00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

People who dont work

1,781 Views | 53 Replies

People who dont work 2018-02-02 10:01:39

I'm not talking about the people who struggle to find work in this economy and want to work or cant because of disability I'm talking about the people who choose not to get a job and live with their parents or roommate or whatever and sit home all day.

Like what happens when their parents die or kick them out of the house. Or their roommate gets fed up with their crap? Not to mention if youre one of those guys that plays video games and goes online all day how are you gonna pay for that when you got no one around?

I dunno I always wonder about how they get anywhere in life. With little money

I'll admit I was more of the want to work but had a hard time finding work way back when.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 12:45:06

That's when the parents/roommates need to stop fucking enabling them to be lazy goodfornothings and kick them out the door to look for work.

That's how you get these adults who need "adulting" classes like how to take the stem off a strawberry, or how to boil an egg, or how to wash your own clothes, because god forbid you teach little Timmy how to be a self-sufficient human because you can't stand the thought of them growing up.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 12:56:46

Well, he'll be 37 this year, so I think at this point he's waiting on his parents to die, and is just planning on keeping the house.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 12:58:32

At 2/2/18 12:56 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Well, he'll be 37 this year, so I think at this point he's waiting on his parents to die, and is just planning on keeping the house.

What about property tax and utility bills? I guess out of inheritance but he'd have to wait on probate to go through the courts to give him the money.

I don't even know who I'm talking about.

Who was phone?

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 13:09:02

At 2/2/18 12:58 PM, JadeTheAssassin wrote: What about property tax and utility bills? I guess out of inheritance but he'd have to wait on probate to go through the courts to give him the money.

I don't even know who I'm talking about

You do know him. :-)

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 13:13:46

How did you describe me exactly accidentally?
Am I just that predictable?

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 13:27:59

Some people can't pass a job interview to save their life...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 14:26:39

Funny story. You don't have to leave your house to make money. In fact, I was making enough money to fund my MMO addiction when I was a teen by selling 3D models on IMVU. Now I freelance from the comfort of wherever the fuck I want, and it makes me enough money to support a family of 4.

I've had exactly two job interviews and one "job." Traditional employment can eat a dick.

That being said, I think we all know someone like OP described, and I think the followup about enablers is pretty much a summation of the problem. Moochers can't mooch if they have no one to mooch off. To the curb.

(>'-')>

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 15:08:14

At 2/2/18 02:26 PM, Zhon wrote: Funny story. You don't have to leave your house to make money. In fact, I was making enough money to fund my MMO addiction when I was a teen by selling 3D models on IMVU. Now I freelance from the comfort of wherever the fuck I want, and it makes me enough money to support a family of 4

I've had exactly two job interviews and one "job." Traditional employment can eat a dick.

That being said, I think we all know someone like OP described, and I think the followup about enablers is pretty much a summation of the problem. Moochers can't mooch if they have no one to mooch off. To the curb.

No shit? Well congrats on that. And you got a family or just as an example

Yeah I know there are jobs you can work from home but I do feel it is important to go out now and again.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 18:00:27

False, that's just social panic nonsense, those people don't exist.

*turns up console volume* *mooom, chips!*

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 18:35:39

i dont work. i let bitches pay me

im so horny but thats ok my will is good

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-02 21:57:45

They learn how to filter feed.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-03 14:56:26

The lazy people? Lol

I know these people even the ones who do work there is some of these people but there are people who chose not to work and they can but chose that path I suppose it's the easy way out I suppose

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-03 15:56:39

At 2/2/18 03:08 PM, Wegra wrote: No shit? Well congrats on that. And you got a family or just as an example

Yeah I know there are jobs you can work from home but I do feel it is important to go out now and again.

Actual family.

I will admit that I've considered picking up a menial job at Walmart or something just to get out of the house while still making some money. Kind of sounds weird but when you sit in front of a computer in silence for 3-8 hrs a day, up to 7 days a week, for several years, you get a little bored and lonely. And fat.

(>'-')>

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-04 16:21:31

At 2/2/18 10:01 AM, Wegra wrote: I'm not talking about the people who struggle to find work in this economy and want to work or cant because of disability I'm talking about the people who choose not to get a job and live with their parents or roommate or whatever and sit home all day.

I feel sorry for them. They don't know how much they are missing out to work what they could get and enjoy within their lives.

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 05:48:15

At 2/2/18 10:01 AM, Wegra wrote: I dunno I always wonder about how they get anywhere in life. With little money

They probably don't. Eventually reality's 'bound to catch up with them...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 05:55:10

At 2/2/18 02:26 PM, Zhon wrote: Funny story. You don't have to leave your house to make money. In fact, I was making enough money to fund my MMO addiction when I was a teen by selling 3D models on IMVU. Now I freelance from the comfort of wherever the fuck I want, and it makes me enough money to support a family of 4.

Still selling 3D models? Or other kinds of freelance work now? Seems like a pretty unique niche to get into first!

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 09:58:35

At 2/5/18 05:55 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/2/18 02:26 PM, Zhon wrote: Funny story. You don't have to leave your house to make money. In fact, I was making enough money to fund my MMO addiction when I was a teen by selling 3D models on IMVU. Now I freelance from the comfort of wherever the fuck I want, and it makes me enough money to support a family of 4.
Still selling 3D models? Or other kinds of freelance work now? Seems like a pretty unique niche to get into first!

Freelancing yes, selling models no. It's a super saturated market now and I didn't keep up the momentum when I had it. I mean, I was like 15.

(>'-')>

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 10:18:49

I wish I had gotten into freelancing earlier on in my life like an above poster did. I try now, and I'm either swamped out of the market due to so many people having my skillset, or I'm just at a loss with how to deal with the sheer number of scammers and/or clients who do not have English as a strong language.

I know the OP said not to "count" people who are actively looking for employment, but it's hard not to think oneself as a "scrounger" or, at worst, a complete waste of space when you read so much like this, whether it be a direct or indirect comment. In my case I try to laugh about it, but when you keeping facing failure and bearing the seemingly unwashable status of being "a person who doesn't work", you start thinking that there's something pathologically wrong with you. I try not to make a point of falling into the stereotype, but even then I'll sometimes say screw it and spend hours down the pub or on the Playstation just to try and "soothe my nerves", or some other justification.

tldr I'm weak and can't get a job due to being mildly cretinous.

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 10:21:45 (edited 2018-02-05 10:23:14)

At 2/5/18 09:58 AM, Zhon wrote: Freelancing yes, selling models no. It's a super saturated market now and I didn't keep up the momentum when I had it. I mean, I was like 15.

No better age to start a big business - a lot of the greats (AKA rich people) started early. :) I guess you didn't go straight from that to freelance though, if momentum lagged? Regular jobs in between?

Been thinking of going freelance a long time now, thinking... thinking it might be more work than it's worth... and concluding: willpower's lacking and as such I should probably seek out a field I'm so interested in that work wouldn't be seen as a downside anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 10:45:04

i got the easiest job on the planet

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 10:52:02

At 2/5/18 10:45 AM, nevermindnirvana wrote: i got the easiest job on the planet

...which job might that be?

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 11:19:17

At 2/5/18 10:52 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/5/18 10:45 AM, nevermindnirvana wrote: i got the easiest job on the planet
...which job might that be?

yelling at people and telling them that they suck in doing there job

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 12:05:19

Y'all should be talking about the people who live off of welfare and the government, but are perfectly capable of working. The people who still live with their parents and are currently unemployed aren't the criminals here. They're lucky as fuck, though.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 14:06:40

At 2/5/18 11:19 AM, nevermindnirvana wrote: yelling at people and telling them that they suck in doing there job

Like a boss. :P I mean literally.

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 14:09:04

At 2/5/18 02:06 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/5/18 11:19 AM, nevermindnirvana wrote: yelling at people and telling them that they suck in doing there job
Like a boss. :P I mean literally.

exactly. just living the hell out of it

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 14:37:11

Honestly, it depends on a lot of factors.

One thing have to look at, sometimes finding work isn't the problem, is finding a certain type of work or pay.
Seriously, where I live, Mcdonalds and walmart constantly hiring, however the pay vs the work sometimes isn't worth it.

On the flip side, I have a niece that doesn't work because she keeps getting fired from every job and to the point where no one will try due to her own fault.

On the other flip side, I've posed this question to regular people. What I mean regular people, it is someone who doesn't have a disability that stops them from working or standing or have a certain reason why they can't work.

What if there was a job that pays around 40 to 60k a year. Benefits, sick leave, retirement, can work over time, you know, the whole thing. However, the job is something that a typical person won't do. Such a person who cleans filthy, dirty, shit covered porta pottys all day. I'm not taking about the outside, I mean getting a hazard suit and getting down to business type shitty.

Some people literally said no they wouldn't because it's nasty. With that mind set, turning down a job because of something like is something I can't get behind. If i'm unemployed, I'm taking the first opportunity that presents it self. I don't mind cleaning floors or picking up trash.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 14:58:29

At 2/5/18 02:37 PM, kidray76 wrote: I don't mind cleaning floors or picking up trash.

Too bad these jobs don't pay a living wage.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 15:13:04

At 2/5/18 02:58 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 2/5/18 02:37 PM, kidray76 wrote: I don't mind cleaning floors or picking up trash.
Too bad these jobs don't pay a living wage.

Depends on the job. I have a friend who's a janitor but also a supervisor as well. He tells people what to do but also cleans up himself.

Also, have a friend who has a private cleaning service and does contract work with the mall, hospital and other locations. All he does clean up after people but the money is right.

However funk, you may be right for instance like a high school janitor.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to People who dont work 2018-02-05 17:01:16

At 2/5/18 12:05 PM, Big-Boss wrote: Y'all should be talking about the people who live off of welfare and the government, but are perfectly capable of working. The people who still live with their parents and are currently unemployed aren't the criminals here. They're lucky as fuck, though.

Thats exactly who I'm talking about

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature