New Topic Respond to this Topic
ZoroarkX
ZoroarkX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Looking for Feedback 2017-10-30 06:26:19 Reply

My stuff is mostly a pretty plain single drawing, I like this type of basic drawing. I didn't set out with this idea It just happened to be the way things go. Also I'm no professional, I've had a drawing tablet for about a year but I only started using it frequently in the past few months so really I dont have a lot of experience. I use Krita to do my work (its a free software and It's really good, if your looking for free programs this one is great).

I've been on Newgrounds for a few months now so I thought I'd stretch out more and see if I can get some tips on improvement. I know there's definitely some work to be done so if your any good at drawing lemme in on some pointers because I'd love to get better. Thanks!

Temariix
Temariix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to Looking for Feedback 2017-10-30 07:16:05 Reply

At 10/30/17 06:26 AM, ZoroarkX wrote: Stuff

Do you have anything in particular that you would like feedback on? It would be good to put up an example in the thread here

ZoroarkX
ZoroarkX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Looking for Feedback 2017-10-30 08:39:18 Reply

I didn't really have a specific one In mind. I thought just in general as every drawing has a similar style. I suppose the most "unique" ones are the 2 Halloween drawings I did (my 2nd and 3rd latest drawings). So I guess go for them if your looking for a specific set. But I had my whole drawing list (which is not much) in mind.

Oddlem
Oddlem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Looking for Feedback 2017-10-30 14:34:25 Reply

At 10/30/17 08:39 AM, ZoroarkX wrote: I didn't really have a specific one In mind. I thought just in general as every drawing has a similar style.

I think that in itself is the main issue. Right now as you're constantly learning new things about drawing, your style is going to change and reform very very quickly.
A lot of new artists focus way too much on trying to find their style, when that's something that just happens naturally as you pick up on new techniques from other artists and form it together into your own thing.

When it comes to your art being unique, I'd say to just learn anatomy (and other art fundamentals) and let yourself go through the process of forming a style. You could also do redlines of other artists' work to get a general idea of what other people do. I highly recommend doing the latter aside from the anatomy studies, since for me it helped speed up learning certain techniques.
But if you do decide to redline, don't post it and claim it as your own or anything. That just serves as a study of sorts. o: