00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do people hate Final Fantasy 2?

697 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I tried FF1 and FF3. And by that i am referring to the famicom versions. Not the US titles that were FF4 and FF6.

In either case, FF1 and FF3 was utterly boring.

I beat them both. FF3 remake on steam, not 100% it, i quit after level 95, but i did an effort... but i did beat cloud of darkness,the final boss, so i dont care. Either way. In FF1 i played Origins which i beat not long ago(well technically i went for the NES version first long time ago, but i got to the 2nd orb and just couldnt take it anymore, but its basically the same) version on normal with auto attack because i am lazy and dont care to make it anymore difficult by playing the original controls. But the difficulity is the same as the original, just faster text and better graphics and sound, and the auto attack that existed ever since FF3 came out, and dash to make you go faster. Masamune sword rocks though. I felt like Sephiroth!

But nonetheless.... I thought the two games was incredibly boring... like nothing in the game made me go yeah. Instead it made me go. Oh ok.

FF2 on the other hand has a common element with the rest FF series, is that it focuses more on the story than the game mechanics. But its known for leveling up by punching yourself, aka not on experience point but by using or taking hits is what levels you up.

I think i may know why some dont like it. They feel it insults them. Because the only way to get stuff in life is to get out, pow! So nerds most likely feel it is insulting them :P but thats just a theory.

Response to Why do people hate Final Fantasy 2? 2017-05-25 05:40:39

But either case, i dont understand why so many online. Hate this game, i love it purely because its so sadistic with punching yourself of leveling up. In all honestly this is an improvement over FF1 and FF3. Because its honest, FF1 and FF3 gives you an illusion of boredom by leveling up, so its almost like punching yourself either way. So FF2 i feel is just honest, and thats why i love it. Played a chunk of it, friggin amazing so far.

Response to Why do people hate Final Fantasy 2? 2017-05-25 18:57:56

FF1 is very dated by today's standard, but it's cool to play just to see who set the bar for RPGs at the start.

FF3 also had the gimmick of bosses that were weaker against certain classes so you had an incentive to change your classes around. If you didn't like the strategy required to beat bosses in FF3 then it's probably because you were overlevelled the entire time and killed everything by brute force.

The novelty of hitting yourself to level up wears off pretty quickly if you ask me. All it means is you never have to put thought or strategy into battles. Just keep hitting yourself until you're dealing max damage.

The music in the PS1/GBA remake was god tier. I'll give it that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1thPH4ZL6A&list=PLiGvWycRgz6jYt8Nog-rVj2twfxkye9BG&index=5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXu52RXJs3o&list=PLiGvWycRgz6jYt8Nog-rVj2twfxkye9BG&index=11

You'll love FF Tactics if you like hitting yourself to level up.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Why do people hate Final Fantasy 2? 2017-05-26 01:17:53

I don't care as its not the type of game I would play even though the newest game looks hot.

Let the Past Be The Past The Present Is Currently Important Because Dwelling On The Future Will Lead To Failure.

BBS Signature