00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JamesChrist just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Should I go to prom alone?

455 Views | 9 Replies

So, at my last school dance I had to show up alone, a guy told me that he'd be my date but never showed up. He then told me he was too busy to go to the dance the next day I saw him. Now that I'm 18, there's another prom. This time I don't have a date and I basically spend lunchtime alone, and I don't have any friends. I'm more of a loner and several people I was friends with last year told me that they were too busy to hang out with me and stopped texting me, and started ignoring my phone calls. So, now I just sit alone/ spend most of my time alone and now I have no friends and no guy to go to prom with. Should I still go to prom even though I'm going to be friendless and I'm not going to have a date?

My old friend for 5 years started to completely ignore my text messages, block my phone calls and gave me several reasons why she was too busy with her own life, and how much fun she was having to spend any time with me. All 2017 this was how my friends treated me. I don't understand why suddenly everyone in my age group wants nothing to do with me. Is it because I'm ugly, fat, strange? Why do I always have to be alone or mistreated?

Response to Should I go to prom alone? 2017-09-20 01:07:13

At 9/20/17 01:03 AM, Sekhem wrote: u couldn't even find a prom date smh

even the pathetic losers know 2 look for lower grade girls looking to get ahead in life and experience prom early

I'm starting to think I'm cursed or maybe there's something wrong with me. I realized that I've lost so many friends. They all ditched me, mistreated me or would go five months without seeing me and tell me how either how busy of amazing their lives are as an excuse on why not to hang out with me.

A few guys and I went to an anti-prom party. We didn't go crazy, but we did go bowling. It was fun.

How in the world did you get the point of people blocking you? How do you think your relationship with other people have been before this year? You know what, fuck your school, fuck the social system, fuck your depression, fuck it all. I'm livid and I don't even know why. You better make something right now.

I'm sorry, but your situation has lit a fuse, and the only immediate cure I can think of is for you to write a creative piece right now. Writing in a journal may help you. Make it a poem, short story, anything! Be sure to let me read it. I'll be sure to give constructive feedback.

EDIT: Just give me anything, but any more of this.

"I'm an Androgynous Misogynous" -- Billy the Fridge

Response to Should I go to prom alone? 2017-09-20 01:52:44

No. You should stay here and open a thread about not going to prom.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Should I go to prom alone? 2017-09-20 02:05:20

I don't know about you, but being alone among 'friends' feels worse than just being alone.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Should I go to prom alone? 2017-09-20 02:32:42

At 9/20/17 01:28 AM, Verspar wrote: A few guys and I went to an anti-prom party. We didn't go crazy, but we did go bowling. It was fun.

How in the world did you get the point of people blocking you? How do you think your relationship with other people have been before this year? You know what, fuck your school, fuck the social system, fuck your depression, fuck it all. I'm livid and I don't even know why. You better make something right now.

I'm sorry, but your situation has lit a fuse, and the only immediate cure I can think of is for you to write a creative piece right now. Writing in a journal may help you. Make it a poem, short story, anything! Be sure to let me read it. I'll be sure to give constructive feedback.

EDIT: Just give me anything, but any more of this.

I haven't written anything in a long time. But I'll try.

Day by day I go down by the bay, to sing the same song that my heart always plays. No matter what I do, or how I play, the day always goes by the same old way. Going go school, staring at a screen, going to bed, then doing the same thing again. It washes and repeats, it beats me till I bleed. I will never escape this song, I'll never survive this long, which is why down by the bay my soul won't last long......

God, I'm feel like crying now.... I always get so upset at night.

Response to Should I go to prom alone? 2017-09-20 03:20:57

Go alone. You never know what might happen ;)

BBS Signature

At 9/20/17 02:32 AM, Ever-After wrote: Day by day I go down by the bay, to sing the same song that my heart always plays. No matter what I do, or how I play, the day always goes by the same old way. Going go school, staring at a screen, going to bed, then doing the same thing again. It washes and repeats, it beats me till I bleed. I will never escape this song, I'll never survive this long, which is why down by the bay my soul won't last long......

Wow, That was good, especially how short of a time since I asked for you to do this. I like your consistent theme of the wave breaking and ebbing, where you feel like your life is like the waves, an ever-repeating cycle. It slowly weathers you down like how it turns rocks into sand. Now I didn't really care too much for when you were listing out your daily routine, particularly "going to school" and "going to bed". I know you don't like school, but I feel nothing when I read that and when it comes to going to bed, I feel like that's the high point in this case. I want to feel that your daily routine is draining you of your energy without a need for an explanation outside of the piece; it would emphasize the washing and repeating of the cycle. For the rest, I can feel the sense of stagnancy, not in your skills, but in your life and what you're expressing in this piece. So, good job.

"I'm an Androgynous Misogynous" -- Billy the Fridge

Response to Should I go to prom alone? 2017-09-20 09:32:29

Now this is such an inside joke that I really don't think anyone will get it, but fuck it, I'll post it anyway:

@Ever-After never came.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Should I go to prom alone? 2017-09-20 11:20:22

Either pussy-up and ask someone to go with you, even if they're just a friend, or go to have a chill social time with familiar faces; you don't need someone at your side to validate yourself.

Or don't go at all. It's fucking prom, it's not that big of a deal.

I went to Homecoming once and it sucked, but each of my 4 years I attended NJROTC's Navy Ball, which was great. Based on the shitty experience with Homecoming (loud obnoxious people seizure dancing to loud and obnoxious music) I can't say I miss the expensive drama-filled ordeal that was prom. From every account I've heard from friends who went, I made the right choice in how I spent my time.

Make the right choice on how you spend your time.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature