00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

25th anniversary collab idea

466 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

25th anniversary collab idea 2017-09-06 18:16:58

I have the best idea for a newgrounds game ever.
For the 25th anniversary collab we should have a stickman going through the old mascots of newgrounds!
Just a nice idea I had.

The game is about a stickman going through the universe of newgrounds! Meeting mascots like Pico, Nene, Darnell, Madness, Etc.... I had this very creative idea for a game and I didn't want to pass it up! Hope you guys love the idea. :)

I will be hiring
Artists, Designers, Programmers, Animators, etc....

I hope that this is a good idea! If we want this to be a big game we gotta start early. Just thought it was a nice idea.
Besides I am not the best at making games but I am a expert at organizing collabs. Maybe we can bring back the charm of the old newgrounds flash games along the way?

I will hope to be seeing helpers sometime soon!

25th anniversary collab idea

Response to 25th anniversary collab idea 2017-09-06 18:18:39

Also ignore the picture at the end! I just made that for the forum.

Response to 25th anniversary collab idea 2017-09-07 13:02:05

Hey @Whirlguy wanna talk to this dude?
Self-stayed expert at making collabs, meet actual organiser of the 20th Anniversary Collab.

Response to 25th anniversary collab idea 2017-09-07 16:07:19

At 9/7/17 01:02 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Hey @Whirlguy wanna talk to this dude?
Self-stayed expert at making collabs, meet actual organiser of the 20th Anniversary Collab.

Sure! I don't see why I would not accept this offer... :)

Response to 25th anniversary collab idea 2017-09-07 16:33:42

At 9/7/17 04:07 PM, TermedStew wrote:
At 9/7/17 01:02 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Hey @Whirlguy wanna talk to this dude?
Sure! I don't see why I would not accept this offer... :)

You would need to know the risks involved with a collab, which is why I brought him here. Whirlguy has worked with delays and extenuating circumstances, and knows what is at stake for each one. At the moment, you seem to be painting too idealistic a picture, which makes me wonder if you're even cut out for a job like that.

Response to 25th anniversary collab idea 2017-09-07 20:38:03

Haha @Troisnyx I'm a collab expert now? So much for having a modest introduction :P

I believe the 2020 is when the 25th anniversary will happen right? The idea here is pretty solid. Stick characters definitely have a history here on Newgrounds and since they generally have little personality going on, having a stick figure protagonist is great when the focus isn't on the leading role but rather other characters inside the Newgrounds universe. I'm guessing you intend for this collab to involve musicians, sound designers, voice actors, writers, artists, animators and programmers?

It's pretty worrisome that Adobe will discontinue Flash in 2020. It means a lot of Newgrounds games will stop working in the future (unless that gets patched in the upcoming years). As it is things are very uncertain in the flash area at the moment so it pains me to say this project probably needs a different platform to get itself off the ground.

BBS Signature

Response to 25th anniversary collab idea 2017-09-08 00:34:38

At 9/7/17 08:38 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Haha @Troisnyx I'm a collab expert now? So much for having a modest introduction :P

Talk about sarcasm totally flying over your head.

I was referring to OP, who called himself an expert in organising collabs, but hasn't got anything to show for it. By contrast, you hosted NG20 and are hosting NGAP15.

Response to 25th anniversary collab idea 2017-09-08 07:16:59

At 9/8/17 12:34 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I was referring to OP, who called himself an expert in organising collabs, but hasn't got anything to show for it. By contrast, you hosted NG20 and are hosting NGAP15.

Oh haha, figures! It is indeed pretty awkward to say you're an expert when there's nothing to show for it (but not as awkward as missing a sarcastic remark lol). I mean, Rig managed to host the CTSG collab without any knowledge of Flash, but at least he was already a respected musician at that point.

BBS Signature

Response to 25th anniversary collab idea 2017-09-08 19:43:22

At 9/7/17 08:38 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Haha @Troisnyx I'm a collab expert now? So much for having a modest introduction :P

I believe the 2020 is when the 25th anniversary will happen right? The idea here is pretty solid. Stick characters definitely have a history here on Newgrounds and since they generally have little personality going on, having a stick figure protagonist is great when the focus isn't on the leading role but rather other characters inside the Newgrounds universe. I'm guessing you intend for this collab to involve musicians, sound designers, voice actors, writers, artists, animators and programmers?

It's pretty worrisome that Adobe will discontinue Flash in 2020. It means a lot of Newgrounds games will stop working in the future (unless that gets patched in the upcoming years). As it is things are very uncertain in the flash area at the moment so it pains me to say this project probably needs a different platform to get itself off the ground.

Then maybe this should not be a 25th anniversary collab! Maybe it should be like a celebration of newgrounds or something like that! I see why you say that Adobe might stop doing flash by 2020! If Thats the case then maybe this should be released in a earlier time?