00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Does producing affect ear??

1,202 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Does producing affect ear?? 2017-09-11 17:55:47

I got asked a question by a stranger and didn't really know how to answer it...
The question was
if producing daily at minimal decibel levels 50-80 affect your hearing and causes hearing loss..

I thought it didn't so I said it shouldn't but does anyone know for sure?? I've done some research but I'm still not sure..

Response to Does producing affect ear?? 2017-09-11 18:52:28

At 9/11/17 05:55 PM, LLCALIREP wrote: I got asked a question by a stranger and didn't really know how to answer it...
The question was
if producing daily at minimal decibel levels 50-80 affect your hearing and causes hearing loss..

I thought it didn't so I said it shouldn't but does anyone know for sure?? I've done some research but I'm still not sure..

Producing does effect ear.

Consistently listening to things that are loud for long periods of time, even if you think they aren't loud, will cause hearing loss. It's an even worse effect if you're using earbuds or headphones, since the speaker is right up against or in your ear.

SoundCloud | Discord: Wojo#0001 |

BBS Signature

Response to Does producing affect ear?? 2017-09-11 23:21:15

Oh I see , didn't know that .. so how would a pro producer do things?? Do they produce like 1day on and the other off? From Mon-Sun??

Response to Does producing affect ear?? 2017-09-12 01:19:31

At 9/11/17 11:21 PM, LLCALIREP wrote: Oh I see , didn't know that .. so how would a pro producer do things?? Do they produce like 1day on and the other off? From Mon-Sun??

Take breaks every hour or so and also mix at different levels (Fletcher Munson plus giving your ears a break! Win/win)

hemlo yes i am the do durgs

johnfn made me this signature because i placed 6th in ngadm and only 5th and up got cool signatures but lets face it this is better

BBS Signature

Response to Does producing affect ear?? 2017-09-12 06:23:22

If you keep it below 70 most of the time and turn it up for a minute to check stuff from time to time nothing can happen to you imo

signature

Response to Does producing affect ear?? 2017-10-04 07:15:39

Listening to loud stuff in general wears out your ears, be it producing or a jackhammer.
Also, I don't have a reference for this on hand, but heavily compressed music in particular is known to exhaust your ears easily.