00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do You Think About GTA V?

838 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-19 18:39:30

I see a lot of people comparing GTA V to a lot of other open world games, saying it's better than Mafia II or III, Saints Row The Third or IV, Watch Dogs 1 or 2.
Imo, GTA V its not like an AWESOME INCREDIBLE UNBELIEVABLE game. I do like the online a lot, tho. And i have fun playing the campaign.
What do YOU think?

What do You Think About GTA V?

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-19 18:51:32

Great graphics - Even on Xbox 360.

Still, it's getting old. And I'm waiting for news of the next GTA game: Which should be due in 2018.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-19 22:20:47

Finished single player a few years ago and never bothered with it ever again. Heard there's a lot of hate on the game recently because of Rockstar and Take Two's policies ragarding online play.

What I absolutely love about GTA V is the amount of detail and effort put into the game. It seems like every single part of the map has something interesting or neat about it.
For example, you spend maybe a minute or two inside Lester's house for a few mission's cutscenes (which you can skip), and then you can never go back in there. But it's filled with soo many little details that show you what kind of person Lester is (http://imgur.com/a/woKoZ)

Personally I don't care too much for the online but it seems fun.
Also the mod controversy was quite spicy.
Also shoutout to the Chiliad Mystery https://www.reddit.com/r/chiliadmystery/

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-22 12:06:44

Meh
I didn't even enjoy GTA until GTA3 was out in all its 3D glory was released on the PS2. Since then i've played a million better versions. IMO Saints row does it the best. But GTA is still a fun series to play. GTA 5 was neat but did nothing as far as new or interesting content goes. Told a funny story and had some cool main characters. Since i played that game from start to finish with out being online a single time i can say it was only meant to be played on line. Which is bullshit. 80% of the single player content is inaccessible if your not connected to the internet. So for me its was mostly a huge headache because i kept getting indications that i need to be online to access this aspect of a single player game experience.

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-22 16:32:22

Its pretty fun. The urbs are alright, but its the wild parts of the world that get my interest.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-23 14:20:45

I think it's great and honestly don't understand how people can say that IV was better.

I don't play or care about the online mode; but the single player alone is worth the price.

BBS Signature

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-24 01:01:44

At 7/19/17 06:39 PM, imTsuna wrote: I see a lot of people comparing GTA V to a lot of other open world games, saying it's better than Mafia II or III, Saints Row The Third or IV, Watch Dogs 1 or 2.
Imo, GTA V its not like an AWESOME INCREDIBLE UNBELIEVABLE game. I do like the online a lot, tho. And i have fun playing the campaign.
What do YOU think?

It really takes a while to get into, but I'm starting to appreciate how much better the PC port is in comparison to GTA4 and the world is massive. Its not 10/10 like people make it out to be and I prefer RDR more, but it still fun to play every now and then, even if the world takes forever to get around.

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-24 06:49:39

I love and hate it. Tons of fun to play, lots of time can be spent doing whatever you want.

I hate that they also made it online. All that work making it work online, jackasses constantly trying to find a work around to playing fair, they could have just put all that time and money into a better single player experience.

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-25 02:19:38

I'm a huge fan of the Grand Theft auto series, because of the detail with which the open world is constructed.
I have to say i was kinda disappointed when GTA V was released, simply because i was expecting kinda of a different game, but with time it has become one of my favourites.
The best thing with GTA V is the construction of the world; at first it looks a bit small and not so varied but with time you realise how every single spot is incredibly well characterised and developed and you soon forgive the lack of some additional landscapes (like the desert from San Andreas).
Unlike some people i also enjoyed the story, despite it being a bit too short for being about 3 characters.
Unfortunately everything moves a bit too fast and the relationships between the characters evolve way too quickly, breaking somehow the illusion.
That said GTA V is an incredible achievement, specially on a technical level, and it features an incredible coherence.
Maybe Saints Row IV is more "fun" (in its pure meaning) and maybe other games might excel in some areas, but GTA V (like all the other GTAs) is simply very good in everything and excellent in some things.

BBS Signature

At 7/19/17 06:51 PM, Painbringer wrote: The next GTA game: Which should be due in 2018.

More like 2020, if we're lucky.
I'm expecting a trailer in late 2018 (after Red Dead Redemption 2's release) with a release date in 2020.
Meanwhile an aggressive marketing campaign to ramp up the preorders (despite me HUGELY discouraging to preorder games in general).

I hope with all my heart it will be set in the past again; my dream would be in the 80s again, but the 70s would be nice as well (or 1995)

BBS Signature

The single player campaign was, imo, one of the weakest in the series. It had its high points and I liked bits, sure. The multiple characters thing was a nice throwback to GTA1 and Trevor really nailed the classic GTA archetype. But overall, I preferred GTA4 and the expansions, in terms of plot, as well as older ones from the series - admitting to nostalgia tinted glasses too.

Online however is awesome. So much awesome content. I've killed hundreds of hours in that and there's parts of it I'll never even touch. (Probably a good 100hr just in lobbies and loading screens, amirite??;D)
Really though, it's great. I can understand Rockstar not wanting modders in online but clamping on single player mods is one of the most dickish moves in all of modding history. It was a real nasty snarl at the modding community from the biggest player among all videogame publishers. Catering to needy console peasants' whinging.

At 7/25/17 02:24 AM, OrangeWedge wrote: More like 2020, if we're lucky.

I hate it when development cycles keep getting longer.

They should find a way to "film on location", instead of having to generate each and every building by hand.

I hope with all my heart it will be set in the past again; my dream would be in the 80s again, but the 70s would be nice as well (or 1995)

Back in the GTA Stories days, I was hoping they'd make a San Andreas Stories, set in 1976.

I can just imagine, driving down the desert highway, in a VW bus, with Play That Funky Music and Free Ride playing on the car radio.

But a remake of the original, set in 1997, with all three cities on one big map, would also be good.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-25 14:03:57

At 7/19/17 06:39 PM, imTsuna wrote:
What do YOU think?

i mean when it came out it was pretty damn nice and it progressed but after a while it gets boring and repetitive

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-25 17:04:08

I am not impressed by it. Hand to hand combat I just shit. Cops are idiots. Shoot someone will not make them limp. Gta IV had excellent mma style hand to hand combat, driving was way better, people will limp if they get shot in the leg, cops were smarter than in gta V. GTA IV was better than its sequel in many ways so just get the 4th one instead

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-25 17:27:09

At 7/19/17 06:39 PM, imTsuna wrote: I see a lot of people comparing GTA V to a lot of other open world games, saying it's better than Mafia II or III, Saints Row The Third or IV, Watch Dogs 1 or 2.
What do YOU think?

Gg

h.

BBS Signature

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-26 20:24:50

I used to like GTA when I was a kid but it lost its charm after a while. I gave GTAV a shot and it was alright. Getting in police shootouts and killing people gets stale pretty quickly though. I had the most fun just walking around and looking at the scenery. I found a sick-ass art museum that didn't seem to have any plot significance or missions surrounding it. There's a lot of detail put into GTA's maps and I don't think it's appreciated enough.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-27 01:38:52

GTA is getting to the point where it's not even a game anymore but a tool used to model real life.

BBS Signature

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-29 12:31:43

It was fun when it first released, but now it is kind of dated and losing its luster. I like the way they kept adding new 'FREE' DLC overtime for the online portion in an attempt to keep it 'fresh', but everything is soo ridiculously overpriced. So either you buy 'Shark Cards, or try to grind it out.

I also hate how you cant use NPC's for Heist missions, and how the game forces you to be in public lobbies when doing side mission such as gunrunning, delivering goods etc., basically because other live players can interfere with your operation and destroy everything it took you so long to get which becomes a complete waste of time/effort. Also Survival mode would be fun if the payout was more than 30k cuz wasting 30-35mins for only 30k is pointless. Also games like golf,darts,tennis are completely pointless to play since you cant bet on these games, so I don't know why R* even added them in.

I also dislike the time factor penalty in this game as you literately have to spend hours of real time to accomplish minimal task to make fake in game currency. And say after you make a car/drug/crate delivery, it makes you wait 5-20 mins before you can make another drop off. Why?

Once you realize the whole purpose of the game is to basically kill/destroy other players, it does become quite mundane and repetitive. Visually they got a whole lot right, game play wise its a whole lot that needs to be improved on.

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-07-31 17:37:53

I have to say my first impressions of gta v when I played it were that this is really cool. The way you have the individual character play between the 3 main characters and then they integrate together was fairly well done. The scale of gta v map was vast and so much detail was put into it, it's quite astounding. Missions were varied and the ability to play the mission in different ways was new and intriguing. But there were a few wasted opportunities, the lack of missions based around the prison or military base which I'm sure I wasn't the only person jurning for these. More missions based around twists or using aircraft more.

All in all it was a great game but I still feel it was trying to be gta san Andreas. Pretty sure everyone would play a completely remastered next gen revamp of undoubtedly the best bra in the series

What do you guys think?

Response to What do You Think About GTA V? 2017-08-01 06:28:21

not my cup of tea. the story never engages me in these games, so going from mission to mission didn't satisfy me. the other draw of the game is doing whatever you want in an open world, but that kind of gameplay becomes boring for me very quickly. i like having a goal i'm working towards in a game, and if the story beats don't do it for me in GTA, there's nothing left.

running around beating people up and shooting cops isn't engaging to me at all. never tried the online mode though, that's probably a bucket of fun.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature