00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doing a video diary series

1,941 Views | 57 Replies

Doing a video diary series 2018-02-02 01:24:36

Hey guys I have an idea. I was thinking of maybe doing like a weekly or daily blog series on YouTube. Considering how popular people just talking into the camera can be, I was thinking maybe I could do something like that.

As some of y'all probably know, I'm a musician and upload music regularly here. So maybe I can do some beginner guitar lessons, as if there aren't enough of those already. Otherwise sort of like a video Journal of what ever interesting happens in my day and order to keep track of my music happenings.

What do you guys think? I think it will either floop, or maybe gain a small following. Maybe I can make an insignificant amount of YouTube money off of it. What do y'all think? Thanks for reading.

I've been a member WAY too long... but now I write classical music! Check me out! k thx bye ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-02 03:00:01

At 2/2/18 02:03 AM, Hoodie wrote: I think that if you don't kill yourself at the end I would of felt like I wasted my time so please spoil the ending now.

...and they all lived happily ever after:)

I've been a member WAY too long... but now I write classical music! Check me out! k thx bye ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-02 08:08:07

At 2/2/18 03:42 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:
At 2/2/18 02:03 AM, Hoodie wrote: I think that if you don't kill yourself at the end I would of felt like I wasted my time so please spoil the ending now.
You mean like Jewario?
http://youtube.wikia.com/wiki/JewWario
Some people are making fun of him blaming the PS Vita for his death...

whoa. Seriously insert a Crash Bandicoot there cuz that is intense. No not like Jew are you. My Sirius will be much more somber and boring. As a matter of fact, I'll try making an episode today. I think the V log will be done by the end of the day. The guitar lesson I think I'll do this morning.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-02 14:58:12

At 2/2/18 01:25 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: Just let me know when you get to the one where film a dead body.

Watch this video, that way you can volunteer to become the dead body :) I say igsnay on the guitar lessons, I just realized I'm a horrible teacher. I'll do a VLOG and a 10min. music writing show.

BBS Signature

At 2/2/18 02:58 PM, Tyguy80s wrote:
At 2/2/18 01:25 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: Just let me know when you get to the one where film a dead body.

BTW I actually did it. Here's my first episode of the Vlog. I'll update there daily. Not sure if I want to involve NG forums on this too. Maybe just post the new episodes here? What do y'all think? Thanks for reading.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-03 14:49:04

2nd episode of Music Writing Fun-Time!. My phone (my camera) crapped out on me during my morning bike ride, so no VLOG today I don't think, but I will try to vlog again tomorrow. It's official, @Troisnyx and I will trying to collab on the current concerto project.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-04 12:57:21

Today's installment of Music-Writing Fun Time and Vlog!

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-04 13:51:52

You gotta have interesting personality or show interesting things to do this.

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-05 20:29:55

At 2/4/18 01:51 PM, Makakaov wrote: You gotta have interesting personality or show interesting things to do this.

My vlogs are set to private right now, won't share today's episode until a later date but I do have music writing fun time and I do respond to some feedback and an article.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-05 20:54:00

Vlogs are back up here's the latest episode. I visit some nature trails for added interest.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-06 19:06:25

Day 5: Music-Writing Fun Time, a comedy skit with my dog, and another vlog. The vlog's ten minutes shorter than the last episode. BTW I'm pretty close to finishing my latest song. I'll link it here probably in an hour or tomorrow approx 7-8pm US EST

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-07 07:02:05

At 2/2/18 01:24 AM, Tyguy80s wrote: Maybe I can make an insignificant amount of YouTube money off of it.

Difficult since they added that 1000 subscriber limit on monetization.... but if you do gain momentum all is possible! Seems interesting.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-07 08:46:32

You know what.

Follow your dreams kiddo.

YOU CAN DO IT!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-07 09:31:15

Very much like how being a professional musician = five-seven years of living in the backseat of your car and getting bar gigs for pennies every night. If my goal was to make money off this someday, I'll have to put some serious time into it before I can see anything coming of this newfound hobby. If "Who Killed Captain Alex?" has taught me anything, all it takes is the will and the way.

BTW The latest music's out! Today's episode will be about the @Troisnyx collab song. Also, I'll find a way to cut time off the vlogs. I don't mind so much making longer videos, but the part where I use a laptop and it's takes forever to process and edit them. I also want to write music, practice playing clarinet (to be a better musician), and have time for necessary chores too.

That being said, the reason for the videos is more-or-less something for my adoring 21 NG + 25 YT fans to update with in between songs. As the old saying goes. there's a niche for everything ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-07 19:16:31

Another installment! Admittedly, this vlog's more somber than usual. The music fun time's different though, since I've finished the appasionata and am ready for the finale song.

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-09 22:22:14

One week going sttrong. Well, as strong as 200ish views in a week can be. Vlog is a grass trail walk thing and music writing fun time is a breakthrough in getting out of a rut. There's also this...

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-10 20:55:11

Daily dose. Vlog and Music Writing Fun Time. I found today's installment very lackluster, even for me. The song got some good progress, so proud of that but the vlog's sorta hollow in terms of content. A lot of footage got cut due to the wind ruining the audio. Oh well, tomorrow's episode'll definitely be better!

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-11 19:56:40

Today's episode are much more interesting. Vlog, where I discuss an article I read about becoming a professional musician, a Music-Writing Fun Time! Also a pet appreciation video.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-12 22:07:11

This addition yields a shorter vlog and music writing fun time again! The song concept's finished since this episode so I'll actually have to figure out what to feature in the next episode, since the remaining concerto progress partly relies collaboration. I'm hoping to do a brief comedy skit and do a comment response video soon too.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-13 17:14:57

@TheQuietGamer Hey I found the dead body. It's at the end of today's vlog post. A lot of riffing on an anime I watched long time ago and the music of Antoin Dvořák I also completed the song concept and am awaiting the collaborator's response. In the meantime I take a look at an earlier movement from the concerto project that I believe I've exasperated. I EARNED ONE SUBSCRIBER LAST NIGHT! WOOP!.

BBS Signature

As long as you don't go full Bjorkstalker at the end, I'd say go for it

edit: damn I really need to look at the whole thread before posting. Oh well, my point still stands

At 2/13/18 05:25 PM, FloorAesthetics wrote: As long as you don't go full Bjorkstalker at the end, I'd say go for it

edit: damn I really need to look at the whole thread before posting. Oh well, my point still stands

Nah, I'm too occupied with music :) Oh silly me, here's the vlog post I forgot to link it.

BBS Signature

Too many videos to report today. First of all HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!.

I read a lot of feedback here on NG and on YT. Sorta found myself in a pickle in today's Music-Writing Fun Time. Lastly, today's bike riding vlog I talk about James Galway, the virtuoso flute player.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-15 16:17:41

Latest episodes! So, washed up my topics due to the four videos uploaded yesterday, so today's more somber. My Mom decide to parade stuffed animals around me which was heart warming to say the least. I got a comment on my latest bike riding vlog.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-16 00:31:31

At 2/15/18 04:17 PM, Tyguy80s wrote: Latest episodes! So, washed up my topics due to the four videos uploaded yesterday, so today's more somber. My Mom decide to parade stuffed animals around me which was heart warming to say the least. I got a comment on my latest bike riding vlog.

I don't mean any disrespect, but isn't this more suitable to your NG page?

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-16 01:20:44

At 2/16/18 12:31 AM, CiviLies wrote:
At 2/15/18 04:17 PM, Tyguy80s wrote: Latest episodes! So, washed up my topics due to the four videos uploaded yesterday, so today's more somber. My Mom decide to parade stuffed animals around me which was heart warming to say the least. I got a comment on my latest bike riding vlog.
I don't mean any disrespect, but isn't this more suitable to your NG page?

None taken CivilLies. Honestly, I mentioned latest episodes probably more or less just to respond to the initial responders like the quiet gamer and MP plan official. Having been on other forums in the past I know that daily threads are usually appropriate, however if the majority on NG feels that this thread is unsolicited in any way I could cancel it. I suppose i can advertise my musoc some other way and be on with my merry self.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-16 14:52:10

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a video diary series 2018-02-17 15:51:43

Today's installments were sorta somber. Music-Writing Fun Time's lackluster until this collaboration phase is finished. It takes time, nothing wrong with that. The Vlog's the same because I had a busy morning and was at a loss for topics to discuss. Tomorrow'll definitely be better, and I'll do a responding to comments vid soon as well, since I've gotten quite a few responses recently.

BBS Signature

Today, I work on a piccolo solo for a change of pace! Also, I mention goal setting while walking along a grassy path. Tomorrow, maybe something like how staying physically fit helps with your music writing!

BBS Signature