00:00
00:00

N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS

1,536 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 09:48:39

Surprise! The Grand Finale is over and the judges have made their decision. A bit ahead of schedule, I am proud to announce. Give it up one more time for our Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch Hands of Fate: @Bosa, @ADR3-N, @Samulis, & @SkyeWint! Without our judges we wouldn't even be able to hold a contest, after all. And that brings me to my Co-Emcee, @TaintedLogic, who not only helped me PM somewhere in the region of 900 invitations, but also posted half of the results/new round threads and offered his own expertise as a contest judge. And hey, don't forget me — your very own Master of Ceremonies, @ChronoNomad. I am truly honored to have been a part of this incredible musical journey, and without further adding to the suspense, let's get straight to the results!

The 1st Place winner of the 2017 Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch is...

@FinnMK!

He has been an incredible competitor, wowing fans and foes alike with his ability to produce a host of complex and, dare I say, ridiculously catchy tracks. Add to that his fantastic sense of sportsmanship and camaraderie - even toward his most dangerous opponents - and you've got a truly winning combination. Despite this impressive victory, I have a feeling that he's just getting started.

The 2nd Place winners of this year's NGADM are, of course...

@johnfn & @ethansight!

Our only team to survive this far into the contest, after being resurrected when @RetromanOMG made the decision to exit the competition, rallied bravely to fight their way here. As you will see later on, a mere difference of .25, just one quarter of a point, stood between them and the top spot. There can be no doubt about how incredibly talented this dynamic duo is.

The 3rd Place winner of the Audio Deathmatch is...

@etherealwinds!

Combining his own unique style of music with fresh ideas and new elements has made him a fierce competitor this year. Although he may have taken the third spot this time around, it would behoove future competitors to come prepared. Such artistic evolution is most definitely to be feared.

4th Place goes to @steelside, who filled the Audio Portal with a whole bunch of insanely catchy Pop songs and intrigued us with his one-of-a-kind vocal style.

5th Place is awarded to @1f1n1ty, who not only earned the highest score in the Audition round, but also went up against some of the toughest competition.

And there you have it, folks! We hope that you've enjoyed the ride as much as we have. Feel free to congratulate our 2017 NGADM champions, tell them which tracks were your favorites, offer them paying gigs or long-time contracts, invite them to dinner...whatever!

Many thanks to @LucidShadowDreamer for being our trusty Scribe regarding all things Deathmatch! You can click HERE to view a breakdown of the stats from previous round, and watch this thread for a link to his newest post-round analysis.

We would also like to take a moment to thank the artist who created our epic poster art, @Ceevro! Which reminds me, as the 1st place winner, @FinnMK gets to have the original version mailed directly to him as an added bonus. Just PM Ceevro your address and it shall be yours, Finn! You've earned it. Please also PM me with the email address attached to your PayPal account. Same goes for @johnfn & ethansight, as well as @etherealwinds. Once that's done, your prizes can start being awarded!

And finally, if you would like to review anything Newgrounds Deathmatch 2017 related, pay a visit to the relevant news post HERE. You'll find links to each round, our Tournament bracket, Rules, FAQ, Prizes, and Schedule information all in one place. All the playlists, from the Round of 64 to the Grand Finale, can be found HERE. And you can find all the NGADM 2017 podcasts HERE, not to mention my own musical offerings. Because shameless plug.

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 09:49:52

And now for the Grand Finale scores!

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 10:00:10

What a year. GG guys!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 10:56:26

At 10/27/17 10:00 AM, etherealwinds wrote: What a year. GG guys!

You owe me 5 bucks!

(actual comment coming later, I promise)

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 12:04:17

Woah, cool!

A big thanks to all the organizers, judges, and fellow competitors for making this a fun, dramatic journey. Well fought battle, @johnfn and @ethansight. And a special shout out to @1f1n1ty for believing in me.

Now I'm off to the NGADM afterparty to get blitzed on celebratory champagne! Who's coming with?

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 12:47:21

Fantastic job everyone! Huge props to the judges, and of course - fantastic entries all around. Huge pleasure to get to work with @johnfn these last few months, learned quite more than I had bargained for. Aand, congratulations @FinnMK!! An honor for us (I am sure) to be next to ya in second place.

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 14:50:01

grats @FinnMK! well deserved!

<3

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Gratz @FinnMK :D!
Ginormous props to @ChronoNomad and @TaintedLogic for hosting this thing. This has been an amazing NGADM and a lot of it is because of the hard work you guyz have put into this.

Just a random idiot

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 17:59:20

At 10/27/17 03:48 PM, Ectisity wrote: Gratz @FinnMK :D!
Ginormous props to @ChronoNomad and @TaintedLogic for hosting this thing. This has been an amazing NGADM and a lot of it is because of the hard work you guyz have put into this.

Many thanks, @Ectisity! Throwing this big ol' shindig together is definitely what I'd call a Labor of Love.

And it's folks like you in the Newgrounds community who make it all worthwhile.

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 18:13:09

At 10/27/17 12:04 PM, FinnMK wrote: Now I'm off to the NGADM afterparty to get blitzed on celebratory champagne! Who's coming with?

I volunteer to shake it until it spills everywhere, but I gotta stay sober. Ah, screw it, I'll be DD.

Fantastically great presentation from everyone this whole competition. I can't believe it's actually over. I almost feel like it's still ongoing. Could be because I still have some reviews to give out. My computer crashed sometime during the round of 16 and the round of 32, taking a lot of reviews with it. But if you've got a track out I haven't gotten to, lemme know.

Cheers, everyone!

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 20:01:02

@Chrononomad @TaintedLogic

As of now, the top 3 have all been frontpaged!

At 10/27/17 03:48 PM, Ectisity wrote: Ginormous props to @ChronoNomad and @TaintedLogic for hosting this thing.

Thanks so much for the kind word, @Ectisity! I couldn't agree more with @ChronoNomad: it's so rewarding to give back to the NG community and to see the amazing volume of work put into this thing by the competitors, judges, and especially ChronoNomad himself. Thanks also to @ADR3-N for front-paging the winners! Feels like payday, doesn't it, guys?

Excuse me for not saying earlier: huge congratulations to @FinnMK, @Johnfn, and @Ethansight alike. I simply can't express how utterly inspiring your work has been in a few short sentences. Wishing you guys all the best for your future projects.

Also, fun fact: this is the second time an artist has won the NGUAC and then won the NGADM the next year (@Bassfiddlejones did it in 2014-2015).

It's truly been an honor to serve as an administrator and judge for this competition. School is a bit of a black hole on my life right now, but I hope to stay in touch with as many people that are involved in this thing as I can. ^_^

Until next year, everyone!

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 21:51:16

lol Jordi won 3rd places twice. congrats @etherealwinds!

A nice blend of prediction and surprise seem to be at the heart of the best art.

- Wendy Carlos

At 10/27/17 08:01 PM, ADR3-N wrote: @Chrononomad @TaintedLogic

As of now, the top 3 have all been frontpaged!

Beautiful! Many thanks to you and the other mods for all your hard work all across the site. Now I'm really looking forward to those Supporter Upgrades so the 1st-3rd Place winners can wear their original forum signatures.

Because apparently while Supporters can use .gif, .jpeg, or .png files up to 60k in size, everyone else has to make do with a mere 40k. D'oh!

Went ahead and made slightly lower-resolution versions for them while we're waiting. Because waiting sucks.

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 22:35:53

Look at me now Mum, my own NGADM forum signature and everything

Wow, Chrono! Those forum sigs look really cool. I like the variation in font.

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-27 23:05:36

At 10/27/17 10:35 PM, FinnMK wrote: Look at me now Mum, my own NGADM forum signature and everything

Now that's what I call prestigious! Wear it with pride.

At 10/27/17 10:49 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Wow, Chrono! Those forum sigs look really cool. I like the variation in font.

Glad to hear it! I was really digging the ransom note feel, and too many fonts look boring without any kind of variation when using the same letters more than once. It's always way more fun to mix things up!

Here's hoping that we get to see the other winners making their forum sig debut in here soon, too.

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-28 04:36:36

Congrats guys! You should all have honorary supporter status now.

Thank you everyone who joined in this year, thank you @ChronoNomad and @TaintedLogic for running the show and thank you @Bosa, @ADR3-N, @Samulis and @SkyeWint for judging!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-28 06:10:32

At 10/28/17 04:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: Congrats guys! You should all have honorary supporter status now.

Thank you everyone who joined in this year, thank you @ChronoNomad and @TaintedLogic for running the show and thank you @Bosa, @ADR3-N, @Samulis and @SkyeWint for judging!

oh hey tomfulmp

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-28 06:22:13

At 10/27/17 09:48 AM, ChronoNomad wrote: The 1st Place winner of the 2017 Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch is...

@FinnMK!

I think we all safely called this one, amirite?

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-28 07:18:13

Congratulations to @FinnMK!

And well fought, @johnfn & @ethansight!

Thanks to all who participated and contributed in any way :)
For those that are interested, I finished writing my final summary:

https://lucidshadowdreamer.newgrounds.com/news/post/1000213

'twas a great NGADM, wasn't it?

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-28 13:20:18

At 10/28/17 04:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: Congrats guys! You should all have honorary supporter status now.

Very cool, Tom! You have my sincerest thanks. It's awesome to see these guys as NG Supporters.

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-28 14:33:24

Thanks a bunch, o wise leader!

Response to N G A D M 2017 — FINAL RESULTS 2017-10-28 21:22:12

Ey here's a legit comment as I promised:

Wow, dude. This was a rollercoaster. I finished my run on a pretty negative note regarding my work but reflecting back I can safely say that there's so much I, and everyone else, got out of this. Thanks for a really, really good first year.

Also supporter status YAY I get a little star next to my name when I post, ooh look at that star how nice

I'll see you guys next year I guess OH WAIT NO I'll see you next week! Because CHIPS IS AWESOME HAHA

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW