00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JSkell95 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lots of Cool Games to Check Out

10,208 Views | 31 Replies
Respond to this Topic

A lot of cool stuff comes from the community here on Newgrounds; here are some recent highlights:

Super Meat Boy is now available on the Switch. SMB was originally made by Edmund McMillen aka @BlueBaby and Tommy Refenes aka @Tommunism, who met right here on NG.

Full Metal Furies releases today on Steam and Xbox One! It's by @CellarDoorGames, who also made Rogue Legacy and a bunch of cool games here on NG.

@TheEnkian has released Ender Story: Chapter 1 on Steam! This is a premium version of the web release from two years ago, with added content.

Yeah Jam Fury released on Steam last month, you can play the original here on NG!

Death Squared is now on Switch! It's by @SoapCreative and features the voice talent of @RicePirate.

The Iconoclasts is coming to Steam and PS4 on Tuesday, January 23rd. Creator Joakim "Konjak" Sandberg has created an NG skin that we'll be sporting on Pixel Day, which happens to be the same date.

I'm really hoping Pixel Day brings a lot of fresh faces to NG and I want everyone to feel welcome to join in. If you have friends who create pixel art, animation, chiptunes or pixel games, please nudge them to upload something on Pixel Day! Even if it's something they already made but never showcased here. PICO-8 devs, this is a great opportunity for you to jump in too!

If you miss Pixel Day and want to make something, the Global Game Jam is next weekend, January 26-28th.

Creative but struggle with procrastination? This the War of Art podcast by @BenjaminTibbetts is a good one for you.

NG Business

We've been pushing our Tank Pins harder this month as an alternative to some of the traditional third party ads on the site. Our biggest boost came from @Sabtastic, who showed off her pin on Twitter and Facebook! Check out her Bird Blob merch, she even has one that looks like @JohnnyUtah.

If we can move enough merch and gain enough Supporters, maybe NG won't have to run third party ads ever again. Even better, we could build a rev share system that doesn't depend on the demands of advertisers. One can dream, right?

Next up, game and movie pages are moving to our updated layout and new user pages should launch shortly after Pixel Day. We also have upcoming site skins by @Shamfooo, @LemKuuja and @Ephyse, so expect lots of eye candy to compliment the ongoing evolution of NG!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 13:20:21

Super Meat Boy is now available on the Switch. SMB was originally made by Edmund McMillen aka @BlueBaby and Tommy Refenes aka @Tommunism, who met right here on NG

Super Meat Boy is on the switch, *Rushes over to GameStop to buy it. I did not know the creators of Super Meat Boy met on Newgrounds.. must be an honor for you Tom!

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 13:27:03

hell yeah!

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 14:38:15

The anticipation for the new user pages are killing me! Glad they're coming sooner than we think!

I really don't know what to put on here.

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 14:44:32

heheheh, I have more NG fans than Tommy Refenes. I feel so famous

Pixel Day is gonna be baller as hell, I got some spicy stuff cookin up and I'm looking forward to other peoples good pixel related things as well!

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 15:23:06

Awesome! This just proves that newgrounds is so much more important than some people give it credit for being. Just look at all these people and games who used NG as a sort of jumping board. You've got Edmund Macmillen, one of the most famous indie game devs ever, the super flash bros, who work for nintendo now. All of these incredible people got their starts on newgrounds. I actually kinda like the way newgrounds is a sort of underdog pioneer of the internet, if that makes sense. Not always recognized, and yet so important, newgrounds is a community where people who really understand what's great about the internet reside. I may be new, but I can respect the rich history of this website. I love you, Tom and staff. Keep up the good work!!

P.S. Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! New user pages!

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 19:14:55

Such cool stuff. Definitely 'gonna have to pick up a Tank pin. I'm all about pins.

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 19:38:02

Did I mention how great the NG tank pins are tho?? I just wanna make sure you guys know.

We've been pushing our Tank Pins harder this month as an alternative to some of the traditional third party ads on the site. Our biggest boost came from @Sabtastic, who showed off her pin on Twitter and Facebook! Check out her Bird Blob merch, she even has one that looks like @JohnnyUtah.

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 20:33:14

That Pico8 looks seriously neat!
anyone making games with this?

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 20:33:53

Aw heck yeah!
I hope somehow I can manage to get my own game on Switch, it's no Meat Boy, but Newgrounds inspiration runs through its veins!

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 20:57:34

far out groovy

hey @Tomfulp Youtube just announced its new Monetization Policy channels will need to have 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time within the last year to be eligible for receiving ad revenue. Previously, uploaders needed just 10,000 total views to run ads on their videos. Add their decision last year making monetization on WATCH TIME instead of VIEWS, and with what the video says its going to kill animators and any potential artists.

I see opportunity for NG on this if we can capitalize on this and do proper PR. I also just got my 2018 Supporter Upgrade too!

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 23:26:08

Seems like totally cool games to check out...

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-17 23:37:57

At 1/17/18 01:20 PM, PancakePocket wrote:
Super Meat Boy is now available on the Switch. SMB was originally made by Edmund McMillen aka @BlueBaby and Tommy Refenes aka @Tommunism, who met right here on NG
Super Meat Boy is on the switch, *Rushes over to GameStop to buy it. I did not know the creators of Super Meat Boy met on Newgrounds.. must be an honor for you Tom!

I knew it was a Tom, but didnt think it was Tommunism.

Is there any chance he's still working on Super Jesus Fighter II? haha

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-18 06:37:58

Glad to see tom and staff always pushing great ideas, even after 17 years on the site its great to see the success of a website I sorta grew up with well internet wise anyways nice work.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-18 08:10:04

At 1/17/18 08:33 PM, MindChamber wrote: That Pico8 looks seriously neat!

I should hunt down and tag more of them but here are some:

https://www.newgrounds.com/games/browse/tag/pico-8/sort/score

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-18 15:11:02

Thanks for the Ender Story shout out, Tom!

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-19 02:37:33

Woo good to see a lot of new games :)

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-19 04:17:40

What happened to the OpenAI project? Why are we still asked to participate in it?

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-19 10:29:27

At 1/19/18 04:17 AM, PompiPompi wrote: What happened to the OpenAI project? Why are we still asked to participate in it?

I'm checking in to see if they are still making use of incoming games. The OpenAI integration was used to help launch Universe but I'm not sure how active / successful that project is more than a year later.

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-19 11:19:07

Really keeping an eye on a lot of projects there! Good stuff, and that War of Art podcast really does seem to be something for me, I'ma just bookmark it and maybe listen, in a while... later...

Someday that dream will become realiTV! Looking forward to seeing the vision become reality! And those profile changes.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-19 14:41:11

Important: what % (or $ amt) does NG get whenever we buy a pin? Asking for Reasons.

(>'-')>

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-19 17:03:11

At 1/19/18 02:41 PM, Zhon wrote: Important: what % (or $ amt) does NG get whenever we buy a pin? Asking for Reasons.

Once the initial production costs are covered, we get $4.45 (production costs have been covered for this batch of 1000). In an ideal world we would move 1000 pins every month. :3

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-19 19:39:16

At 1/18/18 08:10 AM, TomFulp wrote:

somewhat related, is the thing where devs can categorize what engine/framework/language they used still happening? rather than using tags and stuff?

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-20 01:44:15

At 1/19/18 05:03 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/19/18 02:41 PM, Zhon wrote: Important: what % (or $ amt) does NG get whenever we buy a pin? Asking for Reasons.
Once the initial production costs are covered, we get $4.45 (production costs have been covered for this batch of 1000). In an ideal world we would move 1000 pins every month. :3

Hmm. This is good news. Wasn't sure if I wanted to renew supporter or buy a pin next month. Pin sounds smexier.

(>'-')>

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-20 08:00:04

At 1/19/18 07:39 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: somewhat related, is the thing where devs can categorize what engine/framework/language they used still happening? rather than using tags and stuff?

Still intended, I'd really like that to launch this year.

BBS Signature

I'm adding Full Metal Furies to my wishlist right now so I can pretend I waited for the price to drop when I purchase it later today.

I got two friends on steam. If someone sees this, add me so I can pokedex & store you on my computer.

Steam SN: quarlmusic

quarl BandCamp

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-20 22:20:29

@Celx-Requin over here's been silent but wanted to pop in on this threat since he's still working on that Bad Taste game.

Havn't played super meat boy in so long, lots of cool titles coming out best of luck to everyone here makign games. Celx could use support there's been a lot behind the scenes with his game.

Hope everyone has a safe night!

Buy my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077 (also available for other countries too, thks ILU <3 )

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-21 19:05:48

they feel incredibly smooth, and the tools feel more like a mod editor, which is a plus for beginners, what about Voxatron are those games considered pixel games?

Response to Lots of Cool Games to Check Out 2018-01-22 10:21:08

At 1/21/18 07:05 PM, MindChamber wrote:

they feel incredibly smooth, and the tools feel more like a mod editor, which is a plus for beginners, what about Voxatron are those games considered pixel games?

I guess Voxatron is technically voxels, 3D pixels, although they would still be fun to have around on Pixel Day. Hard to say what the official stance there should be in terms of prizes though.

BBS Signature