00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

For the past few months I've been looking for a way to play Mystery of Time and Space (MOTAS) again. I'm sure plenty of people here remember it since it was one of the more popular "Escape" games that was available back in the day. Only issue was that the game went down a year or so ago because the hosting service for the game got bought out by virgin (not sure why they didn't host it on their own site :P.) The creator fell off the face of the earth years ago, and I don't think they realize it has been brought down.

Long story short; I found a guy who has an older version of the game from a webcrawl he performed years ago. It took some digging; hell the guy didn't even realize he had it until I found it. It seems to be early in development since the file names hint at it not having as many rooms. Either way; I think I'm one of the only people with the game. It can be played locally by launching the html file, but saving doesn't work, nor the sound.

I'd like to get a webpage started where people can actually play MOTAS again, atleast until the original gets brought back. If you have any html/flash experience let me know. I'll let you see what you can do. I'd really like to see this game brought back to the public. Drop an e-mail if you want the game files.

P.s: I think this build of the game is before the online chat was available, so no need to worry about that.

Been here since '03 and less than 1,000 posts