00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp!

25,437 Views | 352 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-20 23:17:51

My WIP!

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-20 23:18:25

At 7/20/17 11:17 PM, Greenegem wrote: My WIP!

And my finished idea, its transparent remember!

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-20 23:34:21

I forgot the deadline was today. Luckily, I had some sketches I worked on last week.

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-20 23:35:26

At 7/20/17 11:34 PM, DoomBringeNumberNine wrote: I forgot the deadline was today. Luckily, I had some sketches I worked on last week. Smile fruit from One piece.

The Finished product is right here:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-20 23:36:31

Here's my wip

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-20 23:57:28

Hi! I don't know what timezone the contest is going by, but it's 11:56pm here on the east coast. I hope it's not too late! Here's a WIP of my design. I'm rendering the video of my process right now so I'll post that later if you'd like to see it!

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-21 00:54:42

This was the preview digital sketch for the challenge, but I did some others on paper first.

- Hakuhō.

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-21 03:39:51

I know we're allowed three entries, but the rules say "DO NOT tag more than one piece of art on newgrounds" so I'm including my other two in here just to be safe.

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-21 04:08:26

At 7/20/17 11:57 PM, Mallitee wrote: Hi! I don't know what timezone the contest is going by, but it's 11:56pm here on the east coast. I hope it's not too late! Here's a WIP of my design. I'm rendering the video of my process right now so I'll post that later if you'd like to see it!

Here's the video of my process!

Best of luck to all!

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-21 06:33:20

At 7/20/17 11:57 PM, Mallitee wrote: Hi! I don't know what timezone the contest is going by, but it's 11:56pm here on the east coast. I hope it's not too late! Here's a WIP of my design. I'm rendering the video of my process right now so I'll post that later if you'd like to see it!

For me it's always been fine just going to the end of my timezone, he does not look at them right away anyways. As long as they're in before midnight.

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-21 12:47:22

I was hesitant to post a link because I was trying to figure out what I did wrong with the file save. Only to discover today that nothing was wrong; things looked a little off. Any ways, was wondering what programs were used by everyone to create the required PNG file.

Was debating between PS and AI for creating the design but stuck with Photoshop.

The attached is a JPG version - forgot to open and resize PNG.

July COTM:

At 7/21/17 12:47 PM, TopazAzul wrote: was wondering what programs were used by everyone to create the required PNG file

I did my pieces in Illustrator then drag and drop them into photoshop to save it as PNG. I know it's possible to export a as PNG in illustrator but the result my not be what you expect (sometime stuff are croped, the size of the canvas isn't the final size of your file etc..)

At 7/21/17 01:39 PM, ruchunteur wrote:
At 7/21/17 12:47 PM, TopazAzul wrote: was wondering what programs were used by everyone to create the required PNG file
I did my pieces in Illustrator then drag and drop them into photoshop to save it as PNG. I know it's possible to export a as PNG in illustrator but the result my not be what you expect (sometime stuff are croped, the size of the canvas isn't the final size of your file etc..)

You can shrink it down to fit the canvas and increase the size% with the art optimized option. Seems to work well for me. Personally, I get frustrated when I have to move from program to program on my computer. My mac is old so it feels like I'm waiting a year just to do a small task.

July COTM:

At 7/3/17 11:26 PM, Faynra wrote: Here's my current WIP. I've had a few different ideas, but I've gone the farthest with this one.

Excellent concept.
@Faynra

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-21 18:37:37

Any ways, was wondering what programs were used by everyone to create the required PNG file.

I used the free digital art program Fire Alpaca and I didn't have a problem. Before I saved it as a PNG it asked if I wanted it transparent and all that.

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-21 19:28:56

At 7/21/17 06:37 PM, Greenegem wrote: Any ways, was wondering what programs were used by everyone to create the required PNG file.

I used the free digital art program Fire Alpaca and I didn't have a problem. Before I saved it as a PNG it asked if I wanted it transparent and all that.

I personally use Photoshop, but my husband swears by GIMP. Free and almost as great.

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-21 23:00:15

At 7/21/17 07:28 PM, EclecticaJess wrote:
At 7/21/17 06:37 PM, Greenegem wrote: Any ways, was wondering what programs were used by everyone to create the required PNG file.

I personally use Photoshop, but my husband swears by GIMP. Free and almost as great.

Did you know Elements Does everything PS does. Now you may need to use shortcut keys to bet to some features and there are several items that yes are not part of PSE that PS has, but for the most part it works well. Although it doesn't use subscription one draw back is that it still requires internet access.

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-22 21:31:00

Was just curious as it has been a long while since I've worked extensively with PS. It also doesn't pay to be half asleep either.

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-24 13:01:41

Quick question. Because this is my first time participating jazza's competition. How will we know when he had already picked the winners? Will he post it here on NG first or is it at his website or youtube channel?

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-24 14:25:46

At 7/24/17 01:01 PM, DeadlyMace2 wrote: Quick question. Because this is my first time participating jazza's competition. How will we know when he had already picked the winners? Will he post it here on NG first or is it at his website or youtube channel?

From his youtube channel - tune in at the end of the month or inbetween the first week of the month..... or
you could just subscribe

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-24 14:28:43

At 7/24/17 02:25 PM, Akuaitance wrote:
At 7/24/17 01:01 PM, DeadlyMace2 wrote:
From his youtube channel - tune in at the end of the month or inbetween the first week of the month..... or
you could just subscribe

Oh ok thnx for the info. Ill look into it now.

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-27 21:36:53

Announcements are up for the finalists and showcase of this month's challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npdiG78VSw0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44bMlLPTNGU

Thank you @Jazza for letting us participate and giving us the opportunity to speak our minds through our art. Looking forward in the next ones.

And also I'd like to say good luck to the finalists.