00:00
00:00

Vision.txt

24,731 Views | 76 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-25 12:23:05


At 6/21/17 08:11 PM, PhantomArcade3000 wrote: Heh, Lit Portal. It feels like a lifetime since I recall hearing about that.

This list will be child's play compared to what will be accomplished in the bright future. It just didn't happen immediately, but a come back after a tough struggle makes for an even better story.

Thank god that never happened.

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-25 20:06:36


I have to start doing this basically. Open it every ten years and read it.

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-26 00:15:07


At 6/22/17 09:52 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/22/17 07:41 AM, Hyptosis wrote: I feel like I came to NG and got into Flash way too late. Just as everything seemed to be slowing down I started making stuff and learning the ropes. NG is still great and I check it out once a day if I can. I wish I still had time to make content to share here, or anywhere for that matter. Life beats you the fuck down, it's worked me over good the last few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR3ccmWmLhk

I'm just glad NG is still here, and I defend it at every chance. It has a special place in my heart.
Thanks for doing what you could when you did! Guys like you and @deathink really kept me motivated through some dark years. It's hard to work on something every day when you feel like people don't care about it anymore, so it really goes a long way when people express their enthusiasm for the site.

I can second what he wrote above, this site kept me going for years as a kid, I still try to visit it now and again when I have time when work doesn't keep me away, I use to create content here, most of it got removed when new rules took place but that doesn't change the fact that I still cherish the moments and I thank you for unlocking my account few weeks ago. This site has survived and survived and the one thing about this site that has changed insanely is the level of quality work put in here, getting Daily trophy is just a pipe dream today compared to games back in the day like Street Life by Stamper! :D...

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-26 14:39:51


Man, what a trip. I'm glad that, through everything, you're still here Tom and still keepin' it real. Straight thuggin'. I hope Nightmare Cops brings in more people back to the site.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-26 15:56:52


At 6/25/17 11:13 AM, MindChamber wrote:
At 6/25/17 01:46 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Apps, new features, in-house content, more contests and prizes... all sorts of stuff could happen with a bunch more supporters. Right now, though, we're spread very thin.
I agree ya'll are definitely spread thin,. I guess what Im asking is, with more supporters will you bring on more coders, or possibly license engines and stuff?.. more money isnt going to change your workload.

Yeah, we'd be able to pay for contracted work on a good bit of projects we want to do, or maybe even hire another programmer one day if it got big enough. We're a LONG way from that though.

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-27 16:05:06


My name is Joe. Ha! Cool.

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-29 06:04:49


OMG YOUR MAKING A NEWGROUNDS BRANDED GAME!??!?!!!

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-29 08:12:14


At 6/29/17 06:04 AM, D-SuN wrote: OMG YOUR MAKING A NEWGROUNDS BRANDED GAME!??!?!!!

YES!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-29 15:00:48


Is there a way to be a supporter and still get ads? that would get you the most money right?


BBS Signature

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-29 16:01:34


At 6/29/17 03:00 PM, i9incher wrote: Is there a way to be a supporter and still get ads? that would get you the most money right?

The value of ads per person is so low, not really worth making it a feature. Would rather move the opposite way and have so many supporters that we run less ads / deal with less ad-related issue and maintenance.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-29 18:15:11


So what I derive from this is Tom Fulp was slow on the ball which fucked everyone over. I guess that's why I have over 150k audio plays but only earned like $7 in 6 years, not even enough for a payout. Good job, Tom. I wonder if there's a correlation between your lack of action and the sad fact there are still spots to put your AOL and Yahoo messenger handle XD


HektikMusic - More tracks then you can shake a stick at...fetch!

BBS Signature

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-29 18:19:02


At 6/29/17 06:15 PM, hektikmusic wrote: So what I derive from this is Tom Fulp was slow on the ball which fucked everyone over. I guess that's why I have over 150k audio plays but only earned like $7 in 6 years, not even enough for a payout. Good job, Tom. I wonder if there's a correlation between your lack of action and the sad fact there are still spots to put your AOL and Yahoo messenger handle XD

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-30 01:31:42


At 6/29/17 06:19 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/29/17 06:15 PM, hektikmusic wrote: So what I derive from this is Tom Fulp was slow on the ball which fucked everyone over. I guess that's why I have over 150k audio plays but only earned like $7 in 6 years, not even enough for a payout. Good job, Tom. I wonder if there's a correlation between your lack of action and the sad fact there are still spots to put your AOL and Yahoo messenger handle XD
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that's why I'm not a supporter anymore. Dick. Maybe you should've sold out like Kongregate did...


HektikMusic - More tracks then you can shake a stick at...fetch!

BBS Signature

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-30 07:43:17


At 6/30/17 01:31 AM, hektikmusic wrote: Yeah, that's why I'm not a supporter anymore. Dick. Maybe you should've sold out like Kongregate did...

Salty. I'll have you know the Audio Portal was never meant to rival the Games/Movies Portal, let alone be a big money making machine. It's actual purpose was to provide sound effects for content creators but this idea crashed and NG started featuring music instead. The AP may have changed through all these years, but nothing has changed about its purpose, which is to provide programmers and animators with royalty free audio. As such Newgrounds is a great place to learn but if you're expecting to be paid, skip town. The Audio Portal just isn't for you.


BBS Signature

Response to Vision.txt 2017-06-30 19:05:10


At 6/30/17 07:43 AM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 6/30/17 01:31 AM, hektikmusic wrote: Yeah, that's why I'm not a supporter anymore. Dick. Maybe you should've sold out like Kongregate did...
Salty. I'll have you know the Audio Portal was never meant to rival the Games/Movies Portal, let alone be a big money making machine. It's actual purpose was to provide sound effects for content creators but this idea crashed and NG started featuring music instead. The AP may have changed through all these years, but nothing has changed about its purpose, which is to provide programmers and animators with royalty free audio. As such Newgrounds is a great place to learn but if you're expecting to be paid, skip town. The Audio Portal just isn't for you.

I did come off pretty salty, huh? Well I'm really not. I appreciate Newgrounds as a platform to share with gamers, artists, musicians, programmers, developers, etc. I honestly could care less about ad revenue lol it's more about networking and NG is a great place for that. The internet would be a darker place without its light. So thanks @TomFulp for creating this utopia of nerdiness. I definitely hope NG stays around for a long long time.


HektikMusic - More tracks then you can shake a stick at...fetch!

BBS Signature

Response to Vision.txt 2017-08-07 10:30:42


I still remember when this site was hosted by Troma and had a webcams section, Tom is one of the people I really respect for all the hard work he's been putting in to keep Newgrounds entertaining people

Vision.txt

Response to Vision.txt 2017-11-08 06:45:44 (edited 2017-11-08 06:45:55)


At 6/22/17 02:39 PM, StuffedWombat wrote: ...the woderfull world of making and sharing their games and movies and tentacle porn.

An inspiring real-life user case. :D Could probably make a collection of all introductory user stories like this sometime, like a testimonials page for aspiring artists full of inspiration... good read.


Check out the NRC / Hexa #54 (Jun)

BBS Signature