Our Construct 3 game jam is now a GO! The deadline is May 28th at 11:59 PM EST and the theme is:
"Good Things Come in Threes."
Your game will need to include this theme of three in some form. How you do it is up to you!
Construct 3 is a web-based platform for developing games. No programming experience is required and games can be exported for platforms such as PC, mobile, Xbox One and the web.
For the next two weeks, the full version of C3 is available to EVERYONE for FREE, to use for this jam.
The top THREE games will receive free C3 licenses for a year as well as one year of honorary Supporter status on Newgrounds.
1) Get started with Construct 3 and make a game!
2) In C3, click Menu > Project > Export > Web (HTML5) and download the ZIP containing your game.
1) Create an NG account if you don't have one.
2) Create a new game project.
3) Upload your C3 ZIP file.
4) Under file properties, set your dimensions to your C3 viewpoint (C3 defaults to 854 x 480, 16:9).
4) Tag your entry with "C3Jam" so we find it.
5) Preview your submission to be sure everything looks good.
1) Your game must be based on material you have rights to, for example you can't use Mario sprites.
2) Your game must not contain unlicensed audio / music.
3) You may work with artists and musicians to support your project (one person receives the prize though).
If you've never made a game before, give it a try! The C3 website has a bunch of tutorials and demo projects you can eyeball.
If you would like to volunteer your art or audio talents for potential team-ups, you may do so in this thread. You are also welcome to post about your game progress in this thread!
Deadline again is May 28th, 11:59 PM EST. We look forward to playing your games!