HEKILLZALOT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Artist
Cintiq Recommendations? 2017-12-25 03:15:50 Reply

Hello,
I've been saving up for a new tablet that has a screen I can draw on. I'm getting pretty tired of looking separately from what I'm drawing cuz it's really messing with my hand-eye coordination :P idk how ppl do it.
I'm used to drawing on paper a lot, and I'm thinking a cintiq would really help with my digital art, I'm just not really sure which one to get.
I don't wanna spend more than $3K on it (something larger than 13in is preferable (that's what she said)), and if you guys have any recommendations, please leave suggestions and links. I would really appreciate it! Bonus if they're on sale, doesn't have to be wacom.
Thank you and hope you all had a happy holiday!

Cintiq Recommendations?

Smeerlapy
Smeerlapy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Cintiq Recommendations? 2018-03-18 11:45:37 Reply

Gaomon tablet are pretty good and cheap and over 13 inch

Cintiq Recommendations?

EndoScorpion
EndoScorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Cintiq Recommendations? 2018-03-18 17:24:03 Reply

At 12/25/17 03:15 AM, HEKILLZALOT wrote: I don't wanna spend more than $3K
doesn't have to be wacom.

I have a Huion GT-220 V2
It's 21.5 inches and less than half the price of the Wacom Cintiq if you buy it from Amazon.

The only downside is that you need to charge the pens. HOWEVER... mine came with 2 pens and the charge last a long time., so it's never actually stopped me from working.

Bassburnt
Bassburnt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Cintiq Recommendations? 2018-03-18 20:54:19 Reply

At 3/18/18 05:24 PM, EndoScorpion wrote: The only downside is that you need to charge the pens. HOWEVER... mine came with 2 pens and the charge last a long time., so it's never actually stopped me from working.

This all the way. I've only got one pen and a different model of Gaomon tablet but mannnn do those pens have a long charge. Great value honestly, I'd definitely recommend going with Gaomon.

The only con is that it's a balls to put the screen protector on it, might need to have a few extra hands nearby to help get it on without any major creases, mine didn't come out too bad.

fxscreamer
fxscreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Cintiq Recommendations? 2018-03-19 15:10:09 (edited 2018-03-19 15:10:37) Reply

If you seriously have a 3K budget, there is no question that you should go Wacom. Are they expensive? Yes. Are they the best in class? ABSOLUTELY YES. The purchase will easily last you 5-10 years. This is a case of "doing it right the first time" without any regrets knowing you got top of the line. If you're serious about art, drawing, and the tools you use, then I can't recommend anything but a Wacom Cintiq.

For you, from what you're asking, I believe the perfect product would be the Cintiq Pro 16". It's a perfect size, even beyond your 13" recommendation, plus it's a 4K resolution screen, has excellent Adobe RGB configuration, and half your budget, $1500. It's right down the middle and everything you could want.

https://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/wacom-cintiq-pro-16

Oddlem
Oddlem
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Cintiq Recommendations? 2018-03-19 15:53:09 Reply

At 3/19/18 03:10 PM, fxscreamer wrote: If you seriously have a 3K budget, there is no question that you should go Wacom. Are they expensive? Yes. Are they the best in class? ABSOLUTELY YES. The purchase will easily last you 5-10 years. This is a case of "doing it right the first time" without any regrets knowing you got top of the line. If you're serious about art, drawing, and the tools you use, then I can't recommend anything but a Wacom Cintiq.

For you, from what you're asking, I believe the perfect product would be the Cintiq Pro 16". It's a perfect size, even beyond your 13" recommendation, plus it's a 4K resolution screen, has excellent Adobe RGB configuration, and half your budget, $1500. It's right down the middle and everything you could want.

https://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/wacom-cintiq-pro-16

^This
There will be some problems with the drivers at some point (seems like it's a really common thing), but once you find a fix you'll be fine. I got mine in 2012-2013 which is still going, and the only problems I have is pressure not working (which I fix by just restarting the service). But, I think this is a problem with any tablet regardless of the brand. ;u;

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature