00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed

643 Views | 12 Replies

Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-05 08:39:17

I think the automated system is removing my artwork for Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC challenge because it looks like a selfie. It's a re-imaging of The Son of Man. Is there any way I can stop this?

Many thanks

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-05 15:16:59

At 2/5/18 08:39 AM, wozaa wrote: I think the automated system is removing my artwork for Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC challenge because it looks like a selfie. It's a re-imaging of The Son of Man. Is there any way I can stop this?

Many thanks

I don't know much about art......

However, I'm almost certain you either traced that or just filters/photoshop.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-05 18:04:52

At 2/5/18 03:16 PM, kidray76 wrote:
At 2/5/18 08:39 AM, wozaa wrote: I think the automated system is removing my artwork for Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC challenge because it looks like a selfie. It's a re-imaging of The Son of Man. Is there any way I can stop this?

Many thanks
I don't know much about art......

However, I'm almost certain you either traced that or just filters/photoshop.

I'm not the most imaginative person o I did use three photo's for reference and blend them into one. Yes I did use a photoshop type program but I did use a graphics tablet to draw and paint it. Photoshop images are still considered art (digital art).

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-05 18:06:05

I'm not the most imaginative person o I did use three photo's for reference and blend them into one. Yes I did use a photoshop type program but I did use a graphics tablet to draw and paint it. Photoshop images are still considered art (digital art).

2nd pic

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-05 18:07:09

3rd pic

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-05 20:20:38

At 2/5/18 06:04 PM, wozaa wrote:
Photoshop images are still considered art (digital art).

Yeah, but not in the art portal, sorry. It’s for paintings, digital and otherwise.
Your pics are treading the grey area, but ultimately it’s a selfie with a photoshop filter.

BBS Signature

At 2/5/18 08:20 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 2/5/18 06:04 PM, wozaa wrote:
Photoshop images are still considered art (digital art).
Yeah, but not in the art portal, sorry. It’s for paintings, digital and otherwise.
Your pics are treading the grey area, but ultimately it’s a selfie with a photoshop filter.

It was in the art portal, and no I didn't use a filter I drew it and painted it. I just used the photos as a reference instead of having a model in front of me. it a modern portrayal of the son of man

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-06 15:14:55

Using the pallet knife filter or the dry brush filter in photoshop isn't painting a piece yourself.

Also this.....

vvvvvvvvvv

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-07 13:39:48

At 2/6/18 03:14 PM, ornery wrote: Using the pallet knife filter or the dry brush filter in photoshop isn't painting a piece yourself.

Also this.....

vvvvvvvvvv

I didn't use a filter and what that's the image I used for reference notice the fact there is no bathroom behind him like in my painting.

At 2/7/18 01:39 PM, wozaa wrote:
At 2/6/18 03:14 PM, ornery wrote: Using the pallet knife filter or the dry brush filter in photoshop isn't painting a piece yourself.
I didn't use a filter and what that's the image I used for reference notice the fact there is no bathroom behind him like in my painting.

The thing is your image lines up perfectly with your photograph, and the pockets in your picture are formless bumps that add nothing to the pic and have no reason to be painted.

This has all the hallmarks of a filtered image. Please could you share some evidence that you have painted this, for everyone’s benefit.

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-11 19:10:55

At 2/7/18 03:12 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 2/7/18 01:39 PM, wozaa wrote:
The thing is your image lines up perfectly with your photograph, and the pockets in your picture are formless bumps that add nothing to the pic and have no reason to be painted.

This has all the hallmarks of a filtered image. Please could you share some evidence that you have painted this, for everyone’s benefit.

There the same size because I'm crap at drawing so I traced my outline from the photoshopped image then painted it. The pockets were meant to be more prominent but I couldn't work out how to do it an have it still look like the same fabric.

What sort of evidence am I meant to provide I never took a photo of my self while I was doing it all I have is my rough outline.

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-11 19:58:57

I'm sorry dude, but this is screaming fake. Even if that body outline you sent is real, you traced it.
And I'm not an expert with filters, but that is simply 3 layers, filtered.

Response to Jazza's PIMP MY CLASSIC removed 2018-02-12 03:09:52

At 2/11/18 07:10 PM, wozaa wrote: There the same size because I'm crap at drawing so I traced my outline from the photoshopped image then painted it. The pockets were meant to be more prominent but I couldn't work out how to do it an have it still look like the same fabric.

Then your ability to paint is supposedly stellar, as you’re able to match colour tones perfectly (even on the picture frame, no less) and know how to pick up a tricky art style by the custom brush settings ... all within 5 days, while being incapable of sketching an outline of a person standing up.

What sort of evidence am I meant to provide I never took a photo of my self while I was doing it all I have is my rough outline.

I can’t answer this for you, as people have different ways of working. Typically there’s a series of layers or backups of the drawing.

I’m locking this thread. I was going to suggest you send me proof via PM .... but frankly I don’t believe anything that you have said, and the art portal moderators have seen plenty of filtered pictures in their time.

I would be sympathetic to COTM entrants as they are new to the art portal, but your attempts at saving face have soured me and have done you no credit.

BBS Signature