00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G U A C Final Round 2017

6,801 Views | 143 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 07:45:17

Dang, didn't make it... oh well, I didn't expect too much anyway! Congrats to those who did make it in and good luck!

Looks like i didnt make it but didnt really expect to get this far, thanks everyone for being great competitors this year! I realized after listening to some of the tracks that i mightve not made it! See you all next year hopefully!

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 08:00:16

I can't believe I made it into the final round this time... Now it's time to try to make a song better than my last one >.<

I don't need to win though. My song got featured on the front page of Newgrounds for a couple weeks, so if I win, I might want to hand it off to someone else. Would that be possible?

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 08:04:21

At 8/1/17 08:00 AM, LucasMasoch wrote: I don't need to win though. My song got featured on the front page of Newgrounds for a couple weeks, so if I win, I might want to hand it off to someone else. Would that be possible?

Give it to me man, i never get frontpaged lol.

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 08:08:27

Huh, melodic dubstep vs progressive house vs cinematic fusion. Bring it on I guess, once it fully sets in for me that I actually made it to the finals.

"what if, when you die, you go to a great mayonnaise city in the sky, where dark lord mayo rules over all." -stardew, 1/1/2018

Ahhhh I was so close! But I'm happy I got that high anyways. Thanks for the awesome contest guys! :)

Also good luck to everyone else in the contest, hope you guys have fun too ^^

I am a multimedia developer who makes music, programs, games, art, and more. Currently working on my operating system simulator ME-OS!

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 08:19:54

Aw dang. Sad to have to see me go from this but it was cool to participate regardless. Congratulations to those who made it and good luck in the final round.

Also if I could steal a review/critique of my KO track, that would be delicious.

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 08:44:22

At 8/1/17 01:09 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: ALL-STARS

WOOHOO highest score to lowest score let's go!!!

I had writer's block so no surprise there :P CONGRATS THOSE WHO MADE IT AND GL! I'll still be following this thread closely

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 10:56:35

Oh damn I made it to the final round O.O
what an honor to be here among those talented musicians.
But I gotta improve even more to top my last score
next goal: at least a 9.something ;)

good luck to everyone

and thanks to all judges and participants so far, this is such a fun competition :D

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 10:57:16

I'm not exactly sure what made my track only a 6, but no matter. This was a lot of fun to take part in, and even though it's been a little exhausting juggling this and work, it did help kick start me back into my music again somehow. Since this competition started, I've already learned an extensive part of one of my favorite compositions on piano, learned some more advanced music theory, and been working on a small video game soundtrack. So I do owe that to this competition. Thanks to everyone involved in this, and I wish the finalists the best of luck.

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 11:17:48

oh boy! I didn't make it.. but I enjoyed that!
Good luck everyone!

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 11:21:34

All righty, I've just sent out PMs with a score breakdown for everyone I judged. If I judged your track (All Stars, Above Average Joes, Professional Amateurs) and you haven't received one, let me know!

As always, I encourage the participants to ask for detailed feedback and criticism from their judges - that's perhaps the biggest benefit of the whole NGUAC!

Looking forward to what you craft up for the final round, competitors...

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 11:32:34

@Joey4track Yes, that should be fine, as long as the client is okay with it.

@LucasMasoch That's very generous of you, but ultimately users get front-paged at the discretion of the mods, so you'll have to ask one of them about it. ;)

@MithyxSounds I did, but that was assuming everyone would submit. The acceptances are a percentage of those who submit, not a flat number. Sorry to be misleading, but 3/14 and 6/24 are roughly the same acceptance rates (21% and 24%, respectively).

Now, to post my reviews...

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 11:54:09

At 8/1/17 01:03 AM, Zelgeon wrote: Top scorer again :0

same lol

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 11:57:34

At 8/1/17 11:54 AM, hhdhwuus wrote:
same lol

Is this @Daluxmusic's alt or something?

BBS Signature

At 8/1/17 11:57 AM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 8/1/17 11:54 AM, hhdhwuus wrote:
same lol
Is this @Daluxmusic's alt or something?

hhdhwuus is Fhyre :)
He made the account recently - he is new to NG.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 13:44:19

At 8/1/17 12:50 PM, daluxmusic wrote: hhdhwuus is Fhyre :)
He made the account recently - he is new to NG.

Oh, cool! I was wondering whether Fhyre had an account...

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 15:27:01

At 8/1/17 10:57 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: I'm not exactly sure what made my track only a 6, but no matter. This was a lot of fun to take part in, and even though it's been a little exhausting juggling this and work, it did help kick start me back into my music again somehow. been working on a small video game soundtrack. Thanks to everyone involved in this, and I wish the finalists the best of luck.

lol pretty much took the words straight out of my mouth, but eh, I'm not too upset. I kinda figured it.

Thank you to the judges for the very high marks! Averaging an 8.1 out of 10 is pretty damn good, especially when you consider only one person in our bracket got a 9. Thank you @TaintedLogic for letting @teddygram and myself participate. We got a great song out of it and we are now going to distribute it to iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Play, and pretty much every other major online retailer. Looking forward to entering this contest next year!

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-01 20:42:15

At 8/1/17 07:49 PM, Vinstigator wrote: Thank you @TaintedLogic for letting @teddygram and myself participate.

You're totally welcome! Best of luck with your future projects, guys. :)

BBS Signature

GL to everyone who managed to get into this round!

Ew deen ot elvos eht melborp.

I didn't think i was gonna make it tbh

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-03 15:37:59

Today's our birthday! Yay!

Zelgeon, musicians, producers, and artists. (Pronounced "ZEL-jun")

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-03 19:28:15

Since I will be out of town for two weeks from tomorrow, I have to submit my track already now.
I really did not expect to come this far, thanks to all of you and best of luck for the final round!
It was an honor..

Alter Ego (Part 2)

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-04 22:21:29

"ProTip"

Even if you didn't "make it."

Create another track anyway.

And keep doing that.Even if you don't post it onto Newgrounds. Make another track. Just do it.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-05 02:36:49

At 8/4/17 10:21 PM, frootza wrote: "ProTip"

Even if you didn't "make it."

Create another track anyway.

And keep doing that.Even if you don't post it onto Newgrounds. Make another track. Just do it.

That's right! ;D

Zelgeon, musicians, producers, and artists. (Pronounced "ZEL-jun")

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-05 13:56:41

So when, technically was the start of this round?

I have a song I started on July 31st and just finished it now, is that too early? I remember there was a mention that we could have started earlier because the results were pushed back? Haha, trying to get this song in on a technicality I know.. but if that is too early I can work on something else, just want to know my options here, lol.

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-05 14:05:02

At 8/5/17 01:56 PM, Joey4Track wrote: I have a song I started on July 31st

That's fine! We started allowing people to work on their tracks on the 30th. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C Final Round 2017 2017-08-05 14:14:50

At 8/5/17 02:05 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 8/5/17 01:56 PM, Joey4Track wrote: I have a song I started on July 31st
That's fine! We started allowing people to work on their tracks on the 30th. ;)

Ah great thanks! This will be my backup if I can't come up with something before the deadline, lol

BBS Signature