00:00
00:00

m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty

969 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-10 10:38:06

Greetings, everyone. I hope you're doing great.

So, I've got some interesting news today. I'm proud to unveil a project I have been keeping under wraps for The Underground Collective, which isn't Volume II. It's a complete and utter surprise, instead. It's something special meant as a tribute album for someone we hold dearly in high regard. Someone who's a fellow Newgrounder like us, a charitable individual and a great composer.

This is for you, man. @MactaMendax
It's our turn now.

So, how did we get the idea? Well, me and @backwardecho have been wanting to create something like this for months. It was important for us to remind ourselves about what really makes Newgrounds great. It's a community, first and foremost. We reminded ourselves that there's nothing wrong in asking for help when someone needs it. We reminded ourselves that our collaborative spirit can take us to greater heights and propel each other to grow as artists and individuals. We collab to express ourselves and ultimately because it's fun!

We took this opportunity to show to this awesome website that such things can exist if we open our minds to it. We grabbed about a dozen people — good friends and musicians, and we then decided to secretly coordinate ourselves for this special occasion. An entire album made to symbolically represent what @MactaMandex's actions mean to us. His patronage and philanthropy on the website. And we took the concept a step further.

With charity on our minds since the start, we thought of sharing this cause, as suggested by our friend @RealFaction, available at GoFundMe here: https://www.gofundme.com/help-my-abused-girlfriend-move

It's a heartbreaking story, and the title of our tribute album unintentionally reflects what we could all wish for Jacob and her girlfriend: freedom. Freedom of expression. Freedom to be what you want to be.

So, please, give our tracks a chance! :) Share them, listen, do whatever you want. Feel also free to tag more people in the comment section below.

As for Volume II of The Underground Collective, well... TBA. ;o

@backwardecho @edm364 @Enzer0 @hikari @jacobcadmus @larrynachos @mattashi @evilraccoon @phonometrologist @realfaction @lucidshadowdreamer @soundchris

Album link: https://the-underground-collective.bandcamp.com/album/m0lecular-soundwaves-in-liberty

m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty

loading: ...\root\project\Forgotten_Dawn\art\sig.gif

BBS Signature

At 5/10/17 10:38 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote: Album link: https://the-underground-collective.bandcamp.com/album/m0lecular-soundwaves-in-liberty

Following this thread. When my piece is completed, I will post it here on Newgrounds and link the album/gofundme. Unfortunately due to RL issues, I wasn't able to finish on time. Very excited to see everyone's hard work take flight, though!

@LexaHergon @NekoMika @littlemisfortune, you may find this interesting.

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-10 17:09:46

holyshit soundchris did japanese/anime soundtrack. he's in difficult time right now with his mom's health :(. realfaction's GF is also in a difficult time. :( i hope they pull through.

holyfuck im overwhelmed by this. :O

this could be an epic music album in trailer industry. enzo and peter both on it. cadmus, phono, mattashi, FD, larry, LSD and RF.

you guys are fucking awesome. im gonna purchase this.

I have no one style.

- Oscar Peterson

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-10 17:25:54

At 5/10/17 05:09 PM, MactaMendax wrote: holyshit soundchris did japanese/anime soundtrack. he's in difficult time right now with his mom's health :(. realfaction's GF is also in a difficult time. :( i hope they pull through.

You are welcome. You always were and are a great friend and an awesome person. I always enjoy talking and spending the time with you. You have a very big heart, are a reflective person and always have an open ear for others even you are in a heavy situation yourself. Great to have you hear man! (i hope you like japanese piano :D )

BBS Signature

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-10 22:40:24

I had listened to everyone's WIP tracks during the discord sessions, but now listening to the completed album in context, I gotta say WOW! Everyone did an outstanding job! You can bet that I'll be blasting this album while driving to/from work and running errands.

BBS Signature

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-11 01:45:25

Spreading the word.
I made a sig. for the purpose. If you mates like it get yours in here :
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/4dd7e744da20d1a831cdb8b21d947531

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-11 11:57:00

You guys did such an amazing job!!! The album looks great, can't wait to fully listen to everyone's tracks now that it's all finished. I'll be posting my incomplete piece here on NG today with links to your album and the gofundme. @MactaMendax hope you're happy! ^_~

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-11 13:36:04

I honestly don't have words for this.
It's times like this that I'm proud from the bottom of my heart that I'm part of such a wonderful community.
Really wish you all well @MactaMandex

New Track - Colour Color Farge Coleur

Need good feedback? Consider checking out the Review Request Club

Ectisity - Leader of the {Review Request Club}

BBS Signature

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-11 14:29:20

At 5/11/17 01:36 PM, Ectisity wrote: I honestly don't have words for this.
It's times like this that I'm proud from the bottom of my heart that I'm part of such a wonderful community.

I love this community. NG is everything I love. No matter how insane is it, I always come back for it. My life connected to NG.

thanks. im doing alright and my health have been improving slowly. under monitor by doctors, heavy dose of meds and do check up nearly every week. im also part of subjects for health research of leukemia at Princess Margaret, so they are doing everything to help me.

I have no one style.

- Oscar Peterson

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-12 06:40:35

At 5/11/17 02:29 PM, MactaMendax wrote:
At 5/11/17 01:36 PM, Ectisity wrote: I honestly don't have words for this.
I love this community. NG is everything I love. No matter how insane is it, I always come back for it. My life connected to NG.

thanks. im doing alright and my health have been improving slowly. under monitor by doctors, heavy dose of meds and do check up nearly every week. im also part of subjects for health research of leukemia at Princess Margaret, so they are doing everything to help me.

I was about to ask how that was going, @MactaMendax. Very glad they people are doing everything in their power. Be assured of lots of prayers, thoughts and meeps from Seán and myself.

I haven't a penny to my name, but Seán started the ball rolling on that donation page. I want to do more to spread the word. I don't know if tagging a few people who could use their influence would be appropriate behaviour in this case... I don't want to merely use them. They're friends to me.

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-13 05:27:44

At 5/10/17 05:09 PM, MactaMendax wrote: holyshit soundchris did japanese/anime soundtrack. he's in difficult time right now with his mom's health :(. realfaction's GF is also in a difficult time. :( i hope they pull through.

this could be an epic music album in trailer industry. enzo and peter both on it. cadmus, phono, mattashi, FD, larry, LSD and RF.

You're very welcome. I hope things pick up for you and your girlfriend. It was an honor for myself and Enzo to create something for the album. You're extremely talented and kind and it was an instant yes from me to be part of this. I'm waiting to get paid on a few jobs, once I do I'll contribute.

This sort of thing is why I <3 newgrounds. :)

aka. Peter

BBS Signature

Response to m0lecular - soundwaves in liberty 2017-05-15 16:12:54

This is an amazing album and a great cause to do. NG community never ceases to amaze me. :)

Hope things get sorted out. I am currently listening to the album and it is absolutely stunning. I wish I could donate on the to the GoFundMe, I truly do but I have £9 in my bank and also struggling with life and no job. ^^ Many good wishes to everyone and this is a great thing you all that are involved that are doing.

BBS Signature