a tire.

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 15:37:29


mint ice cream

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 15:40:22


At 3/6/18 03:37 PM, Hoodie wrote: mint ice cream

Give it to me. I like mint ice cream.

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 16:31:23


I mostly regret eating something that makes me feel weird like eating a whole pint of ice cream or something, you know just getting not enough nutrients and then giving your body some weird shit to digest is always going to feel worse

Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 18:20:33


At 3/6/18 03:40 PM, Zymbot wrote:
At 3/6/18 03:37 PM, Hoodie wrote: mint ice cream
Give it to me. I like mint ice cream.

its probably spoiled by now