00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for artist

498 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for artist 2017-06-22 12:19:27

Hey guys, I'm looking for an artist who could help me out and be involved in development of a small game. if you are able to draw monsters and a few characters it would be amazing. It isn't paid but you'd be featured in credits and who knows if it does well you'll be used in future plans of mine with paid gigs :)
Pm me if you're interested!

Response to Looking for artist 2017-06-22 16:16:37 (edited 2017-06-22 16:20:44)

At 6/22/17 12:19 PM, Camport wrote: It isn't paid but you'd be featured--

So you basically want an artist to do a bunch of visual work for nothing in return? I'm sorry, but exposure does not pay bills or feed families.
People tend to really underestimate the work that goes into visual artwork, whether it's for a small game or a grand-scale visual novel.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for artist 2017-06-22 16:54:14 (edited 2017-06-22 16:55:08)

Exposure is good if you are:

Already apart of the community. You are not, we dont know you.

Already have projects to show that you can actually organize and finish something. You have nothing on your profile and have not shown you are capable of contributing anything to the project.

You are already absurdly famous in some regard. As far as we know you are nobody and thus have no exposure to offer other than what the artist has already earned themselves through their work making your offer pointless. They can just draw for themselves and make more exposure than what you can offer.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for artist 2017-06-22 21:07:15

At 6/22/17 04:54 PM, Template88 wrote: Exposure is good if you are:

Already apart of the community. You are not, we dont know you.

Already have projects to show that you can actually organize and finish something. You have nothing on your profile and have not shown you are capable of contributing anything to the project.

You are already absurdly famous in some regard. As far as we know you are nobody and thus have no exposure to offer other than what the artist has already earned themselves through their work making your offer pointless. They can just draw for themselves and make more exposure than what you can offer.

I already have 2 people to do artwork and was hoping I could get someone who's interested for the fun of it rather than financial gain to spread the workload

Response to Looking for artist 2017-06-22 21:11:55

At 6/22/17 04:16 PM, Oddlem wrote:
So you basically want an artist to do a bunch of visual work for nothing in return? I'm sorry, but exposure does not pay bills or feed families.
People tend to really underestimate the work that goes into visual artwork, whether it's for a small game or a grand-scale visual novel.

I really want the artist to do what they want, design what they want, this isn't a strict job where they must build me maps or what I ask for by whenever, if you like drawing monsters etc in your free time and at your own pace and would like to be involved in game development, send me a message

Response to Looking for artist 2017-11-09 19:58:06

I'm looking for an artist (paid)

Response to Looking for artist 2017-11-10 00:52:51

At 11/9/17 07:58 PM, Wazk wrote: I'm looking for an artist (paid)

If you're looking for an artist, please make a separate thread with details on the specifics of the job.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for artist 2017-11-11 10:15:05

At 6/22/17 09:11 PM, Camport wrote:
At 6/22/17 04:16 PM, Oddlem wrote:
I really want the artist to do what they want, design what they want, this isn't a strict job where they must build me maps or what I ask for by whenever, if you like drawing monsters etc in your free time and at your own pace and would like to be involved in game development, send me a message

Hey! Awesome! I usually resort to drawing monstrosities when not working on stuff xD If you can make better use of it for your game, that would be really cool! When I have some free time I'll let you know if I can try sending you some designs. Do you have anything I can check out for your project in the mean time?

peskytarian

BBS Signature