00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RonRandom's Music Thread

1,329 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-09-10 09:27:39

Ayy. I'm RonRandom. I've been here for quite some time now and also uploading music for quite some time. You could check what I've made from a link in my signature, but then most of them are just simple ( and probably crappy ) stuff. It all started when I found FL Studio because I wanted to make music for fun and was also inspired by several artists here. Now, I'm trying to make some money out of this music composing thing and make it my job in the future. Most of the music I'm making is just electronic, but when I get the right equipment, I might consider going into hip-hop and rap.

That said, I guess it's time to show you what I've made recently.

Indecisive. Out of all the 12 songs I've made for my first album, this one is probably my favorite. Pretty simple though.

I've been playing around with FL Studio ( again ) and realized there was such thing as presets for the sytrus and actually made a somewhat good melody out of it. I also wanted to go a fast with the tempo. Like 140bpm because when you hear my other songs before this, they are around 64-80bpm.

I don't really have to explain this because the description says it all. All that I can say is that my brother requested me to do something "space" like and this is kind of what I got.

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-09-14 08:24:01

At 9/11/17 08:30 PM, BoxerBraydog wrote: Your music is really good man, keep it up!

Thanks! Anyway, I got some new music before I go for a short delay. I'll be back somewhere around the 6th of October because of exams. This is kind of made the same time as "Uber Driver" when I wanted to make a random beat out of guitars, my brother heard it and suggested me to continue this loop, and this is what I got.

Enjoy and have a nice day!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-10-13 20:57:23 (edited 2017-10-13 20:59:39)

I'm back! Recently, exams ended and I got the full version of FL Studio 12, and so I don't need to do all my songs in one shot, which could mean you're not going to hear much progress from me like I did with my *cough* *cough* old songs. To celebrate this happy moment while it lasts, I made this somewhat party track to test out FL Studio 12. Let me know what you think about it!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-10-28 20:25:08

Ayy. It's RonRandom here with a song. I already finished this song way before I released it on NG. That's kind of because I was kind of waiting to release it during Halloween, but now I made this other song that I thought was better than this. You'll see later on. It also features some of my vocals which I just recorded with my new microphone that I got.

The idea of it is just a rainy day ( one day before Halloween ) with a couple of musicians performing stuff, then a crowd joins in. Anyways, here.

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-10-31 03:50:19

Happy Halloween 2017! I made this song right after "Rainy Performance". Originally it was supposed to have this dream-type thing. But then having a feeling like you died at the beginning after some fight made me change my mind and make a song about this so called "Afterlife" thing. Well, enjoy and again, Happy Halloween!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-11-20 02:22:04

Hey there! I'm back with another lo-fi style hip-hop beat called "Lost". I was inspired by Eminem's "The Way I Am" which is a great song by the way for most of the things in this song, such as the pattern for the hi-hats, the piano melody and the bells. I gave my friends a listen to this, and they think that it kind of belongs in something that can be in a something Halloween-ish since they said it feels a bit scary to them, but to me it's alright. Enjoy!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-11-27 08:17:56

Well, I have improved since the first song I've ever made, which in my opinion, sucked. So why not I remix some of my old songs and compile them all into one song? This was actually easy for me as most of my old songs that are compiled in this song are surprisingly made in the key of C major / A minor, except for Uber Driver, made in the key of F major, at least that's what it's said when I accessed it in FL Studio. It contains Indecisive, Uber Driver, Distance Pt. 2, Melancholymania, Sanctuary. I kind of compiled them all in a BPM of 105. I had to rework some stuff too, such as the timing, the melody and the instrument it uses. Anyways, enjoy!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-12-03 22:02:13

Well, it's that time of day again to show what in the world have I created. I'll try posting audios every week for ya'. Anyways, I don't really have much to say about this next song, but I think I'm getting the hang of this. Just a piano-based song I made. Enjoy. Feedback would really be appreciated.

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-12-11 02:44:37

Well, I actually wanted to vent my hatred in this song, as that time I was forced to remake a traditional dance song on the piano by my father. ( long story ) I made a melody out of it on the piano. It kind of seemed sad to me so I sticked with it until I got to the snare roll and started making the drop, then I don't really feel that hatred is with me anymore.

I don't know why every time I do something when I'm feeling this certain emotion, that certain emotion is gone halfway and I don't have the will to do that thing. And to me, this song is just uplifting and sad at the same time. So enjoy.

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-12-18 01:12:25

Nothing much to say about this song except I tried experimenting with drumloops for the chorus and the 2nd verse. Hope you enjoy! Also, I realized that next Monday is Christmas ( correct me if I'm wrong ), so expect a song from me that is about Christmas.

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2017-12-25 05:53:23

Well, today is Christmas. And I wanted to remix a song that has that "snowy" feeling that is perfect for Christmas. So I remixed a song from Undertale, which is Snowdin Town and made it something lo-fi with a bit of trap elements. I tried making sure that I don't just use the sample alone, so I added a piano and some bells ( kind of quiet ) halfway around the song. Anyways, enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-01-08 06:31:40 (edited 2018-01-08 06:32:17)

I guess this is pretty late but, "Happy New Year" to all of you. Anyways, school has started lately and I began to lose much of my energy that helps me to start the day although it is like, the second week of school for me. So I'm just going to post every two weeks and not going to care what the hell I'm making anymore.

That being said, I've been listening to piano stuff lately and got inspired to make this. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to upload it or not. But here it is, my try at making DnB/Lo-Fi. Hope you enjoy.

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-01-29 00:40:53

Well, I kind of made the somewhat sequel to "Flight" called "Dark Descent". I wanted to experiment with adding 8-bit styled sounds into this song. I also tried making some 8-bit sounds myself, which was like only one sound I made. I wanted this song to be somewhat slow-paced, not like "Flight".

Anyways, I really like how this turned out and I hope you enjoy!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-02-17 00:32:36

Ahh, Lavender Town. Where do I begin with this town, especially the tune which most people find it creepy, and also it's history. I don't really find this tune creepy actually ( don't judge me ). I was kind of inspired by a myth ( idk ) about this town called the "Missing Frequencies" to make this remix. I don't actually know which genre to put this song in since I was inspired from multiple genres, but I take this as a dubstep-ish type of song. Overall, I'm actually pretty proud of this. Hope you enjoy.

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-02-18 19:30:45

My brother kind of requested me to do this remix, which is one of his favorite themes. To tell you the truth, this is more of a cover than a remix, but eh. I'm a bit satisfied with this song, although I almost gave up halfway through the song, because I kind of messed up some parts, and also the piano was kind of off at that time.

Damn, it was a long time since I've ever played or heard songs from Final Fantasy. Maybe I should replay for nostalgia or something? Heh. Well, hope you enjoy!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-02-18 19:57:15

Hey! I do my own music as well. I upload acoustic covers of songs by Lil Peep/Kodak Black/Jimi Hendrix/Kid Cudi/The Weeknd. I've attached some of my recorded covers down below, hope you enjoy!

Lil Peep - Star Shopping (Acoustic Cover): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KvaEh6sRiE

Kodak Black - Transportin' (Acoustic Cover): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK1sR3Fz6xE

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze (Acoustic Cover): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJsaW6q4LL4

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-02-26 05:38:13

So, I wanted to make a track that is inspired from Undertale which is called "Was My Friend". I wanted this to be a final boss-like it's a fight against a friend. It's supposed have a feeling of battle, but at the same time actually wanting to not kill them, but instead go back to when they were friends. ( I think you could really see where in Undertale I got the inspiration from )

To tell you the truth, I'm not actually too proud of it, so I'm planning to remake this after sometime maybe. But until then, hope you enjoy this! ( maybe )

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-03-13 05:25:21

Well, I rarely see anyone sampling the Super Mario World's overworld's theme and convert into a lo-fi song, so I decided to do it for fun. And it really gave me that funky feel even though I feel like I might've added a little too much reverb on it. But other than that, it's kind of good overall. Some of the sound effects in this song are from the actual Super Mario World game if you were wondering. Hope you enjoy!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-04-01 05:21:11 (edited 2018-04-01 05:23:38)

Welp, been a long time uploading something since last month. I got inspired by listening "Tzachitx" made by some guy called Pilchard. If you were wondering, you can find the song inside the demo songs inside FL Studio. And to me, well, it kind of feels like DnB in the first half of the song, while in the second half there are all those video game vibes in it. I'm actually pretty proud of it.

Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-05-29 20:30:57

So it's been a long time since I've responded to this thread, probs cuz' I don't think anything I make is good enough. But then I kind of wanted to make dubstep again inspired by some future bass, something like what I did to an earlier track called "Butter". And this is what I kind of made. I'm not too proud of the drop tho. But the other parts before the drop? Kind of. I think this will be the last time I do a drop that focuses on growl basses, cuz' I suck at them. Anyways, hope you enjoy this monstrosity of a track.

Response to RonRandom's Music Thread 2018-05-30 22:41:35

So replaying Pokemon, specifically Pokemon Red, there was a lot of tunes that gave me this nostalgia. I decided to remix the first town song in this game, which is Pallet Town. This was also an experimentation on the drums, which are kind of messy in this song, especially the snare clap. I made this as a loop to focus on the production itself, which I'm trying to improve on. Criticism is highly appreciated! With that being said, hope you enjoy!