00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 214 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Pit People Art Contest!

19,392 Views | 113 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-04 23:15:24 (edited 2018-03-05 10:12:24)


At 3/2/18 01:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: Pit People, the new fast-paced, turn-based co-op adventure from the Behemoth, just released on Steam and Xbox One!

To celebrate, we're hosting a Pit People art contest!

Make some original art based on Pit People and upload it here by 11:59PM EST on Sunday, March 18th.

Tag your entry with "pitpeople" and feel welcome to link to it in this thread as well.

If you aren't a scouted artist on NG, we'll still find your entry!

Entries will be judged by Pit People artist @DanPaladin, with the top ten being gifted Pit People Steam keys.

Already own it? Gift a copy to a friend!

You can use this thread to discuss Pit People and share your works in progress!

Alrighty; I believe my entry is finished. I hope it's to your liking, Mr. Paladin!

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-05 03:29:46


Is animated short or GIF accepted?

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-05 09:43:38


At 3/4/18 02:07 PM, Acidosage wrote: sounds pretty cheap of a prize but meh who cares, i'll probably enter if i remember. Does it need to be in a particular style?

Any style is fine!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-05 10:09:25


At 3/4/18 02:58 PM, Luckytime wrote: 2 weeks isn't a lot of time to make something good if you're busy. People with jobs, school, and kids are at a disadvantage.

Do you think three weeks would work well?


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-05 10:15:28


At 3/5/18 03:29 AM, hlongtitan wrote: Is animated short or GIF accepted?

Something in animated GIF format would be ok.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-05 10:55:40 (edited 2018-03-05 10:56:09)


there you go, hope you will find it funny! as this was a quck fun sketch!

entry

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-05 11:24:05


At 3/4/18 11:15 PM, Welldoneshellfish wrote:
At 3/2/18 01:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: Pit People, the new fast-paced, turn-based co-op adventure from the Behemoth, just released on Steam and Xbox One!

To celebrate, we're hosting a Pit People art contest!

Make some original art based on Pit People and upload it here by 11:59PM EST on Sunday, March 18th.

Tag your entry with "pitpeople" and feel welcome to link to it in this thread as well.

If you aren't a scouted artist on NG, we'll still find your entry!

Entries will be judged by Pit People artist @DanPaladin, with the top ten being gifted Pit People Steam keys.

Already own it? Gift a copy to a friend!

You can use this thread to discuss Pit People and share your works in progress!
Alrighty; I believe my entry is finished. I hope it's to your liking, Mr. Paladin!
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/welldoneshellfish/pit-people-art-contest-entry

Wait, nevermind; it's STILL not due. Well, more work is to be done in that case; this is what happens when you skim over the contest rules while very busy and tired and miss the part where the actual deadline is elucidated lol.

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-05 19:03:58


Second WIP, managed to grab a few hours tonight

Pit People Art Contest!

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-05 21:07:12


At 3/5/18 07:03 PM, Jobertson wrote: Second WIP, managed to grab a few hours tonight

Oh man, looking forward to seeing this done, loving the cupcake blood.

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-06 07:27:57


As an artist I feel like it should be my duty to wait until the day before the deadline then drink silly amounts of tea and work fueled on an all night caffeine high... I just assume that's how everyone else does it.


BBS Signature

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-06 10:13:11


At 3/6/18 07:27 AM, LegolaSS wrote: As an artist I feel like it should be my duty to wait until the day before the deadline then drink silly amounts of tea and work fueled on an all night caffeine high... I just assume that's how everyone else does it.

Confirmation , that's just how i do it, except that the only entry it makes is the dump folder coz it never gets finished.

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-06 21:17:50


At 3/5/18 10:09 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/4/18 02:58 PM, Luckytime wrote: 2 weeks isn't a lot of time to make something good if you're busy. People with jobs, school, and kids are at a disadvantage.
Do you think three weeks would work well?

It would be better, 4 weeks would be ideal but I know we don't inhabit an ideal world. Plus a lot of times people don't see the announcement until half their time is up soooo...

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-07 06:15:54


At 3/5/18 07:03 PM, Jobertson wrote: Second WIP, managed to grab a few hours tonight

I think we have a winner here :O this is so cool!

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-07 09:31:12


At 3/6/18 09:17 PM, Luckytime wrote:
At 3/5/18 10:09 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/4/18 02:58 PM, Luckytime wrote: 2 weeks isn't a lot of time to make something good if you're busy. People with jobs, school, and kids are at a disadvantage.
Do you think three weeks would work well?
It would be better, 4 weeks would be ideal but I know we don't inhabit an ideal world. Plus a lot of times people don't see the announcement until half their time is up soooo...

I've extended the deadline to Wednesday, March 28th!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-07 10:57:34


Wow! I want to achieve myself!

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-07 19:34:34


At 3/7/18 06:15 AM, rhys510 wrote: I think we have a winner here :O this is so cool!

Thanks both :D managed to polish it off tonight

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-07 21:28:47


At 3/7/18 09:31 AM, TomFulp wrote: I've extended the deadline to Wednesday, March 28th!

All praise be to BasedFulp!

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-08 20:03:40


Loving these already! Wooooo yesssss

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-08 22:53:51


Sounds like fun. I'll see if I can get something done by next week.

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-09 13:31:19


Started a doodle for it

Pit People Art Contest!


"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-09 21:14:06


Just a W.I.P.

Pit People Art Contest!


This entire page is dedicated to my giant ego

BBS Signature

This entire page is dedicated to my giant ego

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-10 13:30:40 (edited 2018-03-10 13:43:33)


Finally finished my entry for the art contest! Really excited for the game release!

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-10 14:58:07


I'm about halfway done already!
I love the game so much :)))

Pit People Art Contest!


~Whister

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-10 17:23:53


To bad pit people isn't on ps4 I would get it without a doubt you guys are basically kicking ps4 players in the balls and handing out free ice creams for Xbox players I mean come you leave out battleblock theatre and alien homid HD and now PIT PEOPLE for ps3/ps4 what next castle crashes 2 ok my rant is done

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-10 19:20:11 (edited 2018-03-10 19:21:44)


My entry!
I hope you don't mind a little lewdness.

Pit People Art Contest!

Response to Pit People Art Contest! 2018-03-11 06:27:09 (edited 2018-03-11 14:10:29)


Saturday night, er I mean Sunday morning but I got it done! Also just realized the contest has been extended T-T