New Topic Respond to this Topic
RightTime
RightTime
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Writer

Theft is one of the most common crimes in the world. For some countries it is the most common types of crime. Thankfully there are still many people who will go through their entire life without experiencing it even once, but many do as well. Have you ever been a victim or theft? What happened and how did you react to it? Did it make an impact on how to lived your life going forward or how likely you were to trust people?

Dynastywarriors5
Dynastywarriors5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-15 07:29:31 Reply

the government steals my money through taxes

TAXATION IS THEFT

The New Downhill Legend!

The12Towers
The12Towers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-15 08:16:35 Reply

Nope, not yet anyway.

Though I do live in constant crippling fear that it will happen! For two years I've been designing a board game, and there's only one demo copy of it. If that, or the files were stolen, I'd probably go on a spree of some variation (shooting, stabbing, shopping)

I've heard some horror stories from locals of their games being snatched at conventions and designer meetings, then seeing it on a shelf years later with someone else's name on it.

Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-15 09:06:00 Reply

nope...

BBS Signature
ClandestineTemple
ClandestineTemple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-15 16:17:23 Reply

Yea i got my bike stolen once then i found the guy riding it around town and confronted him he handed it over in a heartbeat I got what i wanted back so didn't care to say any more to him. I later threw the same bike in a ditch when i was drunk and left it there because the chain came off and something was ducky with it.

BBS Signature
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-15 16:43:16 Reply

I have stolen a property, that has become mine afterwards, so I guess yeah, I have had my property stolen.

WaffleCrisp
WaffleCrisp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy

My soul and sanity. I don't miss them.

But as for materials my "best" friend stole 3 of my only zombie movies. When I found them in his house, exactly all three, I confronted him and he denied it. Said all three he bought at half price books.

I moved next week and never heard of him since.

You've given me a mouthful of Greek salad.

BBS Signature
RightTime
RightTime
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Writer
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-16 13:45:09 Reply

At 6/15/17 04:43 PM, Makakaov wrote: I have stolen a property, that has become mine afterwards, so I guess yeah, I have had my property stolen.

That sounds like a story I'd like to hear some details on. Care to share them with us?

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-16 14:07:22 Reply

the amount of things i've stolen probably greatly outweighs any small things that have been stolen from me

i have negative karma

BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO FORGE FIRST TO BRING THE WAY FOR OTHERS -
H. // E L I J A H // M U H A M M A D

BBS Signature
RightTime
RightTime
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Writer

At 6/16/17 02:07 PM, Sekhem wrote: the amount of things i've stolen probably greatly outweighs any small things that have been stolen from me

i have negative karma

Hmm....that's really interesting. I'd love to hear some details. Let's start with:

item or items stolen
current location of the items
what you were wearing
witnesses

You know, just for curiosity sake. You can trust me.

Have you had your Property Stolen?

Haoie
Haoie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-17 05:31:03 Reply

Stuff's gone missing, and I think I know who did it.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-17 12:06:01 Reply

My car got stolen one time, I probably left the door unlocked because I was upset over a breakup. The cops found it next to a jack n the box less than a mile away.

RightTime
RightTime
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Writer
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-18 10:17:22 Reply

At 6/17/17 12:06 PM, DarkMatter wrote: My car got stolen one time, I probably left the door unlocked because I was upset over a breakup. The cops found it next to a jack n the box less than a mile away.

It sounds like someone stole your car just to get a ride to a Jack in the Box. That's pretty funny when you think about it. It's lucky that they were able to recover your car either way.

DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-18 13:52:13 Reply

At 6/18/17 10:17 AM, RightTime wrote:
At 6/17/17 12:06 PM, DarkMatter wrote: My car got stolen one time, I probably left the door unlocked because I was upset over a breakup. The cops found it next to a jack n the box less than a mile away.
It sounds like someone stole your car just to get a ride to a Jack in the Box. That's pretty funny when you think about it. It's lucky that they were able to recover your car either way.

Well, the truth is the car had shit for gas in it, and didn't run that well. They probably didn't want to pay for gas and abandoned ship lol.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-18 14:23:14 Reply

I have. It was just a small mp3 player a few years ago. Still sucked though.

I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
HotHoboSex
HotHoboSex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-18 18:20:59 Reply

I get my lunch stolen a lot at work. I will not stop I will catch the person or die trying. Seriously we're at work you should have money to buy your own food! Other than that nothing.

Eww

BBS Signature
Mrccbirdguy
Mrccbirdguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-18 22:05:56 Reply

I had my wallet stolen in college. It was a real pain in the ass to get all the cards canceled and I had no student ID for about a week.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature
lumiorfo
lumiorfo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Art Lover
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-19 04:17:17 Reply

Playstation steals my money!

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Game Developer
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-19 10:32:50 Reply

Someone stole the main book for my first year mythology course when I was in undergrad. I was angry for a few hours, then just borrowed the book from the library.

BBS Signature
Furious-Monkey
Furious-Monkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate

I had my house burglarized twice in 6 weeks. I had to move out of my house and live somewhere else. For a couple years, I was very paranoid, and a little racist, since the burglars were a different color than me.

Of course, a few weeks after moving, I had a 'friend' who is the same color as me, get into my storage unit and steal a truck load of my stuff. (Also stabbed holes in some of my paintings for some reason). I actually caught him and he went to jail for a while. That experience proved to me that burglary isn't a racial thing, it's an asshole thing. But it made me even more paranoid. These three burglaries (all in a 3 month period) have had a profound impact on my ability to trust people....and changed my opinion of human behavior in general.

For the thieves posting here, return the shit you stole. Whatever money you think you're saving by taking someone else's things, the cost to your self-respect is exponentially higher.

Jenny-Jinya
Jenny-Jinya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-19 18:35:02 Reply

I "only" have my art stolen and even sold sometimes :/ even when I only upload my stuff in a rather low resolution for websites, some people still find a way to fuck my stuff up.

aldoushinra
aldoushinra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-21 00:01:47 Reply

years ago when I was a 'wee lad I had a ball a bike and some gameboy cartridges stolen. nothing recent though.. I get the impression that the crime waves and rumors of temperature record and whatever else are all hoaxes however...

RightTime
RightTime
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Writer

At 6/18/17 06:20 PM, HotHoboSex wrote: I get my lunch stolen a lot at work. I will not stop I will catch the person or die trying. Seriously we're at work you should have money to buy your own food! Other than that nothing.

There's an easy albeit kind of devious way to solve this. First buy the hottest hot sauce you can possibly find. Here is a good one along with a nice list of others. Mix the hot sauce into one of the things in your lunch, preferably something that can hide it fairly well and wait. That should solve your problem rather nicely. If not try it once or twice more. Make sure not to use all the hot sauce at once.

lumiorfo
lumiorfo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Art Lover
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-21 03:20:13 Reply

My virginity was stolen :(

BBS Signature
Klaudesin
Klaudesin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Have you had your Property Stolen? 2017-06-21 07:22:33 Reply

Some loser stole my dirtbike and my game GTA 5.

I turn water into water

BBS Signature