• 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Zhon
Zhon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Writer

As part of my ongoing effort to help promote a game I'm working onwith a team of wonderfully creative people, I'm going to periodically post my more popular creature features here. I am the lead writer, though some of our Facebook posts are written by other people, so I'll only be sharing the ones I've written. Note that these are not the full official bestiary entries - just a slice to give you a taste.

If these strike your fancy, feel free to ask questions or say some words, here on on the Facebook page. I spent a lot of time with these beasties and love talking about them. Links to the original post for all creatures will be in the "Meet the Creature" text.

Disclaimer: The artist of these images is jocarra.deviantart.com. Lunar Games owns the rights to all text and images.

*edit* Images scaled down for forum use. */edit*

----

Meet the Creature: Canthrog

Traveling along the night road in regions home to Canthrogs is not for those with faint hearts and dull steel. Often mistaken for werewolves, these bestial hunters have spawned tales of terror in taverns coast to coast for as long as anyone can remember. They travel in packs, bounding along well-worn paths in search of food under the light of the moon, ripping through armor and bones alike with monstrous strength. Perhaps it is their tendency to dig straight for the heart that makes encounters with canthrogs particularly memorable.

RPG Bestiary: sample entries

JaxRhapsody
JaxRhapsody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to RPG Bestiary: sample entries 2018-02-10 01:51:07 Reply

At 2/8/18 02:58 PM, Zhon wrote: As part of my ongoing effort to help promote a game I'm working onwith a team of wonderfully creative people, I'm going to periodically post my more popular creature features here. I am the lead writer, though some of our Facebook posts are written by other people, so I'll only be sharing the ones I've written. Note that these are not the full official bestiary entries - just a slice to give you a taste.

...the ONE you've written...?
Well it looks far better than a(excuse my age or whatever) Balverine.

Waiting for this play to end, to take my last bow, for the curtains to drop the very last time.
No roses, just...done, no going back out...just...out the back, a memory lost.

Zhon
Zhon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Writer
Response to RPG Bestiary: sample entries 2018-02-10 02:10:22 Reply

At 2/10/18 01:51 AM, JaxRhapsody wrote:
At 2/8/18 02:58 PM, Zhon wrote: As part of my ongoing effort to help promote a game I'm working onwith a team of wonderfully creative people, I'm going to periodically post my more popular creature features here. I am the lead writer, though some of our Facebook posts are written by other people, so I'll only be sharing the ones I've written. Note that these are not the full official bestiary entries - just a slice to give you a taste.
...the ONE you've written...?
Well it looks far better than a(excuse my age or whatever) Balverine.

Note "periodically" - we have around 100 posts and around 150 creatures without posts yet. I didn't want to make an enormous first post, and of course want to be able to bump it up now and then ;)

Thanks. It's not my personal favorite or anything, but it did outperform on Facebook, so I guess some people like it.