• 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
EspiDev
EspiDev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician

Does anyone have any tips on getting started with future bass? I have been trying to make it for quite a while now but I always end up with another genre since I could never find a good way to do the chordss... Any links to good tutorials would be appreciated!

Bunnies are great. Wait, are they kissing? O.o

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Getting started on future bass? 2017-07-23 02:51:33 Reply

Future bass uses a lot of major7/major 9 and minor 7/minor 9 chords so that would be a good place to start with those extended chords.

Sound design wise the chords are usually just saw and square waves with an lfo or some other form of automation on their volume and or cutoff. Depends what style of future bass your going for but it's usually good to layer your chords to help achieve a fuller sound, with the higher layer being more stereo wide and mixing in some white noise to fill the top end.

As for arrangement I would recommend listening to some tunes you like and taking note where each section changes and how long each part is.
Hope that helps, I have been starting to give it a shot myself so let me know if you need any further tips.

Check out my EP ''Joystick Junkie''

BBS Signature
EspiDev
EspiDev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Getting started on future bass? 2017-07-23 04:35:32 Reply

Thanks! Are there any plugins you recommend to do the chords? I have been using harmor and changing the freq every chord but I just wanted to know how other people have done it.

Bunnies are great. Wait, are they kissing? O.o

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Getting started on future bass? 2017-07-23 05:05:51 Reply

At 7/23/17 04:35 AM, EspiDev wrote: Thanks! Are there any plugins you recommend to do the chords? I have been using harmor and changing the freq every chord but I just wanted to know how other people have done it.

Pretty much any decent synth you are comfortable using. I use massive and serum. Also i use lfo tool on a group bus so i can have all my chord layers move to the same automation, just makes it easy that way.

Check out my EP ''Joystick Junkie''

BBS Signature