00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ehhhnope just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Frisson

320 Views | 3 Replies

Frisson 2017-12-18 12:47:04

"Frisson (French for 'shiver') is a sensation somewhat like shivering, usually caused by stimuli other than cold. It is typically expressed as an overwhelming emotional response combined with piloerection (goosebumps). Stimuli that produce a response are specific to the individual."

That was just a small excerpt from this page, I'd highly recommend reading the whole thing.

I just found out about this particular word today. I get this exact feeling when I'm listening to certain music. I think you can get it from other things as well, but music seems to be the one that most people can relate to. I was just wondering if any of you guys have experienced it before, and if you do, do you experience it often?

Honestly I'm a bit curious to see what gives this feeling for other people, so post a piece of music or anything that's given you this certain feeling of a rush recently.

Here's one that almost always does it for me

Response to Frisson 2017-12-18 12:58:45

At 12/18/17 12:54 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: Someone already did this thread and she had bigger tits...

Hey you don't know that

Response to Frisson 2017-12-18 16:29:14

At 12/18/17 01:47 PM, Sekhem wrote: i get this all the time (once or twice a week, usually)

despite how much music i listen to, i don't think it has anything to do with it, though - sometimes it happens just randomly

the best way i can describe it is how tony soprano described fainting (though it's not negative to me and doesn't involve panic/fainting/depression etc) "ginger ale in your skull"

it feels like a can of soda or something was popped open and warmth floods your body - it's really weird

last happened to me on saturday and lasted maybe an hour or so

Weird, I get the same thing but it feels cold. Like an ice cube is falling down my spine and then suddenly moves to my limbs.
I usually get it late at night when I need to sleep.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Frisson 2017-12-19 00:54:58

At 12/18/17 12:54 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: Someone already did this thread and she had bigger tits...

You take pride in stealing thread ideas don't you, OP?

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature