00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Twinspurr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm little bit concerned...

1,323 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-28 04:36:21

Okay, this has not happened long long time ago, this happened very recently and I'm getting concerned more and more everyday so I decided to post this.

At August 10th, this year, I received PM from @lightninggamer190 with this message:

Title : use/youtube
Content : can i us this music in my youtube video? if i can i will show your name.

I sent three replies:

1. Hi there,
Thanks so much for the PM.
What song do you specifically want to use?
Please let me know.

Thanks again,
Jessie

(Sent August 10th)

2. Hi there,
Sorry for two PMs, but you are allowed to use any music I've composed. Just let me know which song do you want to use in your video and please also send me the details briefly about your video :)

Thank you very much,
Jessie

(Sent August 10th)

3. Please let me know the YouTube link where you used the song after you completed it.
Thanks a lot,

Jessie

(August 18th)

After this, no reply came.

I'm just worried because he's not giving any information that I can trust.

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

Visit My Official Portfolio!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-28 05:49:01

At 8/28/17 05:46 AM, ZStriefel wrote:
At 8/28/17 04:36 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Okay, this has not happened long long time ago, this happened very recently and I'm getting concerned more and more everyday so I decided to post this.

What exactly are you concerned about?

I was worried if he stole my music and used for his own beneficial purposes. I can't trust him since he didn't replied my PM.

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-28 05:52:14

Also I wrote this on my first page, quote:

I'm just worried because he's not giving any information that I can trust.

At 8/28/17 05:46 AM, ZStriefel wrote:
At 8/28/17 04:36 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Okay, this has not happened long long time ago, this happened very recently and I'm getting concerned more and more everyday so I decided to post this.

What exactly are you concerned about?

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-28 05:56:19

Thanks for the reply. :)

At 8/28/17 05:54 AM, ZStriefel wrote: it's probably just a kid with a let's play channel :) looks like he took the time to make a NG account just to ask for permission, his account was created on the date he contacted you. I wouldn't be concerned, he probably just hasn't checked his PMs.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-28 18:24:45

If you're really worried that he's abusing your rights or something, search for him on YT and see what he's doing with your music. If he isn't keeping up his part of the bargain and you can't reach him, you can always claim rights infringement on YT.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

At 8/28/17 06:24 PM, ADR3-N wrote: If you're really worried that he's abusing your rights or something, search for him on YT and see what he's doing with your music.

Yes, I did that. And the problem is, I can't find him.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-29 09:45:41

At 8/28/17 06:59 PM, jessieyun0404 wrote:
At 8/28/17 06:24 PM, ADR3-N wrote: If you're really worried that he's abusing your rights or something, search for him on YT and see what he's doing with your music.
Yes, I did that. And the problem is, I can't find him.

Did you do that by searching your music? Like, typed your own username into the YT search bar and see if anything cropped up?

Because then the alternatives are, either that has happened, or he didn't use anything at all, or something else altogether...

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-29 10:21:43

At 8/28/17 05:49 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: I was worried if he stole my music and used for his own beneficial purposes. I can't trust him since he didn't replied my PM.

they could've done that without asking you first too though, so it's not really worth worrying about

p.s. i am gay

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-29 17:29:11

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-29 18:23:09

Unfortunately.... Yes. Did all :(
But still... Nothing found.

At 8/29/17 09:45 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Did you do that by searching your music? Like, typed your own username into the YT search bar and see if anything cropped up?

Because then the alternatives are, either that has happened, or he didn't use anything at all, or something else altogether...

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-29 18:24:09

Then... just leave it alone and let them sell it or anything?!

At 8/29/17 10:21 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 8/28/17 05:49 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: I was worried if he stole my music and used for his own beneficial purposes. I can't trust him since he didn't replied my PM.
they could've done that without asking you first too though, so it's not really worth worrying about

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-29 18:25:03

Haha, that could be one option.

At 8/29/17 05:29 PM, DarkHorseOrchestra wrote: This is why you do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfOks3lNtxw

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

At 8/29/17 06:24 PM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Then... just leave it alone and let them sell it or anything?!

well, yea. like it's not even just this guy (who in all likelihood is just a teenager with a let's play channel), literally *anyone* could've already downloaded your stuff and stuck it on some dodgy commercial streaming service and you would never know.

i'm not saying that you should never protect your copyright, but the current situation is out of your control. so save your energy for when you actually find evidence of somebody using your stuff illegally instead of panicking and chasing down kids on youtube.

p.s. i am gay

Response to I'm little bit concerned... 2017-08-30 03:04:35

Oh, okay. Got your advice. Thanks. :)

At 8/29/17 10:18 PM, midimachine wrote: i'm not saying that you should never protect your copyright, but the current situation is out of your control. so save your energy for when you actually find evidence of somebody using your stuff illegally instead of panicking and chasing down kids on youtube.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature