00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A D M Semifinals 2017

5,377 Views | 76 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-24 22:31:33

Alright let me go tell @ethansight to do some stuff

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-25 06:12:08

At 9/24/17 10:31 PM, johnfn wrote: Alright let me go tell @ethansight to do some stuff

Yeah, go light a fire under his butt or something! I can never remember if that's supposed to be a metaphor or not...

Can we expect a continuation of the 'featured artist' trend this round? FinnMK ft. the soulful backup harmonies of johfn & ethansight, perhaps? Hmm.

At 9/25/17 06:12 AM, ChronoNomad wrote: johfn

Interesting idea! Perhaps we should feature the abilities of this mysterious "johfn". I hear so much about him, but unfortunately I have never met him.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-25 15:28:08

At 9/25/17 02:31 PM, johnfn wrote:
Interesting idea! Perhaps we should feature the abilities of this mysterious "johfn". I hear so much about him, but unfortunately I have never met him.

I hear he's a great vocalist.

BBS Signature

I hear he plays the electric didgeridoo.

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-25 17:02:47

At 9/25/17 03:42 PM, FinnMK wrote:
I hear he plays the electric didgeridoo.

Didgeridon't

BBS Signature

Yes, he is quite the mysterious fellow, Grant ed.

Escaping via typo, eh? Well played.

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-27 10:44:25

In a surprising turn of events, Finn M-K has gone folk rock! I don't know if it'll get me through to the finals, but gotta keep trying new things to grow as a musician...

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-27 12:58:21

At 9/27/17 10:44 AM, FinnMK wrote: In a surprising turn of events, Finn M-K has gone folk rock! I don't know if it'll get me through to the finals, but gotta keep trying new things to grow as a musician...
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/767415

The silence has been broken! Who will be the next to submit their Semifinals track?

We've still got several more days left before hitting the deadline. Give it your all!

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-27 14:10:44

At 9/27/17 10:44 AM, FinnMK wrote: I don't know if it'll get me through to the finals, but gotta keep trying new things to grow as a musician...

Wow! I haven't listened to your track yet, but if attitude was among my criteria I'd give you a 10/10.

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-27 14:52:40

At 9/27/17 02:10 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 9/27/17 10:44 AM, FinnMK wrote: I don't know if it'll get me through to the finals, but gotta keep trying new things to grow as a musician...
Wow! I haven't listened to your track yet, but if attitude was among my criteria I'd give you a 10/10.

AHEM well in that case i will have you know that ethansight and i are trying out TWO new things in our next piece.

gime that 20/10

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-27 17:52:08

At 9/27/17 02:52 PM, johnfn wrote: AHEM well in that case i will have you know that ethansight and i are trying out TWO new things in our next piece.

gime that 20/10

BUT there are two of you, so the score is out of 20. Therefore, you only get a 20/20. M'kay?

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-27 18:09:53

At 9/27/17 05:52 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 9/27/17 02:52 PM, johnfn wrote: AHEM well in that case i will have you know that ethansight and i are trying out TWO new things in our next piece.

gime that 20/10
BUT there are two of you, so the score is out of 20. Therefore, you only get a 20/20. M'kay?

hahaha, assuming anyone other than ethansight writes our songs

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-27 21:13:45

y y'all so talented, can i haz 1% of your skill?

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-28 23:37:55

*cough* yeah, keep the bpm locked to 170, with a song length under two minutes! Creative boundaries and all.

At 9/28/17 11:37 PM, ethansight wrote:
*cough* yeah, keep the bpm locked to 170, with a song length under two minutes! Creative boundaries and all.

We could also try throwing in a solo. I dont think we've done that before...

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-29 08:22:17

At 9/28/17 11:41 PM, johnfn wrote: We could also try throwing in a solo. I dont think we've done that before...

Oh, here's a cool idea for you guys - what if you did this crazy thing called a melody? Like, one of those things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMM

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-29 13:07:54

At 9/29/17 08:22 AM, 1f1n1ty wrote:
At 9/28/17 11:41 PM, johnfn wrote: We could also try throwing in a solo. I dont think we've done that before...
Oh, here's a cool idea for you guys - what if you did this crazy thing called a melody? Like, one of those things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMM

That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-29 17:38:18

At 9/29/17 01:07 PM, johnfn wrote: That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Hey, it can't be dumber than using those eccentric things called "drums" which sometimes appear in really weird wonky tracks.

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-29 18:03:49

At 9/29/17 05:38 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote: Hey, it can't be dumber than using those eccentric things called "drums" which sometimes appear in really weird wonky tracks.

Aren't those atonal? I never got the point of having non-melody instruments in songs.

BBS Signature

The Semifinals have reached the final two days of production. Whether you're still adding drums, solos, melodies, or whatever—
just make sure that your track is submitted by the ever important deadline!

This round will ultimately determine who gets a shot at the title, so be prepared to pull out all the stops. In classic Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch tradition, the name of the game is Do or Die!

No pressure.

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-09-30 23:34:26

We're down to the final day of the Semifinals! @FinnMK has already arrived on the killing field, but we're still awaiting the rest of our stalwart battlers.

@etherealwinds, @steelside, @johnfn & @ethansight...

Arm yourselves, pray to whatever deities you believe in, and step into the arena once again! The Audio Deathmatch Quarterfinals await. The end is near! For some, nearer still.

At 9/30/17 11:34 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: We're down to the final day of the Semifinals! @FinnMK has already arrived on the killing field, but we're still awaiting the rest of our stalwart battlers.

I have this image in my mind of a full crowd in an ancient Colosseum. Down on the sandy floor, there are a bunch of slain NGADM gladiators. And then there's Finn running around with a sword in one hand, a keytar in the other, and a bucket on my head, yelling "Oh Mama hey!" over and over again.

The other three of the final four are in the shadows just behind the gate, like "...maybe we should just wait until he dies of heat stroke."

At 9/30/17 11:40 PM, FinnMK wrote:
At 9/30/17 11:34 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: We're down to the final day of the Semifinals! @FinnMK has already arrived on the killing field, but we're still awaiting the rest of our stalwart battlers.
I have this image in my mind of a full crowd in an ancient Colosseum. Down on the sandy floor, there are a bunch of slain NGADM gladiators. And then there's Finn running around with a sword in one hand, a keytar in the other, and a bucket on my head, yelling "Oh Mama hey!" over and over again.

The other three of the final four are in the shadows just behind the gate, like "...maybe we should just wait until he dies of heat stroke."

Slightly more anticlimactic than I was aiming for, but hey—it made me laugh! The fact that you guys all manage to maintain your sense of humor even at this stage is a tribute to your fortitude.

Whatever happens from here on, I wish each and every one of you the best of luck. You all impress the hell out of me.

Someone should seriously animate - or at least illustrate - that image...

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-10-01 01:54:41

At 9/30/17 11:54 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: The fact that you guys all manage to maintain your sense of humor even at this stage is a tribute to your fortitude.

i have no sense of humor and i hate you all

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-10-01 20:38:38

Hey guys.
I've had to request an extension, so naturally the 10% penalty that Chrono mentioned previously will be in effect and anything I submit is guaranteed to be low scoring in comparison to the rest of the competition. I've been trying to rush to put something new together after the last track I composed fell through, and while there is still 3 hours left, To me, the quality of music this year has been phenomenal, and I would absolutely rather sacrifice any chance at a victory in order to maintain that quality, and not rush a song for the sake of it and still probably score lowly. I'll accept the penalty but work hard the next few days to compose something beautiful, despite the competition. :)

I look forward to hearing the other tracks and I'll get something in asap. I hope that's okay and I've spoken to Chrono already.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-10-01 20:41:51

At 10/1/17 08:38 PM, etherealwinds wrote: I would absolutely rather sacrifice any chance at a victory in order to maintain that quality, and not rush a song for the sake of it and still probably score lowly.

Wow. That's really admirable. Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop, Jordi! ^_^

BBS Signature

Well, @etherealwinds has decided to take one for the team! Honestly, while I'm a little disappointed, especially since I have to take that 10% off his average score at the end, I can't fault him for his logic. All in all, it's a really tough call, and accepting the penalty could very well be a make it or break it decision.

That said, we're still awaiting the arrival of @steelside and the team of @johnfn & @ethansight! With less than two hours remaining, there's no time to waste. Or will you choose to leave @FinnMK running around the bloodstained arena alone, stabbing at the air with his sword and shouting "Oh Mama Hey!" until his poor heart bursts?

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-10-01 22:46:58

imagine if everyone dropped except Finn

nah we're totally submitting =P

and by we i mean ethan duh

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M Semifinals 2017 2017-10-01 22:49:07