• 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer

Hey everyone! My nickname is IIITesTerIII, but you may also call me Chris. Anyways, I'm willing to organize a pretty big and epic 2d video game collaboration between a bunch of people. If this sounds interesting to you so far, definitely read along ;)

So, basically, I have a huge dream of publishing a game or generally any content on the site that the people will appreciate, so now I'm setting my goal to creating video games on Newgrounds. I, unfortunately, can not take all the aspects of creating a video game on my own, so this is why I would like to collaborate with some nice people and make something cool xD

Now I'll just briefly list the entire project workflow in general: You can take on any role in the project that you want (artist, music creator/picker, sound design, game ideas etc.).

This project is completely meant to be just a side activity, no one is forced to work hard, there's no money involved, it's just 4 fun and meant to be a hobby. The ony requirement is for you to stay in the group until the project is completely done AND accomplish all the requirements of your role. You also have complete freedom of doing everything the way you want, unless the entire group or most of it agrees on a specific style.

Now that we got that out of the way, you pretty much now know everything needed for the collab. I take on the role of the organizer, tester and publisher of the product. Everyone involved will obviously be credited in the game :3

Just write down below if you're interested AND what role you'd like to pick for the game ( then again, you may work however you want, just don't quit the project in the middle of its making ). Once we gather around 10 people or atleast enough members for all the different aspects of the game, I'll message all the participants and will try to find a way of gathering them all in a grop. I promise, this is going to be fun ^^

Anyone interested in a game collab?

While you're reading this, I'm stealing your cookies...

Big-Boss
Big-Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Writer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-07 05:54:02 Reply

At 8/6/17 02:00 PM, IIITesTerIII wrote: Hey everyone! My nickname is IIITesTerIII, but you may also call me Chris. Anyways, I'm willing to organize a pretty big and epic 2d video game collaboration between a bunch of people. If this sounds interesting to you so far, definitely read along ;)

Are you looking for a writer for your collab?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

Sig by Homicidee.

BBS Signature
IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-07 07:01:35 Reply

At 8/7/17 05:54 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 8/6/17 02:00 PM, IIITesTerIII wrote: Hey everyone! My nickname is IIITesTerIII, but you may also call me Chris. Anyways, I'm willing to organize a pretty big and epic 2d video game collaboration between a bunch of people. If this sounds interesting to you so far, definitely read along ;)

Hmm, maybe... what does the writer exactly do in such collabs? In case he writes the storyline, I don't necessarily think so since I also have ideas, but multiple people could work on the storyline at the same time too

Big-Boss
Big-Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Writer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-07 07:16:17 Reply

At 8/7/17 07:01 AM, IIITesTerIII wrote:
At 8/7/17 05:54 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
Hmm, maybe... what does the writer exactly do in such collabs? In case he writes the storyline, I don't necessarily think so since I also have ideas, but multiple people could work on the storyline at the same time too

Well, if you need a storyline, I'd be happy to be one of the people to write a story for you.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

Sig by Homicidee.

BBS Signature
IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-07 08:10:24 Reply

Well, if you need a storyline, I'd be happy to be one of the people to write a story for you.

Ok, interesting, thanks for standing by, if I'll really need you I'll let you know ;)

K-oztron
K-oztron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-12 13:39:55 Reply

Are you looking for someone to compose music for the game? If so, pm me :)

IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-12 15:16:28 Reply

At 8/12/17 01:39 PM, K-oztron wrote: Are you looking for someone to compose music for the game? If so, pm me :)

Ok, huge thanks for the offer!
Now just waiting for more people to join the collab ;3

dclem05
dclem05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-12 16:43:28 Reply

I'm willing to help on this game collaboration, if in exchange some people might be willing to work with me on my project as well. There is a game on Kindle/Android devices called "Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic" in which is an old school RPG game that relies on more of clever/fun story line and game play than advance graphics and game engine.

If I (and perhaps some other) could reverse engineer some of the code and features and/or get some of it from the game makers themselves, I believe it could then be used to make a game of my own and/or a game that the people who worked with me could agree on.

Well thats my thoughts on it anyways... :D

Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U2KWRQI/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o06_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic [PC] The Making of Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP5pCI1SmuI

dclem05
dclem05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-12 16:45:16 Reply

At 8/7/17 05:54 AM, Big-Boss wrote: Are you looking for a writer for your collab?

Just so you know ...I could use a writer for my game collab idea. :)

dclem05
dclem05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-12 16:46:47 Reply

At 8/12/17 01:39 PM, K-oztron wrote: Are you looking for someone to compose music for the game? If so, pm me :)

Also I could use a someone who can compose music for my game collab idea too. :)

IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-12 16:47:54 Reply

At 8/12/17 04:45 PM, dclem05 wrote:
At 8/7/17 05:54 AM, Big-Boss wrote: Are you looking for a writer for your collab?
Just so you know ...I could use a writer for my game collab idea. :)

Great! I have already a few people gathered together, let's just wait a bit longer and see what will come out in the end ;3

IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-12 16:49:37 Reply

At 8/12/17 04:46 PM, dclem05 wrote:
Also I could use a someone who can compose music for my game collab idea too. :)

Soo, ok, what would you offer in this game collab particularly? Is there anything you're really good at? :)

dclem05
dclem05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-12 17:40:49 Reply

At 8/12/17 04:49 PM, IIITesTerIII wrote:
Soo, ok, what would you offer in this game collab particularly? Is there anything you're really good at? :)

I have an AS degree in computer systems, have spent about 10+ in IT doing things from repairing PCs, writing code, creating web pages, fixing network issues, etc and I use to study game theory/design a few years ago as a hobby and even beta tested a game or two.

Like most people I have never written a game from scratch from start to finish and then published it myself. Unless you count the most simple game which all they require is someone to compile the code and/or copy file from one machine to the next like in the 80's; which I did as a teen. However when someone has a general background in a variety of jobs/tasks doing IT, I believe it is a skill in and of itself in it's own way that is sort of hard from someone that hasn't done it themselves to appreciate since some of the things one needs to do requires them to be able to learn on the fly.

makestuff
makestuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-13 04:21:41 Reply

I'd like to contribute my voice, as needed. You can listen to my demo here:

• Character voice demo
    Character voice demo by makestuff

Short demo showing a range of characters I can voice

Score
    4.64 / 5.00
    Type
    Voice
    Genre
    Voice Demo
    Popularity

IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-13 04:30:59 Reply

At 8/12/17 05:40 PM, dclem05 wrote:
At 8/12/17 04:49 PM, IIITesTerIII wrote:
I have an AS degree in computer systems, have spent about 10+ in IT doing things from repairing PCs, writing code, creating web pages, fixing network issues, etc and I use to study game theory/design a few years ago as a hobby and even beta tested a game or two.

Like most people I have never written a game from scratch from start to finish and then published it myself. Unless you count the most simple game which all they require is someone to compile the code and/or copy file from one machine to the next like in the 80's; which I did as a teen. However when someone has a general background in a variety of jobs/tasks doing IT, I believe it is a skill in and of itself in it's own way that is sort of hard from someone that hasn't done it themselves to appreciate since some of the things one needs to do requires them to be able to learn on the fly.

Ok, sounds really great! Yeah, I once basically tried to create a game completely by myself, most of the time it is possible and not too bad, but sometimes I just don't know how to continue since critical errors occur and/or I just don't know how to make something work. It's usually not really a bunch of things that make it hard for me, but usually a couple that require quite some knowledge in a certain area.
Anyways, yeah, I'll keep responding to what people are offering for the collab and we'll see later what a team we will have :)

IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-13 04:34:49 Reply

At 8/13/17 04:21 AM, makestuff wrote: I'd like to contribute my voice, as needed. You can listen to my demo here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/590431

Wow! It sounded great! Really like it, can certainly be used for a bunch of different scenarios etc.
Ok, you can definitely participate once I find a couple more people ^^

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Game Developer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-13 10:26:56 Reply

I always wanted to do a game collab where you play a very simple game for 30 seconds and then automatically loads the next game (each by a different person,) with the score carrying over between each one.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-13 14:22:36 Reply

At 8/13/17 10:26 AM, Kwing wrote: I always wanted to do a game collab where you play a very simple game for 30 seconds and then automatically loads the next game (each by a different person,) with the score carrying over between each one.

Hmm, so do you mean like that everyone creates a small minigame (usually with very simple and straightforward controls) and that it also switches after some time over to a game by another person with its own unique style?

makestuff
makestuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-13 15:57:48 Reply

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

At 8/13/17 04:34 AM, IIITesTerIII wrote:
Wow! It sounded great! Really like it, can certainly be used for a bunch of different scenarios etc.
Ok, you can definitely participate once I find a couple more people ^^
TheDoubleOne
TheDoubleOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-14 14:12:47 Reply

I could do some music if you'd like

IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-14 14:54:46 Reply

At 8/14/17 02:12 PM, TheDoubleOne wrote: I could do some music if you'd like

Ok, thanks for the offer!

dclem05
dclem05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-16 00:58:00 Reply

At 8/13/17 10:26 AM, Kwing wrote: I always wanted to do a game collab where you play a very simple game for 30 seconds and then automatically loads the next game (each by a different person,) with the score carrying over between each one.

What about minigames within a game itself? I know that may be a bit too conventional but what is sort of common practice for advance games, such as final fantasy, is for them to incorporate minigames in them for player to use in order to gain something which might help them later on and/or for fun. Also the advantage with this is that sometime a player can focus on the minigames they like to play and just barely get thru the ones they find too frustrating. Of course this is just my two cents on the subject but it might be helpful when used in a bigger game i think.

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Game Developer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-16 01:04:06 Reply

At 8/16/17 12:58 AM, dclem05 wrote: What about minigames within a game itself? I know that may be a bit too conventional but what is sort of common practice for advance games, such as final fantasy, is for them to incorporate minigames in them for player to use in order to gain something which might help them later on and/or for fun. Also the advantage with this is that sometime a player can focus on the minigames they like to play and just barely get thru the ones they find too frustrating. Of course this is just my two cents on the subject but it might be helpful when used in a bigger game i think.

Too separated, I think. People would pick out their favorites and some people would get ignored (no surprise, some games would be flat-out better.) But I like the idea of something more fast-paced where you don't get to dwell or obsess over a single game.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-16 08:38:21 Reply

At 8/16/17 01:04 AM, Kwing wrote:
At 8/16/17 12:58 AM, dclem05 wrote: What about minigames within a game itself? I know that may be a bit too conventional but what is sort of common practice for advance games, such as final fantasy, is for them to incorporate minigames in them for player to use in order to gain something which might help them later on and/or for fun. Also the advantage with this is that sometime a player can focus on the minigames they like to play and just barely get thru the ones they find too frustrating. Of course this is just my two cents on the subject but it might be helpful when used in a bigger game i think.
Too separated, I think. People would pick out their favorites and some people would get ignored (no surprise, some games would be flat-out better.) But I like the idea of something more fast-paced where you don't get to dwell or obsess over a single game.

I don't think that the idea of the mini games in a full game would be a bad idea, the length of the project will tell us whether this will be possible in the future.

I don't really know yet in what direction the game project will even go, will it be a complicated RPG? Or more like just an adventure game with different stories? I'll just wait until all the slots for the people needed are filled and then we'll discuss the general concept of the game and its details. But yeah, the minigame idea is not too bad.

Thanks anyways for all those who are still here for the future game project ^^

dclem05
dclem05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-19 01:17:39 Reply

At 8/16/17 01:04 AM, Kwing wrote:

I guess it is even plausible to do both..mini-games in the final project with either games by themselves and/or with others during testing phases being published on newgrounds and potentially other sites as well. I believe on swfchan nearly anyone can create a flash game or movie and publish it if they want to although I don't know the number of people that will see it without it being broadcast in some way. I'm guessing that time is the biggest limiting factor but I may be wrong.

JacobusMusic
JacobusMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-21 08:27:48 Reply

Hello all.
Sounds like fun! Im wiling to join the collab as music/sound producer/composer if you are looking for one. I do mostly rock but also am able to do allot of other genres and styles.

mostly rock stuff here : https://soundcloud.com/wouterlandzaat

electronic stuff : https://vimeo.com/65964639

• Deserted Land
    Deserted Land by JacobusMusic

Mediaval film music

Score
    4.24 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

got shit loads more, lemme know if the projects starts rolling ;)

Greetings,
Jacobus

IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-21 09:27:34 Reply

At 8/21/17 08:27 AM, JacobusMusic wrote: Hello all.
Sounds like fun! Im wiling to join the collab as music/sound producer/composer if you are looking for one. I do mostly rock but also am able to do allot of other genres and styles.

mostly rock stuff here : https://soundcloud.com/wouterlandzaat

electronic stuff : https://vimeo.com/65964639
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/509342
got shit loads more, lemme know if the projects starts rolling ;)

Greetings,
Jacobus

Looks very interesting! Ok, you're in :D
Right now I'm making a list with everyone who's in the collab and their roles. I think I'll send out a sheet to everyone who participates (it will be pretty much the same for everyone) where they can specify a couple of things, like name, what they exactly offer again in general etc. So expect something soon :3

Migeru
Migeru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-30 03:49:58 Reply

This seems to be an old post, but I will keep my hope up.
If you are looking for a programmer, count on me.
I don't have experience developing games, but I will give my best. Currently learning how to Haxe (Flixel), and I'm used to the Java syntax.
Hope I can be of help.

BBS Signature
IIITesTerIII
IIITesTerIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-30 04:47:27 Reply

At 8/30/17 03:49 AM, Migeru wrote: This seems to be an old post, but I will keep my hope up.
If you are looking for a programmer, count on me.
I don't have experience developing games, but I will give my best. Currently learning how to Haxe (Flixel), and I'm used to the Java syntax.
Hope I can be of help.

I've actually already sent a letter to all the participants, but it's still possible for a few to be excluded and added. We actually got a bunchh of programmers, but OK, I accept you ;)

Anyways, if someone is reading this post: WE CURRENTLY DO NOT NEED ANY MORE MEMBERS. UNLESS YOU'RE AN ARTIST OR A VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS, THEN WE'LL DEFINITELY ACCEPT YOU. But as of now, I think we have more than enough members in most of the other categories

FireFoxxy
FireFoxxy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Anyone interested in a game collab? 2017-08-30 18:22:37 Reply

any news when we be starting?