Be a Supporter!

Food That You Bought And Hated

  • 415 Views
  • 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Big-Boss
Big-Boss
  • Member since: Mar. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 41
Writer

I got the idea for this thread after I got some Newman's Own Queso Dip. It's the NASTIEST queso dip I've ever had, let alone the nastiest thing I've had in a long time.

You know that taste you get in your mouth after you throw up? That's kind of what it tastes like. I don't understand how it's still being sold anywhere. Plus, it's extremely gelatinous. Nasty.

I wish I had read reviews about it before I decided to get it, but it was just a random purchase because I randomly thought, 'queso dip sounds good'.

Seriously, don't ever buy this brand of queso dip.

What food products have you folks purchased that you absolutely hated?


It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

Sig by Homicidee.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 07:07:19 Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

I just can't handle the combination of soft jelly-like consistency/total lack of taste.

That's pretty much it.

Sause
Sause
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2012
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 07:17:59 Reply

hatred you say? @funkbrs

ZachZenith
ZachZenith
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 08:16:54 Reply

At 3/6/18 06:26 AM, Big-Boss wrote: I got the idea for this thread after I got some Newman's Own Queso Dip. It's the NASTIEST queso dip I've ever had, let alone the nastiest thing I've had in a long time.

You know that taste you get in your mouth after you throw up? That's kind of what it tastes like. I don't understand how it's still being sold anywhere. Plus, it's extremely gelatinous. Nasty.

I wish I had read reviews about it before I decided to get it, but it was just a random purchase because I randomly thought, 'queso dip sounds good'.

Seriously, don't ever buy this brand of queso dip.

What food products have you folks purchased that you absolutely hated?

it didn't exactly taste so bad that i wanted to vomit, but i got some sara lee bread (or whatever it's called) and it's so god damn flimsy, it's always falling apart
and the worst part is that there are two loaves of it (it was from costco) and now i don't know what to do with it

MPPlantOfficial
MPPlantOfficial
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 08:20:52 Reply

Burger King 4x Cheese Whopper. I thought the meat to cheese ratio was gonna be good. Was wrong.
Buying standard Whopper next time.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 09:11:16 Reply

At 3/6/18 07:17 AM, Sause wrote: hatred you say? @funkbrs

funkBRS and food, though! Should be interesting. Sounds like a real love/hate relationship...

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 09:16:09 Reply

At 3/6/18 09:11 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/18 07:17 AM, Sause wrote: hatred you say? @funkbrs
funkBRS and food, though! Should be interesting. Sounds like a real love/hate relationship...

There is only one cheese dip, and it is Pancho's.

Traitors get what they deserve.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
Quisty
Quisty
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Art Lover
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 09:34:56 Reply

ARBY'S bleh ugh ew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vxQqdFOeoM

THIS IS TRUE!


Just remember I gave u my heart and u took it for granted. U fucked this up, but I forgive u. We should have been married long ago..with kids playing under a moon full of joy

Zymbot
Zymbot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 10:57:43 Reply

One time I purchased tuna canned in vegetable oil instead of water by mistake.

Decided to try it.

Food That You Bought And Hated

HeadMistressSeven
HeadMistressSeven
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Artist
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 11:36:21 Reply

At 3/6/18 09:16 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: There is only one cheese dip, and it is Pancho's.

Traitors get what they deserve.

But I don't even think they sell that here! :/

If it really is as good as you say though, hmmmm, import business potential...

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer

At 3/6/18 10:57 AM, Zymbot wrote: One time I purchased tuna canned in vegetable oil instead of water by mistake.

Decided to try it.

???!

I've been avoiding tuna canned in water since the first and only time I ever tried it, tempted by the cheapness. It doesn't preserve the taste at all! How is it possible taste can differ so greatly. O_O

esko-man
esko-man
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 12:23:33 Reply

I bought some off-brand Keurig cups from Walmart, not labeled as Great Value, but something in the same Walmart family of brands. It was supposed to be caramel mocha or something so it was supposed to have a sweetness to it, but it was gross. It had that aspartame artificial sweetener taste of diet soda. Though it's never my first choice, I can handle it in soda, but it was disgusting in this coffee.


...

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 12:40:09 Reply

At 3/6/18 12:23 PM, esko-man wrote: I bought some off-brand Keurig cups from Walmart, not labeled as Great Value, but something in the same Walmart family of brands.

Speaking of Walmart..

One time I bought their chocolate shells and they tasted pretty toxic.

I guess a lot of the specialty chocolates there have a bitter taste.

CoolCatDaddio
CoolCatDaddio
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Art Lover
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:31:39 Reply

gluten free _______
50% of either being hot garbage or edible


You can lead a horse to water, but that horse is a actually a donkey and he wont listen to a word you say because he is rebellious

BBS Signature
Bones
Bones
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:32:43 Reply

At 3/6/18 07:07 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

I just can't handle the combination of soft jelly-like consistency/total lack of taste.

That's pretty much it.

I thought most nordic food was just...bleh


BBS Signature
Zymbot
Zymbot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:34:32 Reply

One time I bought canned chicken and dumplings, and didn't like it at all.

Was nothing like the chicken and dumplings my grandma used to make from scratch.

esko-man
esko-man
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:36:07 Reply

At 3/6/18 12:40 PM, Painbringer wrote:
Speaking of Walmart..

One time I bought their chocolate shells and they tasted pretty toxic.

I guess a lot of the specialty chocolates there have a bitter taste.

Chocolate is pretty bitter without sugar, which is the more expensive ingredient, so cheap chocolate is usually more bitter, not all that different from dark chocolate.


...

BBS Signature
esko-man
esko-man
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:38:39 Reply

As a kid, there was nothing like finding a hard chunk of something in your hotdog to turn you off of the things. I didn't touch them for years, but I got over it, and I'm happy to have them occasionally.


...

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:45:20 Reply

At 3/6/18 01:36 PM, esko-man wrote: Chocolate is pretty bitter without sugar, which is the more expensive ingredient, so cheap chocolate is usually more bitter, not all that different from dark chocolate.

I'm almost entirely certain they did have sugar (what doesn't?) but they tasted like soap or some other chemical.

Not all chocolate is made from natural ingredients you know.

Noveltybest
Noveltybest
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Blank Slate

candy cane soda.
cranberrysause(notjelly)
squid salad.
(oriental)chinese cracker mix.
rotten sushi(salmon)
somewhat kiwano melon.
cinnonmon roll soda.

Zymbot
Zymbot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:50:28 Reply

I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.

Food That You Bought And Hated

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 13:57:02 Reply

At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.

I never really cared for black candy (racist!) but my BF likes it for some reason.

Zymbot
Zymbot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 14:08:58 Reply

At 3/6/18 01:57 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.
I never really cared for black candy (racist!) but my BF likes it for some reason.

I don't like black jelly beans either.

They should be segregated from the good ones.

Food That You Bought And Hated

esko-man
esko-man
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 14:17:01 Reply

At 3/6/18 01:45 PM, Painbringer wrote:
I'm almost entirely certain they did have sugar (what doesn't?) but they tasted like soap or some other chemical.

Not all chocolate is made from natural ingredients you know.

I'm sure it did, but the question would be, how much? Sure there are artificial chocolate flavorings but you can't label and sell them as chocolate. It was probably a pretty low-grade product all the way around, but I'm assuming it didn't have much sugar if you were tasting bitter instead of sweet.


...

BBS Signature
Zymbot
Zymbot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 14:19:52 Reply

At 3/6/18 02:08 PM, Zymbot wrote:
At 3/6/18 01:57 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.
I never really cared for black candy (racist!) but my BF likes it for some reason.
I don't like black jelly beans either.

They should be segregated from the good ones.

That's more like it. Keep them in separate, but equal, ghettos at the very end of the candy aisle.

Food That You Bought And Hated

Noveltybest
Noveltybest
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 15:16:41 Reply

At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.

I love licorice what you talken about!

Zymbot
Zymbot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 15:20:01 Reply

At 3/6/18 03:16 PM, Noveltybest wrote:
At 3/6/18 01:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: I remember getting black licorice as a kid and not liking the taste at all.
I love licorice what you talken about!

So do I, I just hate black licorice.

It taste like a tire.

Hoodie
Hoodie
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 15:37:29 Reply

mint ice cream

Zymbot
Zymbot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Food That You Bought And Hated 2018-03-06 15:40:22 Reply

At 3/6/18 03:37 PM, Hoodie wrote: mint ice cream

Give it to me. I like mint ice cream.