00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheArmoredAvian just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's up with Indie Animation?

450 Views | 5 Replies

What's up with Indie Animation? 2017-10-12 01:02:53

I'm UnknownNewgrounds. My mission is simple. To ask one question.

Animation, by far, is the most time consuming task when it comes to being independent. Mere minutes can take months of work, people taking advantage of your work with the promise of "exposure," and the realization that many of you have bills to pay.

I know many tend to consider animation a hobby. Soon enough it's a matter of whether you keep going, scatter to find anyone willing to pay for your work, or drop everything and get a regular job that pays minimum wage at best.

Based on experience as an independent animator, what are some issues in the indie field that you feel would make animation more profitable to continue making it a dream job come true?

What's up with Indie Animation?

Response to What's up with Indie Animation? 2017-10-12 16:32:15

At 10/12/17 01:22 AM, Dynastywarriors5 wrote: Uh, just get a hobby that is actually valuable

Just look at what site you're on when reading this reply. It's Newgrounds, man! The debate that animation should remain a hobby is a bad argument. There's amazing people out there who work their ass off daily just to create something awesome!

I think it's time to talk about what exactly animators are going through and what they would like to see more of.

Response to What's up with Indie Animation? 2017-10-12 20:19:52

Maybe you should try the animation forum.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

At 10/12/17 08:19 PM, Template88 wrote: Maybe you should try the animation forum.

I glimpsed through it a few days before and noticed it's filled with requests. I felt that General was a better thread to post in. I guess I was wrong?

Response to What's up with Indie Animation? 2017-10-13 01:01:15

At 10/12/17 11:31 PM, UnknownNewgrounds wrote:
At 10/12/17 08:19 PM, Template88 wrote: Maybe you should try the animation forum.
I glimpsed through it a few days before and noticed it's filled with requests. I felt that General was a better thread to post in. I guess I was wrong?

Yeah the forums in general are terrible about that, but at least there you would get animators to see your question and possibly answer it. Most content creators stay away from the forums in general.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to What's up with Indie Animation? 2017-10-13 18:25:27

At 10/13/17 01:01 AM, Template88 wrote:
At 10/12/17 11:31 PM, UnknownNewgrounds wrote:
Yeah the forums in general are terrible about that, but at least there you would get animators to see your question and possibly answer it. Most content creators stay away from the forums in general.

I was hoping that wasn't the case. Kind of upset that such a revolutionary site has been nearly forgotten by a lot of friends now.