00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Amino App?

429 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Amino App? 2017-09-09 18:32:09

What exactly is it? o: I keep seeing it everywhere with a bunch of art hosted on it (usually stolen art might I add), and I was wondering what exactly the point of it is. I haven't heard about this place until a while ago, through accidentally stumbling upon it in reverse image searches.
It seems like it's some kind of fandom/community based thing, but the FAQ doesn't really explain it well.

I ask this because I'm curious whether people upload their own art on there, or if it's just a bunch of people just stealing others' work and putting it there.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Amino App? 2017-09-11 15:09:03

Well there are dozens of different Aminos for a lot of topics. So i guess the stolen art will be mostly in Fan-communities sharing art, which most fans don't make themself.
I am on Art-Amino and there people post their own art.

Amino is basically an app for people with similar interests, to share art, discuss, make polls, chat with other fans...
So yeah, some kind of fandom/community based thing.

Response to Amino App? 2017-09-11 15:40:47

At 9/11/17 03:09 PM, Shuizid wrote: Amino is basically an app for people with similar interests, to share art, discuss, make polls, chat with other fans...

Ahh, okay then. ;w; So it's not an art site, just a community-based one?

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Amino App? 2017-09-12 05:26:02

At 9/11/17 03:40 PM, Oddlem wrote: Ahh, okay then. ;w; So it's not an art site, just a community-based one?

There are art-related Aminos and all the Amino are seperate communities, so if you join one, you only are in that one, with the others there.
Kinda reminds me of reddit.

If you are looking for an art-site, you can join art amino and just take a look ;)

Response to Amino App? 2017-09-12 08:47:16 (edited 2017-09-12 08:47:48)

It's basically an App where you can join communities with a certain theme to it. For example, star wars amino is dedicated solely to star wars. they have chats where they talk about it they have polls related to star wars, they have blogs related to star wars, they have quizzes about star wars. its like a theme park.