00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wher3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary!

6,709 Views | 112 Replies

Just for a heads-up, we are about a half-month away to October 1st -- the Final Checkpoint where I expect everyone to fully in-between your submissions by that time.

Keep in mind that this Final Checkpoint will give you at least one month in advance from the Deadline (November 1st) in order to make last-minute improvements of your submission. I do expect your submissions to be at a standard by that time.

If it is still not at standards by the deadline, I will not put it in -- no excuses, no exceptions. I'm not looking for it to be 100% perfect, but I don't want to see it half-assed either.

I can't stress enough how much I need to keep reminding all of you to pick up the pace.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-09-15 16:36:31

How often are we to check in with our progress?

At 9/15/17 04:36 PM, TopazAzul wrote: How often are we to check in with our progress?

For you guys, I expect biweekly at latest, though I understand not many have anything to show. Which is why every start of the month, I check on you guys monthly.

But time is closing in, so pick the pace up.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-09-22 10:34:31

Almost one week away from October 1st -- Better get your submissions fully in-betweened by then if you haven't done so already.

For those who haven't finished in-betweening yet . . .

@bunbun-da-bunni @HipnikDragomir @Kitsyfluff @MihaP @ninjamuffin99 @OzoneOrange @SouthernShotty @TheMAM @Tidohuki @TopazAzul @wiltless

Get your submissions in-betweened, or at least 90% of it, by October 1st!

The rest of you --

@EBBlueberry @Lusin @Potatoverse @RGPAnims @Wondermeow

I applaud to you guys for getting your stuff in-betweened early. Some of you guys still need to improve and some don't -- you guys got until November 1st to make some necessary improvements.

October 1st, guys! Everyone's submissions should be in-betweened at this date.

So far, 3 participants have given me their submissions. I am still waiting from the following (regardless if you are finished):

@HipnikDragomir @MihaP @ninjamuffin99 @OzoneOrange @TheMAM @Tidohuki @TopazAzul @wiltless @EBBlueberry @Lusin @Wondermeow

Send me your mp4 files however you want -- Email, Dropbox, Mediafire, Discord -- doesn't matter; just get it to me ASAP so I can start compositing the collab!

And make sure you name your files by your screenname -- I don't want to go through opening 14 different submissions just to figure out who's who.

Upload date will be on November 1st -- not a day later. You will have this entire month to make any improvements on your submission if necessary.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-01 13:55:02

Will have something to u by this evening. Away from computer at moment.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-01 18:36:09

I already uploaded it and posted a link to it in the WIP channel last week.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-01 18:43:03

At 10/1/17 06:36 PM, Lusin wrote: I already uploaded it and posted a link to it in the WIP channel last week.

True -- guess I'll just have to rip the video off from YouTube then.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-01 18:56:20

At 10/1/17 06:43 PM, ValterValyun wrote:
At 10/1/17 06:36 PM, Lusin wrote: I already uploaded it and posted a link to it in the WIP channel last week.
True -- guess I'll just have to rip the video off from YouTube then.

I can post somewhere else like mediafire. Youtube's compression would have affected the video quality.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-01 19:11:13

I can post somewhere else like mediafire. Youtube's compression would have affected the video quality.

Yeah, that is what I exactly need -- the actual video file.

It's for the collab's composite

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-01 19:21:09

Alright, I uploaded to mega, and posted the link in the discord.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-02 12:13:53

On it. Will be ready soon.

"In matters of taste there can be no disputes."

BBS Signature

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-02 15:19:34

I'll see what i can do my schedule been pretty busy lately.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

At 10/1/17 07:11 PM, ValterValyun wrote:
Yeah, that is what I exactly need -- the actual video file.

It's for the collab's composite

BBS Signature

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-15 21:05:08

We're a half-month away from the deadline! Hopefully everyone's working hard to push those refinements / submissions out!

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-22 15:22:40

Okay guys, listen up!

We're about less than 10 days away from the final deadline, and half of the people have already submitted their final submissions (great job, by the way, guys!)

The only ones who still need to submit their submissions and/or work on their refinements are the following:

@HipnikDragomir
@MihaP
@ninjamuffin99
@OzoneOrange
@TheMAM
@TopazAzul
@wiltless
@Wondermeow

And here's a Checklist for your submission (again, for those submitted their finals, thank you!) :
- Make sure your animation is at some level of quality & effort (including for the sketchy-look)
- Your signature on the bottom-right corner
- Stage dimensions is at 1920 x 1080
- Make sure you use this Background
- File must be an .mp4 along with your screenname in its filename.

Failure to follow one of them by the day of the deadline (Nov. 1st), I will NOT put it in the collab video, and I will not accept any excuses.

Make sure you guys get it completed by then -- 10 days does go by quick! Hopefully by then, I will be uploading it on the same day.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-23 19:59:08

Awww I'm sad I didn't see this earlier. I would have loved to join :(.

***WebSite DeviantArt / Tumblr / SheezyArt /

BBS Signature

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-10-23 22:01:30

At 10/23/17 07:59 PM, sweetyluli wrote: Awww I'm sad I didn't see this earlier. I would have loved to join :(.

Better luck next year. I might start again between March and April, so stay alert!

I am extending the deadline for another week. I fell ill for the past two days, thus it held me back on the compositing.

I'm doing fine now -- I should resume to where I was doing.

@HipnikDragomir
@MihaP
@ninjamuffin99
@TopazAzul
@wiltless

Make sure you guys get your stuff ready by the 11th!

And make sure you follow the guidelines to the bone; that means if I don't even see your signature on the bottom-right corner of the screen, I'm going to reject it.

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-11-13 23:24:26

The deadline has already passed, and we have collected to a total of 12 submissions! Great job everyone!!

Good news, I am very close to finishing up the collab video. I just need to make a few adjustments and double-checking to see nothing wrong of all sorts.

Bad news, strangely the WiFi on my laptop is not working at all (typing all this thru my phone), so even if I did finish this tonight, I can't upload the damn thing!!!

But I will promise to get The Sketch Collab 2017: 10th Anniversary before Thanksgiving!

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-11-16 15:45:25

Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come! The Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary is now officially published!!

Please take a look-see and don't forget to vote and comment.

Enjoy!

Response to Sketch Collab 10th Anniversary! 2017-11-24 16:28:30

Hmm . . . Where do I start?

Clears throat.

It has been a grueling 6 to 7 months since The Sketch Collab 2017: 10th Anniversary started, and it has been one of the greatest challenges I faced. We sadly didn't make it to the Front Page (yet), nor we've beaten last year's score (currently: 3.48, last year's: 3.90). But we still made it to the end, and we still succeed with #1 Daily Feature!

I'll be honest with you. This is the first collab I ran in Newgrounds. I'll admit I was pretty nervous from the start since I didn't have a lot of collab experience to begin with, let alone running for its special anniversary.

However, I appreciate for those who stand with me to this day and continue to give me this opportunity to prove myself as an adequate leader. In the future, I do intend to keep on leading and hopefully improving into a better one. Yes, novice mistakes were made, harsh words were spoken, and tough calls were dealt.

But all of you have endured it! For that, you have earned my respect.

So that being said, I thank all of the participants for joining in this year's The Sketch Collab, and hopefully we will meet again in the next one.

Until then . . .

Keep on sketchin',
Keep on animating.