TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

There have been plenty of things to be sad about in 2017 but this morning I'll focus on what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful that @PhantomArcade, @IvanAlmighty and @Tyler have been sharing space at the NG office and bringing their energy to the place.

@PhantomArcade has especially been going out of his way to lift up NG this year, from organizing the theater screening in Ambler with Ivan, managing our Tumblr and Instagram and putting together a number of upcoming game and animation releases. He's better than I am at a lot of this stuff and it's been inspiring to watch him work.

I'm thankful that NG itself continues to evolve on the technical side due to the efforts of @PsychoGoldfish, @liljim and @BrenTheMan. I know we all want endless features and updates around here but when you take a step back you really gotta marvel at all NG is accomplishing with such a small team. We have exciting changes coming before the year is over and I can't wait to see your reactions to them.

I'm blessed to be working with the absurdly talented @JohnnyUtah, @Spazkid and @Oney on Nightmare Cops, our upcoming console / PC game. The release of NC is gonna be a game changer for all of us and the hopeful end to my personal Blue Period.

It's also a huge honor to be working on something that inspires fan art! @MisMash even mailed us a poster and @deathink sent us his original art piece which is just the best thing ever. This stuff is life fuel.

I'm grateful for all the members of the NG community who have helped make NG a better place this year, whether by assisting as moderators, sharing original works or just helping to encourage artists with votes and reviews. Everyone who positively engages with NG is helping to lift it up and ensure it will be here far into the future.

Of course I can't talk about the future without thanking all our great Supporters! The supporter system is the backbone of NG and I don't enjoy having to plug it in every news post but it's a necessary task. We're slowly phasing out third party ads and need as much community support as possible.

On that note, we have merch to promote!

@Rummy illustrated this sweet Tankaganda shirt.

@helixD worked with a manufacturer to produce a batch of Tank Pins.

@FuShark created this epic poster to promote our theater screening.

These items wouldn't exist without the proactive steps of individuals in the community, which I'm especially thankful for. People tend to underestimate just how small the NG team is and how much of our time is chipped away by lots of little things. We NEED a proactive community to make things like this happen. The same goes with game and animation jams, if anyone wants to take the lead on something!

I'm thankful for the people who share their shirt and pin pics on Twitter and other social media. Here are some links if you want to Like and re-tweet a few: 3DRod, Anigen, Johnnny2x4, l0litsmonica

You don't have to just tweet about our merch, though; it's great when people share their favorite animation, games, art and music!

I'm thankful that, for the moment, we still have Net Neutrality. You can read my last post on that topic. It's hard enough for the open web to compete with the walled gardens of app stores; we don't need Internet service providers to further wall us off.

Beyond NG, I'm thankful I get to share my life with @AprilFulp and our kids. My thoughts this year are with a number of friends going through difficult times. I hope we all find peace and happiness in the coming years.

Thank you everyone who has helped make NG the place to be in 2017.

A community like NG is nothing without the people who make it happen, day after day.

Thank you for reading and thank you for visiting! I'll close things out with Todesschwadron, by @M1as and @FarturAst:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 07:28:59 Reply

*raises a glass*

A toast, to everyone old enough for champagne.

May we all find something to be thankful for today, and may I not burn my house down, as I am about to start cooking.

Sause
Sause
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 07:59:54 Reply

Happy thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Totty
Totty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Animator
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 08:15:38 (edited 2017-11-23 08:27:15) Reply

In so many words; thank you newgrounds for some of the most essential and important core parts of my artistic upbringing. I can't get into it, but as a starting area and a stomping ground, and continued free-champion's proponent of 'everything by everyone'- NG is something to be thankful for on so many levels I could write a book about it- for anyone to express themselves- from it's LHM themed seal clubbing beginnings, to Brackenwood and everything else, it's still a point of reference for the absurd to the masterful, the topical and the timeless. Nothing would be what it is in internet animation media were it not for Newgrounds. Tom, all the staff and the creators for these last 12 years- It's a big deal, so, thank you for your help, contributions and creativity.

also thankful for whiskey allowing me to get all sappy about it.

KungFuSpaceBarbarian
KungFuSpaceBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Writer
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 08:44:21 Reply

Happy Thanksgiving Newgrounds family! Awesome post Tom I can't wait to see what's coming for the site :D

Let me know if there's more I can do to help NG- I don't live too far away!

BBS Signature
Rummy
Rummy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Artist
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 08:45:39 (edited 2017-11-23 08:53:10) Reply

I'm thankful to have contributed to this website after watching it for so many years as a kid. I can recite some animations here word by word, as they're as much a part of my life as modern cinema.

I'm thankful to have gotten to know Tom, Jeff, Tyler, Ink and Red as well as a myriad of the people I consider legends here. I'm thankful to finally have a place where I can post and say what I want that doesn't require anonymity to function. I have a place here- and many people don't seem to understand how even in a virtual space how important it is to feel at home.

I'm thankful to have sealed the deal with my late love (SyllArtemis) and convince her to partake in this website. It's been a real boost for her confidence. I'm very thankful to have met a new good handful of friends as well as garden the bonds I've had for years now (you all know who you are). I'll continue to contribute and give feedback where I can (whilst recruiting more violence and booby artists to come here.)

Also Tyler is a fag. Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!

BBS Signature
WooleyWorld
WooleyWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 09:06:13 Reply

Very thoughtful post. Happy Thanksgiving, you bunch of NG folk.

It's a Wooley World, but someones got to shave it...

kidray76
kidray76
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 09:31:17 Reply

With that being said .....

@TomFulp

We thank you newgrounds. Allowing artists and users display their creativity and hard work at no costs, while still remaining loyal to your core values and not letting the industry tell you what and how art should be.

Have a beer on me buddy.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature
Tyler
Tyler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 10:10:54 (edited 2017-11-23 10:11:49) Reply

Happy thanksgiving @TomFulp!

I do a gratitude ritual every morning and I always say this, but:
Im thankful for you and your alturism. Few people realize how much of an impact you make on many lives.

ALSO MERRY THANKSGIVING Everyone else and I GUESS even @Rummy

DoubleDenial
DoubleDenial
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 10:17:02 Reply

Aghh, still no animation. Thinking of making a "stuffing day" animation or something today, but I only have one day, and everyone else's already finished their Thanksgiving animations.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Musician
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 10:20:40 Reply

I am thankful to have met many wonderful people on Newgrounds over the years. I hope everyone is enjoying Thanksgiving and that the rest of the year will be just as eventful and nice as today is.

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 10:27:47 Reply

I'm thankful for Newgrounds, for all the support I've received from it and all the friends I've made on it.
It bums me out that I didn't produce much this year, but this is the calm before the storm.
It doesn't take a psychic to realize that big things are speeding towards us all.

Happy Thanksgiving!

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
BraydogNG
BraydogNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Writer
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 10:32:54 Reply

I'm thankful to have made the minimal amount of contributions I've made to this great and empowering community!

I'm also thankful that Tom STILL hasn't said anything regarding the NG Chat situation. Great.

LITERALLY ALL THE FORUM THREADS I'VE MADE!!!(last updated December 10th 2017)

Have you ever fallen asleep watching a documentary about insomnia?

BBS Signature
Rummy
Rummy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Artist
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 10:36:49 Reply

At 11/23/17 10:10 AM, Tyler wrote: Happy thanksgiving @TomFulp!

I do a gratitude ritual every morning and I always say this, but:
Im thankful for you and your alturism. Few people realize how much of an impact you make on many lives.

ALSO MERRY THANKSGIVING Everyone else and I GUESS even @Rummy

<3

BBS Signature
HazPot
HazPot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 10:41:11 Reply

COOL!!! I'm BRITISH so i don't celebrate dis.....But still HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!

BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 10:54:00 Reply

Thanks Tom! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

InspiroBot
InspiroBot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 11:10:45 Reply

Happy Thanksgiving weird strangers that for some reason I associate with!

Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 11:50:00 Reply

I'm really happy for you Tom. All the best for you and your family. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Ahahahahahah

BBS Signature
MatelOl
MatelOl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 12:33:02 Reply

oh crap! Im still working on a movie,Im late fuck.

Saminat
Saminat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Voice Actor
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 13:11:15 Reply

I’m thankful for all the amazing people on this site who make it such a cool place to be on!

@twisted4000 @deathink @rambojoe @kalabor106 @superphil64 @ccameron @phantomarcade @cowox
I love you all guys!!! ❤️❤️❤️

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 13:12:09 Reply

I feel really good things are coming, 2017 has been extremely rough, but something tells me things are going to get just a little bit better.

I don't know why, but I feel it, I feel a big pay off coming.

Good.

SuperPhil64
SuperPhil64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Animator
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 13:22:59 Reply

At 11/23/17 01:11 PM, Saminat wrote: I’m thankful for all the amazing people on this site who make it such a cool place to be on!

@twisted4000 @deathink @rambojoe @kalabor106 @superphil64 @ccameron @phantomarcade @cowox
I love you all guys!!! ❤️❤️❤️

This year I'm thankful for Saminat being such a lovely chap!

And even tho Canadian Thanksgiving was a month ago I'm always Thankful for everyone who make this website the best damn place for artists on the web! <3

RigaheaD
RigaheaD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 14:38:23 Reply

Thank you mr. Fulp. NG is the best place for original stuff for sure. :D

IvanAlmighty
IvanAlmighty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Animator
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 15:04:45 Reply

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm really thankful for all the great people I've met on the site and opportunities I've had over the past year, I'm super grateful to share office space with you guys and love spending time together, it's really been one of the highlights of the year and I hope to contribute more to helping the site. You've done so much for members of this site and every individual is thankful for that Tom, this place kicks ass we're gonna make the world KNOW that truth.

BBS Signature
PhantomArcade
PhantomArcade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Animator
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 15:47:49 Reply

I'm constantly overjoyed to be a part of Newgrounds, and I'm eternally grateful that I have the chance and power to make a difference for it everyday. My entire life has been shaped by this community, and some of my fondest memories with friends were spent on NG. The people I've gotten to meet because of it have offered unique perspectives that help me grow as a person, and getting to hang with @IvanAlmighty @TylerNG and @Moawling regularly inspires me and shows me a glimpse of a brighter future than I ever could have imagined before.

You are all part of my life and what I'm striving for. Thank you.

ninjamuffin99
ninjamuffin99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 16:04:16 (edited 2017-11-23 16:10:44) Reply

I'm thankful for every single person I got to work with and collab with this year! If it wasn't for Newgrounds and the cool people around here I'd be making games by myself that no one would play and I would be very sad and lonely. Thank you Newgrounds, it's been a great year and things are only gonna get better from here! I love you newgrounds!

#BringBackBeardFulp || RIP STATICSKULL

BBS Signature
hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 16:43:22 Reply

I'm thankful for discovering Newgrounds nearly 11 years ago, all the incredible content creators and beautiful members of the community, and, of course, all the hard work put forth by Tom and the rest of the Newgrounds team!

BBS Signature
AndoGDTunes
AndoGDTunes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 17:22:03 Reply

At 11/23/17 07:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:

I love this site, thanks @TomFulp!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Keep making awesome features and such!
~A

DoubleDenial
DoubleDenial
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 18:07:11 Reply

Hey guys, I have made myself a deal. If I can get two people to do voice-acting for me, I'm 100% GOING TO MAKE A FLASH ABOUT NET NEUTRALITY. So, anyone interested?

demon1000
demon1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Musician
Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2017-11-23 19:17:02 Reply

Another Thanksgiving for another Year... Can't wait for some new stuff happening...and...im still kinda concerned about this net neutrality thing...what is going to happen?

YOLO WORLD!!!