00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help! Simple track mastering!

1,134 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help! Simple track mastering! 2017-09-02 12:23:52

Hey guys, at the moment i have a problem. The track I'm working on is finished, and I've been working on it for months. The other day I took it into mastering, and the song is quiet. All the balances are equal, but whatever I do I can't seem to up the track's volume. Any ideas?

Thanks,
FOXCUB/ Squeegee

Response to Help! Simple track mastering! 2017-09-02 15:46:09

Hmm

Response to Help! Simple track mastering! 2017-09-05 20:04:09

Turn up your headphones.

SoundCloud | Discord: Wojo#0001 |

BBS Signature

Response to Help! Simple track mastering! 2018-01-23 02:24:40

At 9/2/17 12:23 PM, Squeegee4554 wrote: Hey guys, at the moment i have a problem. The track I'm working on is finished, and I've been working on it for months. The other day I took it into mastering, and the song is quiet. All the balances are equal, but whatever I do I can't seem to up the track's volume. Any ideas?

Thanks,
FOXCUB/ Squeegee

Hello I would be able to give you a free 30 second master sample of you track

Response to Help! Simple track mastering! 2018-02-19 10:59:32

At 9/2/17 12:23 PM, Squeegee4554 wrote: Hey guys, at the moment i have a problem. The track I'm working on is finished, and I've been working on it for months. The other day I took it into mastering, and the song is quiet. All the balances are equal, but whatever I do I can't seem to up the track's volume. Any ideas?

Thanks,
FOXCUB/ Squeegee

Hi, pass it through a limiter and set the peaks to -0,5(or choose any between 0 and -0,5) then turn up the volume while watching the RMS signal, I normally let it rest in -9 or -10 but that's up to you, be careful to not saturate the audio, hope it helps. Cheers

Response to Help! Simple track mastering! 2018-02-19 14:18:52

Thanks,
FOXCUB/ Squeegee

For this month i am offering a free master so if its something your interested in check out my front page for more info.

Response to Help! Simple track mastering! 2018-02-19 20:30:41

This isn't super helpful advice because this sounds like something you've worked really really hard on. But-- LANDR mastering service has improved a TON over the years, I personally don't use it much but I do like uploading a track and using it as a rough guide on what my final master should sound close to. Other than that, you can only really compare it to tracks you like that have a great mix/master and get yours as close as possible through compression/eq/use of stereo imaging etc. I'd be happy to give a listen if you pm it to me

Thanks,
FOXCUB/ Squeegee

Response to Help! Simple track mastering! 2018-02-22 07:48:57

yo bro, double check the master volume before you rendered that track my dude then just re-render you don't need us if you truly think things could be louder consider high velocity on different instruments what it really sounds like is your track isn't actually finished ;)