Be a Supporter!
RightTime
RightTime
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2016
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Writer
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-18 10:38:53 Reply

At 6/18/17 10:15 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: I think maybe you have no idea what a concentration camp is.

Godwin's Law seems to suggest that any reasonable discussion here has long since passed and it is time to let this thread sink beneath the waters of the BBS.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-18 10:56:06 Reply

At 6/18/17 10:38 AM, RightTime wrote:
At 6/18/17 10:15 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: I think maybe you have no idea what a concentration camp is.
Godwin's Law seems to suggest that any reasonable discussion here has long since passed and it is time to let this thread sink beneath the waters of the BBS.

Did I ever mention I work in medical billing and literally watch doctors put patients on psych diagnoses so they can enforce medically unnecessary heart medications on them based on the idea that non-adherence to the medication is inherently self-harming and therefore proof of mental illness?

Because this is exactly what I do for a living. And yes, after they put the psyche diagnosis on the patient, they hide the records which is extremely frustrating when I need those records to get the doctors paid.

Yes, inpatient psych wards are pretty much concentration camps. And no, it doesn't count as a full Godwin if I'm talking about something that commonly happens in other countries.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
RightTime
RightTime
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2016
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Writer
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-18 11:53:45 (edited 2017-06-18 11:55:52) Reply

You know Scientologists have an outsize hatred of Psychiatry as well. Maybe they would be just up your ally.

MemeFiend
MemeFiend
  • Member since: May. 25, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-18 12:23:43 Reply

At 6/17/17 08:13 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:

Well I cant say I disagree too much with that, but for all the bitching and virtue signalling people do about muh mental healthcare, I don't really understand what's suppose to be done about it.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-18 12:43:43 Reply

At 6/18/17 11:53 AM, RightTime wrote: You know Scientologists have an outsize hatred of Psychiatry as well. Maybe they would be just up your ally.

To be fair Scientologists prey on the mentally ill, so obviously they see psychiatry as the competition.

But really you're just tipping the iceberg on this. The Anti-psychiatry Movement is much bigger than just an aspect of Scientology.

In fact, if you read up on pro-psychiatry websites that call for a massive expansion of mental health services, you'll find articles like this rebutting that, yes, although the word "bedlam" comes directly from the well publicized horrors of the Bethelem Royal Hospital, psychiatrists are totally respectable now and not the modern version of witch-hunters like Matthew Hopkins who made a small fortune torturing and killing the mentally ill by accusing them of being witches as an excuse to seize their property.

If you really feel like swimming under this iceberg, read this report on nih.gov. Only 40% of involuntary inpatients see their confinement as justified, and 100% of involuntarily admitted patients have huge medical bills (which is how I found out about this) which they are then forced against their wills to pay.

Paranoid about having to pay my $5k deductible in case of involuntary admission? You bet your sweet ass I am. Why should I have to buy a doctor a used car against my will?


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-18 13:49:21 Reply

At 6/18/17 10:15 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 6/17/17 08:59 PM, DarkMatter wrote:
You seem to be confusing the legal system, which is the system responsible for stopping tragedies, and the health care system, which is designed for curing disease. Crime is not a disease. It's a legal issue.

Mental health is something that leads to crimes these days, therefore both departments should know what's going on.

I think maybe you have no idea what a concentration camp is.

I hear it takes lots of concentration to survive

RaldonGarspeu
RaldonGarspeu
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-18 22:04:43 Reply

I would like to see that mental health monitor placed on Narcissistic personality disordered people.
like to see them constantly freaking out over the thought they have a lie detector strapped to them.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-19 10:24:05 (edited 2017-06-19 10:29:50) Reply

At 6/18/17 01:49 PM, DarkMatter wrote:
Mental health is something that leads to crimes these days, therefore both departments should know what's going on.

You don't have to be crazy to be a criminal. In fact, for the worst crimes, having reduced mental capacity is a sign of innocence.

A person with an IQ of 65 may be mentally ill, but is probably not capable of planning a mass murder.

Many completely sane people malinger in order to reduce their legal culpability during sentencing. This is the actual phenomena we're seeing: criminals presenting themselves as sympathetic victims instead of the calculating weasels they are.

I hear it takes lots of concentration to survive

I heard the secret to getting out of a concentration camp is to fly out through the chimney.

At 6/18/17 10:04 PM, RaldonGarspeu wrote: I would like to see that mental health monitor placed on Narcissistic personality disordered people.
like to see them constantly freaking out over the thought they have a lie detector strapped to them.

A true narcissist believes the lie when they tell it. A lie detector can't predict that, and a narcissist would probably be very proud about being able to beat the detector. This may even lead to their belief that they can change the truth through force of will on the occasions they beat the lie detector.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-19 16:23:17 Reply

At 6/19/17 10:24 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
A person with an IQ of 65 may be mentally ill, but is probably not capable of planning a mass murder.

Many completely sane people malinger in order to reduce their legal culpability during sentencing. This is the actual phenomena we're seeing: criminals presenting themselves as sympathetic victims instead of the calculating weasels they are.

That is all theoretical unfortunately, and after a bunch of pubic shootings and gun laws doing jack shit because they disarm victims rather than perps, something has to be done to have some kind of early warning system because right now it's like a tornado or earthquake you really don't know when it's going to happen.


I hear it takes lots of concentration to survive
I heard the secret to getting out of a concentration camp is to fly out through the chimney.

Strange, I heard it was through the underground.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Get paranoid 2017-06-19 16:59:36 Reply

At 6/19/17 04:23 PM, DarkMatter wrote:

.


That is all theoretical unfortunately, and after a bunch of pubic shootings and gun laws doing jack shit because they disarm victims rather than perps, something has to be done to have some kind of early warning system because right now it's like a tornado or earthquake you really don't know when it's going to happen.

The vast majority of people seeking mental health treatment are under/un-employed people malingering for disability benefits because their personalities make them nearly unemployable.

Mental disability is the easiest of the disabilities to fake, and because the honestly mentally ill fear diagnosis because of having experiences with it's stigma, it attracts many the mentally well malingerers.

Most mental illness initiatives are based around getting benefits for the homeless so the stress of homelessness won't make the any crazier.

This report says the rate of malingering among the mentally disabled is nearly 60%

I hear it takes lots of concentration to survive
I heard the secret to getting out of a concentration camp is to fly out through the chimney.
Strange, I heard it was through the underground.

I heard you could only get about 6 feet away from the camp going underground. Unless you're talking about domestic american traditional labor camps, then yes, the underground railroad is your best bet.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature