00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Replacing forests with technology

435 Views | 8 Replies

I know it may sound like something a super villain would do...

But I honestly propose that we cease this charade we call conservation biology and accept the fact that we are destined to deplete this rock of non-renewable resources and move on to the next rock in the cosmos sooner or later.

Who honestly gives a fuck about the rainforests and nature if we can find a smarter more efficient way to clean the earth's water, air and atmosphere ?

If you had a choice of A or B, and B was 50x more efficient than A, no strings attatched... which would you choose?

Now I'll ask you again...
If you could replace 100 miles of rainforest with 100 miles of industry/technology that performs the same tasks 50x more efficiently... which would yo choose?

Stop fighting it.

Lets embrace what we are.

Replacing forests with technology

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Replacing forests with technology 2018-01-05 21:39:33

At 1/5/18 09:36 PM, Sekhem wrote: technology can't really replace a natural biome, though

there's tons of things that depend on ecosystems being in balance that tech can't accomplish right now

you should look up things like trophic cascades, diminishing water tables, and other negative impacts of something like this

it would be really disastrous

I haven't heard of either of these things.

...but I'm sure technology has answer for it all.

brb research

BBS Signature

Response to Replacing forests with technology 2018-01-05 21:43:50

That would be some nifty shit to offset part of the effects of deforestation and head off pollution right where it starts though. Put those sumbiches on top of urban structures instead of growing little gardens. You may lose the reduction of thermal energy, but it seems like a better trade, and requires no further development of land.

And also... Where there's technology, there's room for error. Have you watched any sci-fi lately?

(>'-')>

Response to Replacing forests with technology 2018-01-05 21:48:20

At 1/5/18 09:39 PM, Raab wrote:
At 1/5/18 09:36 PM, Sekhem wrote: technology can't really replace a natural biome, though

there's tons of things that depend on ecosystems being in balance that tech can't accomplish right now

you should look up things like trophic cascades, diminishing water tables, and other negative impacts of something like this

it would be really disastrous
I haven't heard of either of these things.

...but I'm sure technology has answer for it all.

brb research

ok so trophic cascdes.... I'm very familiar with.... but never heard that terminology...

...anyway... not a problem when we just delete the ecosystems entirely.

The whole reason why I'm against conservation biology to begin with is the fact that nature as we know it has already ceased to exist once we begin to monitor, preserve, and modify ecosystems.

A forest preserve is essentially just a large scale zoo.

There is no nature there.... not while man is behind the curtain maintaining the facade.

Just drop it entirely... we consume so many resources pretending to "preserve" what we have already destroyed... its simply not ideal by any means.

Now as for diminishing water tables... as far as i can tell... deforestation does not cause a diminishing water table.

There are natural disasters associated with deforestation, such as landslides, etc.... but deforestation isn't tied into the water table, at least not in a way i can see.

BBS Signature

Response to Replacing forests with technology 2018-01-06 00:05:51

Before making this proposal, the first thing you should have in mind is how forests sustain life and whether it is possible to substitute the function of forests with technology.

The background information is plants absorb CO2 and sunlight during the day and converts it into various organic substances with more energy than CO2 (for example glucose) by photosynthesis. Carbon is the main ingredient but other elements, such as nitrogen, are also needed. Animals feed on these organic matters to sustain life.

To replace forests completely, at a minimum, you need to reproduce photosynthesis artificially.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Replacing forests with technology 2018-01-06 05:12:33

Easier yet to replace humans.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Replacing forests with technology 2018-01-06 07:03:43

I think preservation is more important than ruining forests for technology. There are plenty reasons not to tear down habitats like animals and plants and mushrooms and shit try to exist without being disturbed you know.

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature

Response to Replacing forests with technology 2018-01-06 11:01:41

Once that's done we can use technology to replace those pesky humans, seriously who really need these infestations anyway?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Replacing forests with technology 2018-01-06 15:37:47

On a scale of "smoked a joint" to "snorted and shot up every ingestible and injectable drug known to man all at once" exactly how high were you when you decided to make this thread?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here