00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

is this cheating?

506 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

is this cheating? 2018-02-06 11:33:48

If I use a artist drawing model thingy like body-kun DX for animation cheating??? If you don't trace over it just refrence it and still try to squash and stretch

Response to is this cheating? 2018-02-07 01:54:55

At 2/6/18 11:33 AM, peacefulpie wrote: If I use a artist drawing model thingy like body-kun DX for animation cheating??? If you don't trace over it just refrence it and still try to squash and stretch

First of all, there is no "cheating" in animation, it's a matter of copying other artist's stuff, however you can use a body-kun for having your constructions of keyposes right, I think It's a good way for having the muscles and skeleton right, but I don't know if It's a good way for learning anatomy and do whatever you want with your characters

You can use it, it's a method like another one, but is it a good one for animation

Response to is this cheating? 2018-02-07 02:43:11

but I don't know if It's a good way for learning anatomy

Why not is it good for learning anatomy? I thought I could use it for gesture drawing

Also if I use it will it be like stabilisers and not learn the proper animation type when I take stabilisers off

Response to is this cheating? 2018-02-07 12:55:35

At 2/7/18 02:43 AM, peacefulpie wrote:
but I don't know if It's a good way for learning anatomy
Why not is it good for learning anatomy? I thought I could use it for gesture drawing

Also if I use it will it be like stabilisers and not learn the proper animation type when I take stabilisers off

When you use someone's anime body mannequin template to learn anatomy it can create mistakes in peoples work that could be avoided by just studying real anatomy and figures. A reference should be a tool for learning not a crutch to carry someone's art ability. Body-kuns sexy body is useful for posing and quick reference, but remember that using a doll for reference may effect how your art looks. (it's not cheating btw)

"In matters of taste there can be no disputes."

BBS Signature

Response to is this cheating? 2018-02-08 11:03:32

When you use someone's anime body mannequin template to learn anatomy it can create mistakes in peoples work that could be avoided by just studying real anatomy and figures. A reference should be a tool for learning not a crutch to carry someone's art ability. Body-kuns sexy body is useful for posing and quick reference, but remember that using a doll for reference may effect how your art looks. (it's not cheating btw)

What about normal mannequin which is wooden and not anime? Also sorry but I cannot tell the difference between anime anatomy and real anatomy(sorry for stupidity). Also recommend good anatomy model to work with please

Response to is this cheating? 2018-02-16 16:16:16

At 2/10/18 05:02 PM, Sicsophor wrote:
At 2/7/18 01:54 AM, PounchPounch wrote:
At 2/6/18 11:33 AM, peacefulpie wrote: If I use a artist drawing model thingy like body-kun DX for animation cheating??? If you don't trace over it just refrence it and still try to squash and stretch
First of all, there is no "cheating" in animation, it's a matter of copying other artist's stuff, however you can use a body-kun for having your constructions of keyposes right, I think It's a good way for having the muscles and skeleton right, but I don't know if It's a good way for learning anatomy and do whatever you want with your characters

You can use it, it's a method like another one, but is it a good one for animation
Here's a good example of cheating in animation: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1162565

TL;DR - Guy traced scenes from Samurai Champloo and then justified it by giving a long weird explanation.

Complexe situation indeed,
I think that the word "cheating" is use for a good action, like doing something in a smart way, that's why I'm saying that cheating in animation doesn't exist because I can't find a thing that you can cheat with in animation

tracing is not smart and as I said, here, it's just copying other artist's stuff, even if the guy said it in his description, his animation is plagiarism, and i'm pretty sure that he traced other work from other artists than Samurai Champloo

Response to is this cheating? 2018-03-12 02:20:55

Yes, and you're going to gay Hell for it.

It's like regular Hell, except you know.

Gay.

BBS Signature

Response to is this cheating? 2018-03-12 12:31:52

At 3/12/18 02:20 AM, Zero2562130 wrote: Yes, and you're going to gay Hell for it.

Gay.

Why??

Response to is this cheating? 2018-03-12 16:23:57

At 3/12/18 12:31 PM, peacefulpie wrote:
At 3/12/18 02:20 AM, Zero2562130 wrote: Yes, and you're going to gay Hell for it.

Gay.
Why??

Because he wants someone to eat!