00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art by frosty

286 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

just where I'll post my art!

Art by frosty

Response to Art by frosty 2018-01-24 20:27:27

Please comment and give polite constructive criticism!

Art by frosty

Response to Art by frosty 2018-01-24 20:29:33

I can already see all of my mistakes, so if you feel the need to point them out, at least suggest how to fix them

Art by frosty

Response to Art by frosty 2018-01-24 20:31:37

Please go to my account and vote for them too!

Art by frosty

Response to Art by frosty 2018-01-24 20:35:07

Feel free to comment here or, preferably, on the uploads themselves

Art by frosty

Response to Art by frosty 2018-01-24 21:43:40 (edited 2018-01-24 21:45:40)

At 1/24/18 08:29 PM, frostykitty wrote: I can already see all of my mistakes, so if you feel the need to point them out, at least suggest how to fix them

I'll do the best I can. I'm still trying to push past my lesser coloring skills, so this is good practice for me too

1. The dress is way too bright. I'm not a fan of the gradient either: they look too flat most of the time. A remedy for this would be contemplating a color palate that works around your light in the entire drawing.

2. I do not like the lipstick shade. It stands out way too much as opposed to the warm-palette reds in the pic. Change the lips to a warmer looking shade of blue, or a colder looking shade of red.

3. I don't like the bright stuff on her wings. I feel that if you had spent time outlining and shading in the wing bones instead it would be better. If you are determined to have it, try to make it more veiny or hieroglyphic instead; it looks more like artificial wings rather than demon wings.

4.Proportionally its fairly ok, sans some definitive refinement issues. (The general flatness and unfluid pose- particularly around the limbs.) However you would benefit greatly from attempting more dynamic figure drawing.

Take it from me lad and/or lass. I spent years doing the same 3/4s pose and I pay the price to this day.

My suggestion to you is never stick to a piece of work stubbornly. You know what I mean, spending an hour trying something. Realizing something is wrong, then spending an hour making slight edits. Then spending an hour undoing the edits. Then making different edits.

9/10 times its because the foundation itself is off, not any minor detail. You will improve more and save time just starting over.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Art by frosty 2018-01-25 18:14:09

Uou have some really nice work I especially like all the lighting effects and stuff keep it up and keep being creative

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Art by frosty 2018-01-26 17:40:14

At 1/24/18 09:43 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 1/24/18 08:29 PM, frostykitty wrote: I can already see all of my mistakes, so if you feel the need to point them out, at least suggest how to fix them
I'll do the best I can. I'm still trying to push past my lesser coloring skills, so this is good practice for me too

thanks!
I was going for some bright colors and contrast for her design, I wanted to make her stand out. And yes, I did intend to use some colors that are a bit of an eyesore. As for the lines on the wings, it was meant to be streams of lava, but I was running out of time to finish the drawing, so it got a little crappily done. And I mean quite crappily done.

Response to Art by frosty 2018-01-26 17:41:28

At 1/25/18 06:14 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Uou have some really nice work I especially like all the lighting effects and stuff keep it up and keep being creative

~X~

Thank you! <3