00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DylansStuff just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writing Reviews (Improvement)

236 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Writing Reviews (Improvement) 2017-11-10 18:40:59

Well, this was the best forum thing I could find for this but: Could we PLEASE make a slight chance in the site script, that: If you are writing a review, the site doesn't automatically delete all your text if you scroll between comment pages? No clue if this has been suggested before, or where to suggest it, if any.

But it was a bit of a pain in the ass when I had spent 30+ min on a thorough, and proofread review. To decide to check if anyone else had mentioned what I said. To then realize that the site just automatically deleted my entire reply once I clicked to change comment page.

I mean, it doesn't seem like that hard to have the review box stay there when you change page... or at least give you a warning. It just feels like kinda overlooked scripting error.

Response to Writing Reviews (Improvement) 2017-11-11 10:01:04

Nice suggestion, I must say.
@TomFulp

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews (Improvement) 2017-11-11 10:16:17

At 11/11/17 10:01 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: Nice suggestion, I must say.
@TomFulp

Thanks. Not sure if it's been suggested before. I couldn't find anything on it.
It just feels like something that's cause more than just me a "fff-" moment.

Response to Writing Reviews (Improvement) 2017-11-12 17:27:55

At 11/10/17 06:40 PM, Kattlarv wrote: Well, this was the best forum thing I could find for this but: Could we PLEASE make a slight chance in the site script, that: If you are writing a review, the site doesn't automatically delete all your text if you scroll between comment pages? No clue if this has been suggested before, or where to suggest it, if any.

A way to get around that is just type it up in a .txt file such as notepad. Then save as you go, copy and paste when done.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews (Improvement) 2017-11-12 17:53:19

At 11/12/17 05:27 PM, kidray76 wrote: A way to get around that is just type it up in a .txt file such as notepad. Then save as you go, copy and paste when done.

Yeah, but that's a "post-fuck up" solution. That only helps AFTER you have first lost a review.

Response to Writing Reviews (Improvement) 2017-11-13 13:31:00

At 11/12/17 05:27 PM, kidray76 wrote: A way to get around that is just type it up in a .txt file such as notepad. Then save as you go, copy and paste when done.

I actually did this when Asandir interviewed me because I'd known beforehand it'd take me several days to go through all of the questions. Though I still maintain this should not be the standard solution.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews (Improvement) 2017-11-13 14:20:28

I did that once a few years ago with a really long review, but when I posted it, a bunch of words and characters got deleted for some reason. Idk if that was just a glitch with that one post, or if it was just a glitch at time time. I haven't done it since, so I wouldn't know if it still happens.

Another way to get around it is to just open the submission again in a new tab and use that tab to go through the pages. Yeah, it's extra steps, and knowing this after the fact doesn't really help, but still. This is a good idea for a feature though.