00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who needs a graphic designer/artist

563 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi,

I have recently been hyped for these new games that have come out since 2016 and 17. I don't know where to post this, but this category seems more relevant. I have been thinking about doing a partnership with a group of developers for a game as an artist/animator/graphic designer. I don't ask for a pay, but if any game has features like in-app purchases, I would love my fair share of the profits if my content/material was used in the product.

In other words, if the game chief is planning to sell this game, I would ask for my fair payment. If he is intending on a free to play, I would ask for a fair share of any in-app purchases made by users.

I have a discord I made a while ago, for any game I make, but I can make a discord, or convert my current one to the game's official discord, if needed.

I can do what takes a team of 3 similar people to do, tho it will take some time. I prefer working with a small team, each with his own roles. I don't typically like working with teams who have say, 2 coders, or 2 artists, because one may be better than the other, unless they are doing different parts of the games graphics (i.e. menu, GUI, UI, etc.).

Most importantly, I only work on 2-D games, but if the game is 3-D, I can make the textures, but not the models.

What I can do:

- Animate (I use simple cartoon designs, similar to ones like Regular Show, Invader Zim, etc.)
- Level Design (see below)
- Design the icons (Like item icons, unit icons, character icons, etc.)
- Design the assets (Cars, trees, house, planes, factories, etc.)
- Design the storyboard (I can help out if necessary to come out with a nice story!)
- Design the textures (Like dirt blocks, smoke (depends), shadows, backgrounds, etc.)
- Design the marketing assets (Like banners, previews, logo, etc.)
- Design the characters (Like the protagonist, enemies, allies, NPCs, etc.)
- Voice Act (unknown if hardware will provide crisp sound)

I will have a good 3 or 4 weeks after this week to contribute to the game, but I will slow down when I reach Spring, for I am going to college, and need time to study. I would like a team who has reserves.

Thank you for reading!!

Disclaimer: Due to past problems, I am steering away from any D&D themed games, or games with medieval weapons, scenarios, etc. I am strictly aimed at eras AFTER World War 1.

Response to Who needs a graphic designer/artist 2017-12-05 02:41:56

Do you have some portfolio work mate?

Response to Who needs a graphic designer/artist 2017-12-06 16:33:11

At 12/5/17 02:41 AM, iHeavenly wrote: Do you have some portfolio work mate?

its not very big, and newgrounds will only allow me to upload 1 picture. i'll upload my best.

F-5 jet, i have had this for a long time

i have been making this recreationally over these past few months, but still incomplete.

Response to Who needs a graphic designer/artist 2017-12-07 12:02:04

bump

Response to Who needs a graphic designer/artist 2017-12-19 08:23:08

At 12/7/17 12:02 PM, AfterburnerCartoons wrote: bump

Check you PM

Response to Who needs a graphic designer/artist 2017-12-20 00:55:39

Hey there,

I am currently looking for an artist in 2D and animation. If you are interested into making art for an adult game, please visit the following link for further information: https://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8658&p=690395#p690395

Best regards,
DraturaXXX

At 12/20/17 12:55 AM, DraturaXXX wrote: Hey there,

I am currently looking for an artist in 2D and animation. If you are interested into making art for an adult game, please visit the following link for further information: https://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8658&p=690395#p690395

Best regards,
DraturaXXX

hate to break it to you, but that kind of character detail is a bit above my skill level. i have not done any practices in that kind of artwork.

It looks like i can possibly do it, but only if they are static pictures. i was hoping for something with animation like the turret of a tank turning (bellow), or walking, that kind of jazz.

Here is an example of the kind of stuff i do/make.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/metalslug/images/3/3f/IronIso.gif/revision/latest?cb=20090412170907
https://img00.deviantart.net/e93f/i/2013/004/c/f/metal_slug__reload_by_sho_n_d_by_kenkira-d5qd6a0.jpg