00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Networking/Meeting Aussie Animators

283 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey there, it's been a while since I've been on here.
Though i'm still very active in terms of animation and film.

I have a new 18min animation coming out this year called Papa's Sonata,
I did an Animated Video Essay on my experience of working on the animation
for 4 years and what I learned along the way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxpo1N16624

I'd like to ask if anyone is aware and could point me in the direction of animator meetups/networking events
around the Sydney/NSW area.

Maybe if there's not much in terms of 'meetups' we could try and organize something?
I know most animators are typically the introverted type and i'm no exception.

But one of my biggest regrets in my 'career' is that I haven't really made any friends or really know anyone in the same field as me, so lately I've been wanting to put myself out there more, even if that means rejection and failure.
I'd like to think i've come a long way since my postings in 2005-2012 and I'm keen to work in a team with other like minded people, even if nothing comes of the meetings, I'd still like to get to know local animators.

Response to Networking/Meeting Aussie Animators 2017-05-24 23:51:55

At 5/23/17 11:32 PM, mgproductions wrote:
I'd like to ask if anyone is aware and could point me in the direction of animator meetups/networking events

Maybe if there's not much in terms of 'meetups' we could try and organize something?

Although I may not be the best of help, you could try asking around in the animator's forum if that's what you really desire. However, I'm not sure if a lot of animators from here would be willing to meet up physically (especially since there aren't very many around from that specific area from what I believe). :0
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to network over the internet?

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

At 5/24/17 11:51 PM, Oddlem wrote:
At 5/23/17 11:32 PM, mgproductions wrote:

Although I may not be the best of help, you could try asking around in the animator's forum if that's what you really desire. However, I'm not sure if a lot of animators from here would be willing to meet up physically (especially since there aren't very many around from that specific area from what I believe). :0
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to network over the internet?

Thanks for the response.
I'm not against networking over the internet, but I prefer being able to meet people in person locally and find out if there's
any sort of physical hub to meet up with other creatives and share ideas and work.
I understand most animators are introverts (myself included) and would rather stay online,
I didn't mean it to come off as creepy if it did.

At 5/31/17 03:41 AM, mgproductions wrote:
Thanks for the response.
I'm not against networking over the internet, but I prefer being able to meet people in person locally and find out if there's
any sort of physical hub to meet up with other creatives and share ideas and work.
I understand most animators are introverts (myself included) and would rather stay online,
I didn't mean it to come off as creepy if it did.

No worries! I wasn't trying to imply that you were being creepy, I was more trying to explain that animators tend to network online like that a lot rather than in real life. It's kind of like how some people prefer to call than text and vice versa, so I totally understand if that's your preference. But (from what I've seen), there isn't exactly a lot of Australian animators (or at least ones that aren't too busy) so I'm not sure you'd be able to do that.
Sorry, I probably should have clarified that a bit better earlier.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature