00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Real zombie game.

507 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Real zombie game. 2017-05-26 17:27:06

Have hundreds of slow zombies together, other times a few and sometimes just one., head shot kills only, one bite dead. In a city, the slow zombies but many in numbers would be more intense. Low ammo, so you can't just mow them all down. You would need to run, look for other people. Also an open world. With todays​ tech it could be done.

Response to Real zombie game. 2017-05-26 22:11:34

At 5/26/17 06:12 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: You just described Zombi/ZombiU.

Edit: Well, it's not open world. Still has a lot of areas to explore though.

Also pawn shops are hot for weapons and malls have a shit load of zombies, malls for referring to Dawn of the dead, outlaws and lunatics kill. Troops going awol and or defending thier homes. I could go on forever.

Response to Real zombie game. 2017-05-30 20:48:24 (edited 2017-05-30 20:58:43)

Basically I Am Legend or Omega Man: The Game. I think near enough everyone has wanted a game like this at some point, even before zombies exploded in pop culture and got overdone. A real open world zombie survival game. Something like Day Z is probably the closest we have so far, but it's still in a pre-release state and offers a very specific type of experience, the general feel of it isn't exactly what I'd want.

I remember when Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare was announced, while I did think zombies + cowboys was a good combo in its own right I was somewhat frustrated that they made a zombie expansion for RDR and not for GTA.

Honestly I think the closest thing is Fallout 4, in areas with ghouls, thanks to the survival options and the sheer amount of game mechanics. It's kind of versatile enough that you can mold it into your own game. There's also mods to swap out most if not all enemies with types of ghouls too, to turn it into a zombie apocalypse. Throw whatever survival settings you want on top of that and you have something that's not all the way there but basically close enough.

Last of Us is very close to what I'd want this to be, in tone, atmosphere and gameplay elements, but of course it's a linear game with no room for role playing.

I haven't paid much attention to it but Days Gone might be what you're looking for too. It's open world anyway.