00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How does one get scouted?

291 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How does one get scouted? 2017-07-28 11:57:00

Seeing as one's creation does not appear on the subjected portal, how does one get scouted? Do you actively promote your creations, or can other people still somehow see it?

Response to How does one get scouted? 2017-07-28 12:11:04

By "actively promote your creations" as in "create an art thread in the Art Forum," then yes.

Create an art thread and constantly post your stuff there regularly. At some point, someone will look at your work and if someone likes it, someone will scout you.

Though #1 rule, never ask to be scouted.

Response to How does one get scouted? 2017-07-28 12:46:20

At 7/28/17 12:11 PM, ValterValyun wrote: By "actively promote your creations" as in "create an art thread in the Art Forum," then yes.

Create an art thread and constantly post your stuff there regularly. At some point, someone will look at your work and if someone likes it, someone will scout you.

I see. Guess I'd better get my ass in motion. I did also see later on that you can review the audio from un-scouted artists in the audio portal. Thanks anyways

Response to How does one get scouted? 2017-07-28 12:54:40

At 7/28/17 12:46 PM, Miakoda wrote:
At 7/28/17 12:11 PM, ValterValyun wrote: By "actively promote your creations" as in "create an art thread in the Art Forum," then yes.

I see. Guess I'd better get my ass in motion. I did also see later on that you can review the audio from un-scouted artists in the audio portal. Thanks anyways

Oh, you were only speaking about the Audio Portal? Whoops, thought you meant the Art Portal.

Well at least you found that answer.

Response to How does one get scouted? 2017-07-28 13:09:06

At 7/28/17 12:54 PM, ValterValyun wrote:
At 7/28/17 12:46 PM, Miakoda wrote:

Oh, you were only speaking about the Audio Portal? Whoops, thought you meant the Art Portal.

Well at least you found that answer.

Yeah, I recently uploaded a remaster of an old project I once did when I noticed that I had to be scouted for things like downloads and such to take effect. Thanks for taking the time to help a NG newcomer anyways