00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy

963 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-06-28 15:47:31

Launch trailer.

Announced barely six months ago and hitting store shelves this friday. Anyone getting it?

Other than the obvious graphics and tweaked controls, the only changes I know of are:

-Relics (ie time trials) are added to Crash 1 and 2, they aren't required for 100% but have trophies attached
-Coco is playable across all three games and seemingly controls slightly differently to Crash

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-06-29 12:56:46

I've only played Warped, myself

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-06-30 00:24:22

Seems like the only game worth getting for my PS4 this year.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-06-30 15:48:29

I was never a huge Crash fan. I really sucked at the first one, and I think I only played the other two at friends' houses. Nevertheless, this looks like a pretty nice remake of the originals. I might get it anyway.

It's a shame they didn't do Crash Team Racing too, though. They could have done a remake of all the Naughty Dog installments that way. Oh well.

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-07-01 12:22:51

Picked this up earlier today, looking forward to trying it.

At 6/29/17 12:56 PM, kyrtuck wrote: I've only played Warped, myself

I like Warped but it pales in comparison to 2, imo. Warped has so many gimmick levels, to the point where they take up most of the game. 2 is just pure platforming save for the two jetpack levels.

At 6/30/17 12:24 AM, Painbringer wrote: Seems like the only game worth getting for my PS4 this year.

Uh, how about Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Horizon, Prey? Even if you just count exclusives this has been an excellent year for the PS4 so far.

At 6/30/17 03:48 PM, KupaMan wrote: I was never a huge Crash fan. I really sucked at the first one, and I think I only played the other two at friends' houses.

The first one is relentlessly difficult, and by Naughty Dog's own admission it's because they had no idea what they were doing when it comes to level design. Thankfully the remake has made things more pleasant, like you can save whenever in Crash 1 and you can get the clear gems even if you die in a level. Crash 2 is a gigantic improvement over the first game and imo it still holds up brilliantly.

It's a shame they didn't do Crash Team Racing too, though. They could have done a remake of all the Naughty Dog installments that way. Oh well.

Vicarious visions has shown a solid interest in remaking CTR if this does well. This has had a short development time though, and while they made a sincere effort I suspect they had to rush it to meet the deadline. Let's let them handle one thing at a time from here on, yeah?

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-07-01 12:47:11

I'm not that excited about HD remakes and I never really played Crash games except Tag Team.
Why not just play the original versions on an emulator and save some money?

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-07-01 16:10:35

At 7/1/17 12:47 PM, segamegaplague wrote: I'm not that excited about HD remakes and I never really played Crash games except Tag Team.
Why not just play the original versions on an emulator and save some money?

Crash has been out of action for quite a long time--around a decade--but despite all that fans have always wanted his return. Opinions on his last big games have been mixed; Crash Of The Titans and Crash Mind Over Mutant were decent, but they didn't feel like actual Crash games--even despite Crash games usually dipping their toes in a couple other genres.

Because of this remake, it could potentially mean more...'good' future Crash games.

But also, the remake offers a few new features, nothing too game changing, but still enough to give it even more replay value than the original three.

I definitely recommend giving it a shot!

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-07-01 18:14:38

Ive been looking forward to this for quite a while, never played any of the originals properly but I did play one of the later PS2 releases and loved the game play.

I'm kind of hoping for a PC port. If not then at least some confirmation there wont before I splash out on it.

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-07-02 02:19:27

I still have the 3 on my PS1, and I didn't like the first much anyway. So I'm in no rush to care for this like most remakes. If people didn't have the original games it could be useful though since Crash games went to shit after the PS1.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-07-07 07:54:05

I've been playing it all week and it seems to be more hellish than I remember. The time trials and DLC are nice additions too, I'm about 80% into Crash 1 and loving it so far. Crash 2 and 3 are miles better though, can't wait to get into them.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-07-12 00:04:26

At 7/1/17 04:10 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: plae crish git gud

iem addicded tew crich niow thks alqt kjsnksd jsndlk !@!::::::;

Response to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2017-08-02 05:42:36

i would like to play this game but i don't have a PS4. That means i have to play them on the PS1,PS2