00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 165 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Looking for game crew to collab

691 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm looking for a coder, musician, marketer/accountant! Hi, I would like you to join me in kickstarting a new game I have been wanting to make for decades. Detailed information of the game is bellow.

Over the years, I have grown up playing many fun games from simple 2d platform shooters to games with a more, sensitive look. This game is a combo of 4 different games. It will have hints and some elements from the games bellow. I aim for it to be as cartoony and as fun as Castle Crashers, but without too many identical assets (I don't want to make a game that will get the title 'RIPOFF' as for I don't own Castle Crashers). It will have similar traits and art style, but different asset designs and story, and other things, god be willing.

> Castle Crashers (Physics/Gameplay & Graphics)
> Shantae (Dialogue and character personalities)
> Metal Slug/CUPHEAD (Run and Gun aspect & Bosses)
> Warface & ArmA 2 (Storyline & Factions)

Please look these games up if you don't know what they are.

If you are an experienced coder, or know enough coding to make Castle Crasher physics and such, be my guest! I don't need portfolio work, just you being able to program effectively. This goes for AI/NPCs too

If you know how to market, please feel free to reply to my NG post! If you know how to make groovy tracks for events in the game, reply too!

I for one, as an artist, will be doing the art and animations. I expect the coder to make my animations work in twine with the inputs. I expect the musician to make catchy music, and possibly sound effects. The marketer I expect, must collab with us to advertise and sell our product on the appropriate platform (PC/MAC, XBOX, PS) and community.

What I expect:

> (coder) Be able to code efficiently using any coding program that can be used with Unity.
> (musician) Be able to make groovy and catchy music, based on game theme and events, as well as sounds.
> (marketer) Be able to market the product or provide advise, or set up a market campaign for the product as well as a Kickstarter campaign.

If I think of any other things, I'll update.

Musician: You will choose what type of music theme to apply. You must administer the music tone and sound volumes. The audio must not be choppy. Your pay will be based on how much popularity your tracks gain. If they get people talking about your tracks in our game, that means the like what they hear while they play, so more potential sales, thus higher pay! Further details arise, standby on our Discord. I need a portfolio of your work for this position.

Coder: You will be in charge of making sure the game runs smoothly, and assess any glitches, mishaps, or whatnot. You will be responsible for moderating the game physics, as to make sure the gamer does not blow out due to difficulty of controls or character movement. Your pay will be given based on time and complexity of your coding. You must also be able to code NPC characters and their dialogues, as well as animations. If anything arises, I'll inform you through our Discord. You don't need a portfolio of your work for this position, but if you do, feel free to share!

Marketer: You will be in charge of picking markets and platforms to sell our game on. Your efficiency at marketing our product, as well as advertising it, etc. will up your pay. In a nutshell, the more sales you bring us, the higher the pay, because the higher the income. So make sure you work with me as an artist, and the musician when it comes to advertising our game. Talk to the coder to establish a market platform (Xbox, Computer, PS, etc.). Further details arise, standby on our Discord. You don't need a portfolio of your work for this position, but if you do, feel free to share!

You will be responsible for copyrighting our game and content, if uploading to Steam Market or whatnot doesn't do it.

Musician, your work must be copyrighted individually if you plan to market your tracks outside of the game. All of MY assets will be inside the game, so I don't have to worry about individual copyrighting. The copyright of the game will also include my things, since none of the assets I have are marketed individually.

Musician, if you want to use your copyright music in our game, then please say so. Doing this, you hereby grant me and my crew to use your music, with your permission. When copyrighting, your music will be seperate from the game, because it's your personal track(s).

Requirements for Hire:

> (musician) I care about the product quality in general and individually. If you have a medium or big following on social media or New Grounds, or a great portfolio, you will be accepted nonetheless. I recommend a NG portfolio.

Please state your social media profile, so that I can take a look. :)

> (everyone) Passive, optimistic, and chill attitude. You have my promise on the pay. I'm a fair man, and of my words. If you do not want to be paid, simply say so. If you don't want pay, then in return you will be credited and mentioned a lot, and given a higher position in the chain of command. Hopefully people will check you out.

> (everyone) Must speak English, and I highly recommend you to be from America, just so our hours match. Moreover, must be willing to cooperate as a team, in getting things done. We are all facing challenges in our life, me also because I am juggling between college and recreational activities. This being one, actually.

> (everyone) Must be over the age of 18. I am 20, and pursuing this career. This game is in no hurry, so take your time. I don't want to rush a game, then go through hell redoing critical aspects. One product, one patch, one flawless game.

> (everyone) Must have a Discord and some kind of bank account for me to deposit your moneys. No bank account? Open a PayPal. If you do not want to own any sort of banking program, you will not get a pay nor be hired. If you are volunteering, don't worry about this. I don't mail checks or cash. All payments are eDeposits. I do not USE BitCoin, or other payment method. Only PayPal and direct deposit into your bank account.

> (everyone) Must be on Discord when working on our game assets, like code scripts, artwork, etc.

> (everyone) Must be chatty and willing to communicate between other crew members and community members (future).

If anything else comes up, refer to my Discord channel.

If you have any questions, simply reply or join the Discord. (Link at end)

REMEMBER THIS: We all have real life things to do. This game is in no rush to be made. Look at Undertale for an example. He worked on his game, alone, and took him nearly 10 years to make. Same goes with Castle Crashers. Only 2 people worked on it.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/b7RDhPm

For further information and to talk in general, please hop on that discord. When you do, please say something short and sweet about yourself. :)

Thank you very much, and I hope our work as a team of 4 or 2 will not go unnoticed. I look forward to working with like minded people! Try and save money on whatever we can!

- American Snek (aka Afterburner Cartoons)

P.S. Add me on Steam if you want! I change my name every 2 months or so. Steam name is: Madus-a

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-01-16 10:20:25

Hmm, seems like you have an idea and you want to go through that. I like it!

I will be sending you a PM about joining as a musician

SpotifyYouTubeDiscordBandcampTwitterFacebook

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-01-16 19:30:25

Still looking for crew members. This ship won't sail without a full crew.

Still needed:

> Coder
> Marketer
> Discord Moderators

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-01-17 12:40:23

A story writer would be nice too. Don't be scared to message me.

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-01-17 13:31:35

Coder, Game engine may vary. Im trying out different engines. :)

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-01-24 13:43:01

I may be too late, but if you're still looking for a composer/sound designer/audio engineer, I'm currently available. Below are some tracks I've produced:

MORE? https://xayberoptix.newgrounds.com/audio/

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-02-02 14:46:58

still need coder

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-02-03 06:46:50

At 2/2/18 02:46 PM, AfterburnerCartoons wrote: still need coder

I am experienced in unity3d and godot engine (as well as my own in house game engine) but sadly not from US.

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-02-04 01:23:08

will you be able to be online during these hours to participate in the discussions??

10:00am PST - 8:00pm PST?

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-02-04 21:59:01

We are still looking for a coder.

Please note, if you have any questions, join this discord.

https://discord.gg/uzDZ6Yz

Thank you. That main post has changed a bit.

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-02-05 04:19:13

At 2/4/18 01:23 AM, AfterburnerCartoons wrote: will you be able to be online during these hours to participate in the discussions??

Nope.

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2018-02-06 19:54:28

At 2/5/18 04:19 AM, 101111 wrote:
At 2/4/18 01:23 AM, AfterburnerCartoons wrote: will you be able to be online during these hours to participate in the discussions??

Nope.

then sorry buddy, I cant accept you, as much as I want to.

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2019-02-11 16:15:29

At 2/2/18 02:46 PM, AfterburnerCartoons wrote: still need coder

What are requirements for the coder

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2019-02-11 17:26:36

At 2/4/18 09:59 PM, AfterburnerCartoons wrote: We are still looking for a coder.

Please note, if you have any questions, join this discord.

https://discord.gg/uzDZ6Yz

Thank you. That main post has changed a bit.

Still needing a coder and I read your post about volunteers On your game will you accept someone looking for a way to expand there knowledge??

Response to Looking for game crew to collab 2019-02-14 00:33:41

Still looking for a coder? I have a couple years with unreal engine basically doing the exact stuff you need done. I was looking for an artist and sound guy myself when I came across this. I am U.S. east coast and available pretty much all hours. Discord link is dead. Put a new link up for discord I'd like to talk more if you are interested.