00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

punk563 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Recommend Titanfall 2

673 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I Recommend Titanfall 2 2017-07-01 14:12:55

This game was acclaimed when it came out but it sold like shit. Now I play it to be a hipster and it is the best FPS I've played in a long time.

- instant online matchmaking w/ no boosting
- mirror's edge style platforming
- giant robots

Be smart unlike me and get the standard edition, because it's $10 less and the deluxe skins just make you a bullet magnet. And I think you can download the game for just $20.

If you want to play with me on PSN I am Quontarp. It's little things, like getting rid of boosting and basing killstreaks off of hits landed, instead of just getting the last shot, that make this shit good. There's some DOTA style PVE, and all of the core DLC is free. The campaign is fun, too.

While we're here, what would you like to see in Titanfall 3? I say virtual reality.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to I Recommend Titanfall 2 2017-07-02 03:19:00

At 7/1/17 02:12 PM, Ghoti wrote: This game was acclaimed when it came out but it sold like shit. Now I play it to be a hipster and it is the best FPS I've played in a long time.

This video by Jim Sterling goes into why it failed so much which is a shame since it did a lot right. But in the end it was the publisher who took every chance to fuck it up. Especially the release date putting it smack between 2 big multiplayer shooter games including their own game so they had to compete with THEMSELVES, absolute idiocy.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to I Recommend Titanfall 2 2017-07-02 03:58:12

I ain't played neither :(

BBS Signature

Response to I Recommend Titanfall 2 2017-07-05 11:07:30

At 7/2/17 03:19 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: This video by Jim Sterling goes into why it failed so much which is a shame since it did a lot right. But in the end it was the publisher who took every chance to fuck it up. Especially the release date putting it smack between 2 big multiplayer shooter games including their own game so they had to compete with THEMSELVES, absolute idiocy.

Yes, that is the long and short of it. Poor marketing. Nevertheless it is a lot of fun to play, and well worth $20.

At 7/2/17 03:58 AM, lumiorfo wrote: I ain't played neither :(

Jump in! It is so much fun!

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to I Recommend Titanfall 2 2017-07-05 20:54:26

I love Titanfall 2.
I'd play it but I cannot afford PS+.
If I get it in the future I'll let you guys know.
My psn name is: Peregrinus Kaste Strangehand

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to I Recommend Titanfall 2 2017-07-22 17:19:18

I picked this up a few days back, haven't had a chance to play it yet despite being quite excited for it because of the 20-fuckin-gigabyte patch that's gonna take forever for me. It's also coming to the EA access vault soon so it'll be playable for "free" on Xbone and PC, but I wanted a physical copy and to support Respawn with an actual purchase anyway.

I really liked Titanfall 1, one of the few online games that I got really into for a while, and was pleasantly surprised to see how much praise the sequel got.

It also apparently runs on the source engine, so there's a neat fact.

At 7/1/17 02:12 PM, Ghoti wrote: While we're here, what would you like to see in Titanfall 3? I say virtual reality.

As much as I like VR, experiencing the parkour in Titanfall sounds like a one way trip to vomitville. Maybe a bonus VR mission where you're restricted to a titan mech could be good.

Response to I Recommend Titanfall 2 2017-08-02 01:43:37

At 7/1/17 02:12 PM, Ghoti wrote: This game was acclaimed when it came out but it sold like shit. Now I play it to be a hipster and it is the best FPS I've played in a long time.

- instant online matchmaking w/ no boosting
- mirror's edge style platforming
- giant robots

Ah yes, the newest Source Title. I actually like Hawken a lot. Has perfect controls.

PH4NT0M117

BBS Signature