00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM!

41,987 Views | 576 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This is my mid-way point for the challenge. This is my first piece of digital art, so I would really appreciate feedback on what I should do better

Here's my midway, I accidentally uploaded twice, and I'm not sure how to delete a post so.....

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-15 12:53:40

This is my first time entering a Jazza competition and I’m super excited. This is my work in progress shot, I’m hoping to add more shading and details within the characters and I’m definitely looking forward to tackling the background and coming up with a cool color scheme. I’m coloring this using the Procreate App on my iPad mini. I haven’t done a ton of digital work so coloring this image is some really great practice.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-15 13:43:05

My progress pic

sorry for one more post, something did go wrong the first time and the picture got lost, here is a link https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/3c68a2218e55142611011debe3b9a420

https://www.instagram.com/tomdrake5570/

the link above is my mid way through the piece; on there there is also my final piece

I added the colours traditionally because i thought they would convey extreme loss then I took a picture on my phone and edited it.

#colorofloss

Almost done...I think. Please critique and let me know what you think.

At 1/15/18 09:34 AM, Saganowski wrote:
My entry for "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM (Challenge of the Month)
That s not how you submit your piece...

Oh really? Jazza said it can be Traditional color medium as the Color- Challenge of the Month. He said so in his YouTube video announcement.

How please, explain to the class about How to enter the contest.

I entered by clicking the Tab at Top Submit Your Creations!
and did all the correct tags and gave a link to my WIP but please explain your rant?

Here's my enter bub. https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/daleweber/color-of-loss

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-16 06:49:12

At 1/15/18 08:09 PM, spiralmemory wrote: Almost done...I think. Please critique and let me know what you think.

I’d be happy to, link or upload the pic?

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-16 11:49:38

this is my wip and my first time entering.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-16 13:40:43

At 1/16/18 12:16 AM, DaleWeber wrote:
At 1/15/18 09:34 AM, Saganowski wrote:
My entry for "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM (Challenge of the Month)
That s not how you submit your piece...
Oh really? Jazza said it can be Traditional color medium as the Color- Challenge of the Month. He said so in his YouTube video announcement.

How please, explain to the class about How to enter the contest.

I entered by clicking the Tab at Top Submit Your Creations!
and did all the correct tags and gave a link to my WIP but please explain your rant?

Here's my enter bub. https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/daleweber/color-of-loss

Dude they probably just thought you only posted your entry in this forum which wouldn't be how you enter. They probably didn't know you also posted it in the art portal :/

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-16 14:21:25

after lots of fiddling around with it, tuning here and there i finally uploaded it. here is my final piece.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-16 14:45:41

The WIP for my entry. got the rough colour palette laid out already. Just went with what I felt was right. I hope it's ok, but i took some of my own reference photos of clouds and laid them over the background to add some texture to the clouds in the background.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-16 16:28:40

I can't decide which I like more... With lineart or without? Btw I already submitted but jest started adjusting again :p

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-16 17:41:31

Almost done! Time to focus on the lady and then some finishing touches!

P.S. My computer and Krita absolutely hate me for having such a big file

So This Is what I have done so far. Hope I can finish in time.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-17 10:34:44

I already tried something digital but I am simply way more comfortable when working traditionally .
And I have a question a friend told me to enter beginner but I think it would be unfair to others. So what do you guys think.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-17 12:58:12

Another Wip !

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-17 13:00:35

At 1/17/18 12:58 PM, 1konekottochan wrote: Another Wip !

I'm adding a few more effects to make it more "dramatic"

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-17 13:04:09

At 1/17/18 01:00 PM, 1konekottochan wrote:
At 1/17/18 12:58 PM, 1konekottochan wrote: Another Wip !
I'm adding a few more effects to make it more "dramatic"

(reposting what I did yesterday)That escalated quickly! XD Any thoughts?

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-17 13:21:31

At 1/17/18 10:34 AM, Just-A-Cookie wrote: I already tried something digital but I am simply way more comfortable when working traditionally .
And I have a question a friend told me to enter beginner but I think it would be unfair to others. So what do you guys think.

I think, since you said 'you are way more comfortable' traditionally, that you are experienced enough to enter the open category. Like Jazza said, 'beginner category is for people who are very young or very new to art' and I don't think you are either :) Nice work so far!

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-18 06:51:17

At 1/17/18 04:37 PM, nachtspringer wrote: unfortunately my printers ink smudges when i tried coloring a test sheet with my markers. so to avoid the smudging I had to print the lineart on a separate sheet of paper and taped it with my marker-paper onto the table, I'll have to put the lineart image digitally on top of my final scan and resize until it fits (I already tried this with a work in progress scan and it seems to work well, thankfully)

do you think it would be better to also post here a picture of the full WIP in frame instead of only this one ?

I'll tell you how I printed mine out, had few copies printed in case of mistakes. I had a store called STaples printed out for me.

At first they wouldn't due to Jazza's copyright and name at the bottom then I explained to them and had Staples go NewGrounds and yes I had sweet talk the ladies wink wink, to go on the site.
Then I should them Jazza posted Rules on the first page which Jazza gave everyone permission to print it out and they did. There was no smuges at all

Does anybody know If it’s allowed to color the drawing with pencil, take a picture and then use photoshop to make parts a bit darker and stuff?

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-18 13:20:31

At 1/18/18 09:16 AM, Ianthe wrote: Does anybody know If it’s allowed to color the drawing with pencil, take a picture and then use photoshop to make parts a bit darker and stuff?

I think it's a good way to go! :)

Okay, thank you =) ^^^

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-18 14:09:56

I'm almost done! XD
Any feedback/thoughts before I finnish?

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-18 14:24:39

At 1/18/18 02:09 PM, 1konekottochan wrote: I'm almost done! XD
Any feedback/thoughts before I finnish?

I just want to compliment on what you did with the metal sheet thingy! I find that one the toughest to fill in to be honest and I like that you made it half another color

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-18 20:18:48

This is my WIP. good luck to all!!😉😊😊😉

here my WIP

my 2nd WIP