00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dead crows outside of Boston

333 Views | 3 Replies

Dead crows outside of Boston 2017-12-25 19:50:48

Researchers for the Massachusetts Transit Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they might have died from avian flu.

A bird pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and to everyone's relief, confirmed the cause of death was NOT avian flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the analysis, it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the birds' beaks and claws.

By analyzing these paint residues, it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impacts with trucks, while only 2% had been killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an ornithological behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck vs. car kills.

He very quickly concluded the cause: When crows eat road kill, they always have a lookout crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

They discovered that while all of the lookout crows could shout "Cah," not a single one could shout "Truck."

Response to Dead crows outside of Boston 2017-12-25 20:23:25

Just you wait. Once evolution kicks in, we'll have crows that can warn for goddamned swamp monsters.

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Dead crows outside of Boston 2017-12-25 21:15:36

'O' Angry birds is Real 'O'

In the days of Kings and Queens I was a jester . Treat me like a God or they treat me like a leper ^~^

BBS Signature

Response to Dead crows outside of Boston 2017-12-27 05:50:39

Nice one. XD It started so serious too...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature